Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me (42272 Views)

Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Being Black In Berlin/germany / Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by VBCampaign: 4:52am On Mar 16, 2020
How A Nigerian Saved Me From Cold And Hunger In Berlin By Deji Yesufu

Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights and the Appearing of an Angel

I was billed to leave Germany on Saturday morning. Our flight with Turkish Airlines was to leave Germany at 6:55am. By 6:30am there was nobody in sight at the Turkish Airlines boarding corner of the Airport.

“What’s happening”, was the expression written on everyone’s face.

A few minutes later, the people to check us in announced: Turkey has barred all foreigners from coming into their country and this would include those of us transiting through the country.

“What happened?” We asked.

Coronavirus.

This announcement was also coinciding with Donald Trump’s speech that had barred most Europeans from entering the USA.

We were told that their plane could only carry their own nationals. The rest of us were on our own.

Ha!

A lady beside me was already in tears. Me? Confused. How do I continue in this horrendous cold of Germany? What do I eat; where will one sleep; and most importantly, how does one return to Nigeria? Those were the questions on my mind when I approached one of the guys by the ticket counter and asked… He referred me to Turkish Airlines enquires desk.

By the time I got there, the place was filled with people. Everyone was asking the same question: how do we leave Germany?

At first we were told we would be refunded our monies. But, thankfully, there was another policy somersault: we would all be placed in different airlines back to our destinations – I got Airfrance. That’s the good news, which should always come first. The bad news: the earliest flight I could get was Sunday, 6am. I must wait out another 24 hours in Berlin!

My colleague was already feeling unwell. We would discover later that the cold had gotten into his chest and another two hours outside would have been sure pneumonia.

My head started to work. I remembered that I had put out a post on Facebook talking about my visit to Berlin. One person, only one o, got in touch with me privately, saying that he lives in Berlin and it would be a pleasure to meet me. That my writing inspires him. His name: Taiwo Arowoyele. I sent him a PM saying in short: “Help!”

He sent us an address not too from the airport, and in a few minutes we where in this God-sent man’s living room, sipping hot tea. My colleague drank four cups before he could recover himself.

Taiwo Arowoyele is a Nigerian living in Berlin and having trained as a Social Worker in Lithuania, he returned to Berlin to work. He also does some business by the side. Taiwo is not wealthy but he has heart large enough to share.

Taiwo settles us into a room and gave us out first and only taste of rice in Berlin. He served it with tough chicken and some good “shaki”. We just kept saying thank you.

Later in the day, Taiwo took us out to see downtown Berlin. We took the subway, branched at an eatery to munch on chips and chicken, and then we went around the city center taking pictures. It was fun. And the disappointment of the cancelled flight soon faded away. In fact I was thankful for missing that flight. For then I might not have met this angel.

Early Sunday morning, Taiwo called a taxi for us and we got to the airport early enough to meet our flight.

Taiwo had begun to follow my writing on Facebook after watching my video on tithing (it appears to me that a lot more Nigerians abroad saw that video). It is the same time Taiwo that God sent as help to us. Those of you who vilify Facebook – see how it has helped me �. As I type this, I am in Paris awaiting my transit flight to Lagos.

This is what Coronavirus has done to us o… but with this disappointment came a blessing. I return to Nigeria by the grace of God to a sure two weeks quarantine.

Shallom.

@ Deji Yesufu

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2709076759168517&id=1505609702848568

(Taiwo Arowoyele is in the middle in the attached picture)

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by Oloki: 5:43am On Mar 16, 2020
thank God for you people o.... all I know is good people still exist... a lot of Arowolos outside there.... God should position us close to our helpers destination..

140 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by Lawgod247: 5:50am On Mar 16, 2020
May God bless the gentleman richly. This is humanity. Anyways, for CAC Company or Business Name registration, Foundation, Schools, Church, NGO, Trademark, TIN, SCUMI, NAFDAC number etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng. Don't forget to replicate same gesture whenever you are in position to so do.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 16, 2020
Good Samaritan

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by Nobody: 6:26am On Mar 16, 2020
May God bless and return him the favour in multiple fold...

Yes good people still exist.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by cRobo: 10:20am On Mar 16, 2020
Ps.91.7 - A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. [KJV]

I won't say a word

7 Likes

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by Chatflick(m): 10:20am On Mar 16, 2020
Good people do exist and I'm proud to be part of that

23 Likes

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by philip0906(m): 10:20am On Mar 16, 2020
Great!

For those of you who are questioning the response of the Nigerian government and african government at large, below is a tweet that shows how to a large extent, we have been able to put coronavirus at bay.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by mytime24(f): 10:20am On Mar 16, 2020
coronavirus don cus bad market for our girls in italy angry

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by GRACEGLORY: 10:21am On Mar 16, 2020
It's our responsibility to respond to the needs of others notwithstanding who, where, when or how. That's simply taking responsibility. The bro is in his right frame of mind.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by seunlayi(m): 10:22am On Mar 16, 2020
We Nigerians are naturally good people. Are you one of us?

Just that condition is bending people anyhow these days

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by noblealuu: 10:23am On Mar 16, 2020
9cguy:
May God bless and return him the favour in multiple fold...

Yes good people still exist.

Amen!

This Covid19 has really wrecked the whole world.
Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by Dannyozs(m): 10:23am On Mar 16, 2020
Berlin, land of the free kiss

God bless Mr. Taiwo

5 Likes

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by davades(m): 10:24am On Mar 16, 2020
Nice one
Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by Clinghton: 10:25am On Mar 16, 2020
He should be called a BROTHER

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by lapazi(m): 10:25am On Mar 16, 2020
Look at this one undecided

Can some one quarantine him straight from the airport pls?

no koba us o grin

3 Likes

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by Smartfix: 10:25am On Mar 16, 2020
If you have a crack or chip on your windshield and you happen to be reading this, do well to contact me on the numbers on my signature below. Cracks on windshield are very much repairable and the replacement cost saved with the help of a UV-aided modern technology. The earlier a crack or chip is repaired the better the result and the safer and healthier the windshield, as a professionally done glass repair ultimately ends any chance of a spread or further running of the crack in addition to restoring the windshield to a near perfect state without any sign of a damage.
Thank you. .
Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 16, 2020
seunlayi:
Nigerians are naturally good people
Eh? Nobody is naturally good it is a human being's choice. Even the so called people I call extended family are trying to ruin my immediate family's peace. Even here on NL you can see that a lot of Nigerians are wicked and bad.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by YorubaKinging: 10:26am On Mar 16, 2020
I know one thing for sure
Very very very soon
All my people scattered throughout the world will come back to Zion
Some by foot, some by sea, some by air
But the ransomed and the redeemed of the Lord will return to Zion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by Movicq(m): 10:26am On Mar 16, 2020
Haaaa Taiwo

1 Like

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by kellight(m): 10:28am On Mar 16, 2020
God sure has his own ways of doing things
Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by pennywys(m): 10:29am On Mar 16, 2020
cheesy
Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by SQLmastar(m): 10:29am On Mar 16, 2020
There's coro in Germany oo.
Europe is the new Epicentre

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by NuclearReactor: 10:30am On Mar 16, 2020
cRobo:
Ps.91.7 - A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. [KJV]

I won't say a word
You have already said one... undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me by GamalNasser: 10:30am On Mar 16, 2020
Nothing like a good cup of tea in a warm room when you have been bitten severe cold

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Train And Trailer Collide In Aba (Photos, Video) / Oyinbo Man In Nigeria Gushes About Mobile Policemen Protecting Him (Pic / Man Raises Concern Over Cracked Basement Pillar At The Lagos Airport (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.