Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

How Much Do I Pay My Middlemen? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Much Do I Pay My Middlemen? (3184 Views)

. / How Much Will I Pay For 10,000 Facebook Fanpage Likes? I Really Need It. / Must I Pay 350k For A .com.ng Domain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do I Pay My Middlemen? by kheme(m): 5:12pm On Dec 23, 2010
I'm a small time, freelance website developer and i have a few people getting jobs for me. a problem i have not been able to solve is HOW MUCH DO I PAY MY MIDDLEMEN

what is a good and acceptable percentage? %15? %20? %25? and what if there are more than one like right now, have 2 middle men, how do i pay them both?

so what is an acceptable percentage for a freelance website developer to pay for getting a job?
Re: How Much Do I Pay My Middlemen? by yawatide(f): 5:39pm On Dec 23, 2010
My rule of thumb is that any business should make at least 300% profit: 100% for savings, 100% to plow back into the business and 100% to cater to costs. So, if you are to follow my mantra, then:

1) you talk in advance with respect to what they want to be paid,
2) you weigh that with what you are actually able to pay and
3) taking #2 into consideration, you factor in this cost into your own pricing and see if clients will go for it. If they do, you are fine. If not, you negotiate down with your middlemen. If the middlemen don't agree, you keep searching for one who will.

Good luck!
Re: How Much Do I Pay My Middlemen? by kheme(m): 8:04pm On Dec 25, 2010
yawa-ti-de, thanks for your input. but i'm in a situation where i didn't consider all that, as i told one of the middlemen before. so how do i settle them without consider them and the work to be done
Re: How Much Do I Pay My Middlemen? by yawatide(f): 8:14pm On Dec 25, 2010
Then you need to negotiate with them what you think is a fair price. If they don't agree, in order to save your reputation, "close eye" and pay but bear in mind, the contents of my original post for the future.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!
Re: How Much Do I Pay My Middlemen? by kheme(m): 9:28pm On Dec 25, 2010
so what percentage would you give em if you were in my case? cos i can't think of anything and they won't suggest anything. i was going to give 15% each, what you think?
Re: How Much Do I Pay My Middlemen? by yawatide(f): 9:34pm On Dec 25, 2010
15% of what? I mean you need to be more specific. 15% of N1 is 15kobo which would be an insult while 15% of 1m is 150K

So, again, 15% of what?
Re: How Much Do I Pay My Middlemen? by kheme(m): 9:52pm On Dec 25, 2010
lol. ok, i'm talking at least 500 EUROS
Re: How Much Do I Pay My Middlemen? by yawatide(f): 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2010
Based on at least 500 euros, I don't think 75 euros each is a bad deal.
Re: How Much Do I Pay My Middlemen? by kheme(m): 1:55am On Dec 26, 2010
lol bad deal for them? so what do you suggest for that amount?
Re: How Much Do I Pay My Middlemen? by yawatide(f): 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2010
Photoshop/fireworks design + at least the html code of the home page
Re: How Much Do I Pay My Middlemen? by kheme(m): 10:41pm On Dec 26, 2010
i meant, how many percent is fair for that amount?
Re: How Much Do I Pay My Middlemen? by yawatide(f): 12:58am On Dec 27, 2010
hmm, na wa for you o! You said there are 2 of them and I am saying split 150 - 200 euros b/w the 2 of them if they are doing the work evenly or you can pay them based on the %age of work done by each.

I guess I don't understand where you are going
Re: How Much Do I Pay My Middlemen? by kheme(m): 1:19pm On Dec 27, 2010
no, you're on the right track. the first guy got the job for the second guy. the payments come through the first guy. the second guy gave me the job as he knows nothing about websites. so, the first guy doesn't really do much. and the second guy, well, we sometimes talk to the client on my behalf. so that's about the work they do. but i guess i have to know exactly how much i'd be getting first to decide. thanks for your input anyways.

(1) (Reply)

Hp Elitebook 8560p Review / Hot Topic/featured Links For Phpbb Or Mybb Forum Script / Blogs Other Than The Entertainment Niche - Drop Your Url

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.