Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims (13906 Views)

Stuttgart Fan Starts €900m Fundraiser In Bid To Help Club Sign Lionel Messi / Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has tested positive for coronavirus. / Daniele Rugani Tests Positive For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by ogbiwa: 6:40am On Mar 16, 2020
Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has set up a fundraising page and pledged financial support to Unicef to help children affected by coronavirus.

After turning 27 on Sunday, Pogba set up the birthday fundraiser to "help fight this war against Covid-19".

The France international says he will double the fund if his goal of £27,000 is reached.
"The impact of a large-scale outbreak, especially on poor and vulnerable children, can be immense," Pogba wrote.

"It's my birthday and I'm always grateful that me, my family and friends are healthy.

Nonetheless, not everybody is in good health right now.

"At times like this we need to come together."

The money will be used to provide disposable gloves, surgical masks and vented goggles for health workers.

On his 26th birthday, Pogba raised £7,360 for clean water organisation Charity Water.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51898604

5 Likes

Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by ogbiwa: 6:44am On Mar 16, 2020
ogbiwa:
On his 26th birthday, Pogba raised £7,360 for clean water organisation Charity Water.

Of course I always appreciate when people give, but did he really need a fundraiser to raise this amount? This is less than 5% of his weekly income from football alone.

30 Likes

Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by helinues: 6:49am On Mar 16, 2020
Good of him
Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by otunbalamba: 6:50am On Mar 16, 2020
cheesy
Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by chinavs9ja(m): 6:51am On Mar 16, 2020
It is a welcome development

Check my signature buddy
Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by DenreleDave(m): 6:51am On Mar 16, 2020
Nice one from him.. Pogba omo Iya she grin

Experts pls come in and render your advise
Any hope for bitcoin guys..
Do you think one should buy now that it's 5300 dollars or one shud still wait till it falls to 4k dollars?
Your suggestions pls bcox i wud love to invest my one month allawee.
Shud I buy now or wait till it falls?
Is the any hope that bitcoin will rise back to what it was in early February?
Pls kinmdy explain if bitcoin will rise again and is it good to be bullish now?

Make I learn

1 Like

Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by nnanyereugo(m): 6:51am On Mar 16, 2020
No matter how small, the sick children appreciates.

1 Like

Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by Onyeedum(m): 6:51am On Mar 16, 2020
Now, this is GREATNESS
Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by whytediamond(m): 6:52am On Mar 16, 2020
Z
Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by OakConsultNG: 6:52am On Mar 16, 2020
Interesting..

Meanwhile, Obtain your TIN. Register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by nairalanduseles: 6:52am On Mar 16, 2020
ogbiwa:

Of course I always appreciate when people give, but did he really need a fundraiser to raise this amount? This is less than 5% of his weekly income from football alone.

When last have u given to charity ...... Even 1%

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by Jobio1(f): 6:52am On Mar 16, 2020
Grateful heart.
Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by driand(m): 6:52am On Mar 16, 2020

Another clout chaser

What kinda rubbish page is that?

What do these guys do with all this money?

Just donate your one week salary and be done with this

STOP CHASING CLOUT!

1 Like

Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by IntellectOzone(m): 6:53am On Mar 16, 2020
While our own Celebrity's they use there own money do lavish spender like Elegushi

2 Likes

Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by NigeriaBam: 6:53am On Mar 16, 2020
GOOD HEART KEEP IT UP. God Bless You, and Wishing You Long Life and Prosperity

1 Like

Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by miteolu(m): 6:54am On Mar 16, 2020
Scam
Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by jonadaft: 6:55am On Mar 16, 2020
My guy
Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by Pleasant01: 6:55am On Mar 16, 2020
b
Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by Finnese001: 6:55am On Mar 16, 2020
cheesy
Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by Greenarrow01(m): 6:55am On Mar 16, 2020
ogbiwa:

Asin

These people make huge money,,, but they still set up crowdfunding pages just to donate 10k
Pogba makes mad money in monthly salary, makes mad money in image rights, Instagram, and a whole lots of side hustles
Yet he was only able to raise a paltry sum of £7600 for his last birthday.
I understand that it's his money.. but still na

7 Likes

Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by Basit46: 6:55am On Mar 16, 2020
DonDemu:
One Yoruba idiot said Senegal has produced cure for Corona virus because it educates its people and does not allow them to become almajiri.

I said what went wrong that Yoruba did not produce the cure despite their claim to education, but ended up producing haters, agberos, cultists , xenophibics, ritual killers, head hunters, akwatos,cowardly generals who knelt and weep for their lives before Abacha, Tinubus, Ganiyu Adams, FFK and other human waste ?

. Habi. Always claming to be better than north
Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by NORSYK(m): 6:55am On Mar 16, 2020
Pogba is very stingy, how much is it that he needs a fundraiser to raise this money?
CR7 is giving out millions of pounds to charity every year.
Mbappe of yesterday is giving out hundreds of thousands pounds.
Son Heung-min that earns lower than pogba gave out over 65,000 pounds

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by gurunlocker: 6:55am On Mar 16, 2020
Hope it's not Audio like the Hotel of the best player in the last 77 years shocked
Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by omoadeleye(m): 6:56am On Mar 16, 2020
DonDemu:
One Yoruba idiot said Senegal has produced cure for Corona virus because it educates its people and does not allow them to become almajiri.

I said what went wrong that Yoruba did not produce the cure despite their claim to education, but ended up producing haters, agberos, cultists , xenophibics, ritual killers, head hunters, akwatos,cowardly generals who knelt and weep for their lives before Abacha, Tinubus, Ganiyu Adams, FFK and other human waste ?

Issokay
Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by Basit46: 6:56am On Mar 16, 2020
IntellectOzone:
While our own Celebrity's they use there own money do lavish spender like Elegushi
U don't need to post that pic

Grow up
Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by OmayieHenry(m): 6:57am On Mar 16, 2020
:D5
Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by emmabest2000(m): 6:58am On Mar 16, 2020
Givers never lack

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pogba Pledges Support And Sets Up Fundraiser For Coronavirus Victims by bamasite2: 6:59am On Mar 16, 2020
Good job. The money dey. Use it for humanity...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Barca Players To Be Tested For COVID-19 Today Before Resuming Training / Canada 2-2 Nigeria (International Women's Friendly) / Samson Siasia Unveils Gandoki As The Official Comedian To The Dream Team VI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.