Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,776 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Purest Living Thing - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Purest Living Thing (1305 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Purest Living Thing by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 24, 2010
i see the image appear        like the rising of the sun        i marvell the creature           like the twinkling star she glow                                  the moon kisses me on the street                                 behind her shadow i walk     thinking how to put this in divine                                 my heart beat by her speaking                            what is it behind the siege   her speaking is eloquent       my smile ceased                as our eyes meet               our voices lay quiet,silent,waiting                          into her eye i look                can i come with you             in a crying voice i speak       take me to the street         where mankind eye divide    let me embrace you          like a newly forge gold      let me lead you          through the freezing snow    to the crystal springs     where i have found          the purest living thing****  you will be the pioneer of the land                      where the sun never set   and the road never end.
Re: Purest Living Thing by Zeta(m): 1:41am On Dec 29, 2010
I am not fit to be a good critic of peotry, but I thought it was very nice. Vey nice. As I read the poem, I actually visualized the moon coming down to the poet, but the image disappeared as I read on.

Poems are great. I like the way there is no mathematical formula that one can follow to write a poem(if there is it should be burned, or sent off to outer space). lol. One only has to know what the purpose of the poem is, and to let the feelings in the heart of the poet form the words. At least that's the way I write.

I write little poems mostly to spice up my short stories. Do you write short stories? If you do how do I make my characters come alive. There are some novels I read, that I get so engrossed in the story that i actually think the characters are real people. That's the kind of effect I want to cause in the readers of my short-stories, screenplays, or hopefully novels.
Re: Purest Living Thing by enix2dmix: 12:08am On Feb 09, 2011
great poem u gat dere, cheesy
Re: Purest Living Thing by Orikinla(m): 6:13pm On Feb 09, 2011
Good choice of words to illustrate your subject.

I liked it.

(1) (Reply)

Discuss Dostoyevsky's Claim / Higher Institution – The Home For The Smart / See An Epic Reply From Someone Who Wanted To Learn Fiction from me( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.