Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,129 members, 7,849,519 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:13 PM

Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings (642 Views)

Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients / Coronavirus: Osun Bans All Public Gatherings / Chinese Health Workers Take Off Facemasks To Celebrate Fall In Coronavirus Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by kelvinginzie: 7:55am On Mar 16, 2020
President Akufo-Addo has banned all public gatherings including conference, workshops, funerals, festivals, political rallies and church activities and related events as part of measures to stop the spread of coronavirus in the country.

The President in a national address on Sunday said the ban will be in force for the next four weeks.

“I have decided in the interest of public safety and the protection of our population to review the public gathering advisories earlier announced as follows. Firstly, all public gatherings including conferences, workshops, funerals, festivals, political rallies, sporting events and religious activities, such as services in churches and mosques, have been suspended for the next four (4) weeks. Private burials are permitted, but with limited numbers, not exceeding twenty-five (25) in attendance,” the President said.

Coronavirus cases in Ghana

Ghana has so far recorded four more cases of the Coronavirus. This makes a total of six cases.

https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Government-bans-church-activities-funerals-other-public-gatherings-895150

cc lalasticlala
Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by Perfecttouchade: 7:56am On Mar 16, 2020
I repeat Nigeria should handle border case now before this our neighbors intentionally decide to come and do special delivery of this Virus..if the virus enter through land borders , it will be difficult to contain..we all know that all these African countries no like Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by kelvinginzie: 7:56am On Mar 16, 2020
God protect us
Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by SenorFax(m): 8:02am On Mar 16, 2020
Ghana must not be allowed to enter Naija ooo.
Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by godkiller(m): 8:11am On Mar 16, 2020
How can we differentiate a Ghanaian from Nigerian?
Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by Witcher(f): 8:12am On Mar 16, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
I repeat Nigeria should handle border case now before this our neighbors intentionally decide to come and do special delivery of this Virus..if the virus enter through land borders , it will be difficult to contain..we all know that all these African countries no like Nigeria
grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by Lawgod247: 8:16am On Mar 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by Perfecttouchade: 8:18am On Mar 16, 2020
godkiller:
if u meet anyone and u no dey sure if he/she is a Nigerian or Ghanian, tear am beta korrect slap,the first word wey come out of him/her mouth go decide if na Ghanian or not grin
Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 16, 2020
This is serious.
Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by Joystark(f): 8:48am On Mar 16, 2020
I think say them say e no dey survive for Africa?
Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by Ogegeodey(m): 8:58am On Mar 16, 2020
When you hear stories like this, you thank God that Nigeria was able to contain the virus.

When the government is right we give them the credit whether GEJ or PMB, whether PDP or APC.

We just don't want the virus
Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by Jakumo(m): 9:27am On Mar 16, 2020
godkiller:

Ghanaian people call everybody "Charlie", while Nigerians call everybody late when cash is being shared.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by Jakumo(m): 9:42am On Mar 16, 2020
Joystark:
I think say them say e no dey survive for Africa?

It is highly likely that a minimum of 50% of all commercial airliners that deliver passengers into African airports from Europe or Asia, have also brought in carriers of the corona virus.

Thus far as of today March 16th 2020, however, there have been no publicized reports of DEATHS from corona virus infections throughout sub-Saharan Africa, despite the likely presence of corona virus carriers numbering in the hundreds, that are currently scattered throughout the West African sub-region. Unlike the wildfire speed of corona virus infection in Italy, Iran and Spain, for example, there simply have been NO reports THUS FAR, of wholesale infections occurring on the African continent.

The absence of widespread secondary (novel) corona virus infections in Nigeria and other West African nations, despite the highly probable presence of virus infected travelers from outside the country, suggests that the current seasonal hot weather in West Africa and South America, is most likely the primary disease transmission inhibitor responsible for drastically slowing down the onset of clinical symptoms in those who exported the virus infection to Africa, while also rendering the virus itself far less capable of secondary (novel) transmission, than is the case in European nations still experiencing cold winter weather, even with spring around the corner.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by Joystark(f): 9:47am On Mar 16, 2020
Jakumo:

It is highly likely that a minimum of 50% of all commercial airliners that deliver passengers into African airports from Europe or Asia, have also brought in carriers of the corona virus.

Thus far as of today March 16th 2020, however, there have been no publicized reports of DEATHS from corona virus infections throughout sub-Saharan Africa, despite the likely presence of corona virus carriers numbering in the hundreds, that are currently scattered throughout the West African sub-region. Unlike the wildfire speed of corona virus infection in Italy, Iran and Spain, for example, there simply have been NO reports THUS FAR, of wholesale infections occurring on the African continent.

The absence of widespread secondary (novel) corona virus infections in Nigeria and other Wet African nations, despite the likely presence of virus infected travelers from outside the country, suggests that the current seasonal hot weather in West Africa and South America, is most likely the primary disease transmission inhibitor responsible for drastically slowing down the onset of clinical symptoms in those who exported the virus infection to Africa, while also rendering the virus itself far less capable of secondary (novel) transmission, than is the case in European nations still experiencing cold winter weather, even with spring around the corner.

Definitely likely.

Did you write this?
Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by Jakumo(m): 9:49am On Mar 16, 2020
Joystark:

Definitely likely.

Did you write this?

Typo. Looking for it.

Ok yes I did write the above paragraphs myself. I thought initially that you were pointing out a typographical error, which I make often.
Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by Joystark(f): 9:52am On Mar 16, 2020
Jakumo:

Typo. Looking for it.

Ok yes I did write the above paragraphs myself. I thought initially that you were pointing out a typographical error, which I make often.

You write well.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by Jakumo(m): 9:55am On Mar 16, 2020
Joystark:

You write well.

Why thank you. I am yet to receive any royalty payment alerts from our Oga Seun, but I still haven't lost all hope of hearing from him.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by Joystark(f): 10:09am On Mar 16, 2020
Jakumo:

Why thank you. I am yet to receive any royalty payment alerts from our Oga Seun, but I still haven't lost all hope of hearing from him.

Keep hope alive.
Hope you've sent him your account number tho?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by makydebbie(f): 10:11am On Mar 16, 2020
SenorFax:
Ghana must not be allowed to enter Naija ooo.

Ode how can Ghana enter Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by MumuCountry: 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2020
Shut up. Who gives a flying fvck about Nigeria? How many Ghanaians go to nigeria sef?

Perfecttouchade:
Re: Ghana Has 6 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases, President Bans Public Gatherings by SenorFax(m): 2:26pm On Mar 16, 2020
makydebbie:

Ode how can Ghana enter Nigeria.
Is that why you are looking like a masquerade??

Na express you dey go so ooo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Urgent!! Pigs Dying In Large Numbers. / First Bill Gates Now Elon Musk Rolls Out Brain Chip / The Biggest Tailoring House In Port Harcourt Is Producing Five Million Free Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.