Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings (81665 Views)

Becheve: Cross River Community Where Unborn Baby Girls Are Betrothed To Aged Men / Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King / Enugwu Ukwu In Anambra Where Pythons & Human Beings Live In Harmony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Sojiboi(m): 5:05pm On May 16, 2020
Hmmm oh my God of Jerusalem
Please follow my on IG @Bazookablogng
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by onadana: 5:05pm On May 16, 2020
I enjoyed reading the history. I wonder why history was expunged from secondary school curriculum. I remember history in those days...my history teacher was so dramatic he himself looked like a relic.

1 Like

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Fmartin(m): 5:05pm On May 16, 2020
In Tiv land, there is a particular snake that it's not killed. The snake is green in color
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by smatme(m): 5:05pm On May 16, 2020
Tourism destination for our dear broda LALA.
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Emperor4tune(m): 5:08pm On May 16, 2020
the only thing i have capture is machina,yobe & snakes @ least i know how to advice and warn my family members in advance in case any of them had made plans to marry from machina,then they are on their own
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by xrayj(m): 5:08pm On May 16, 2020
GboyegaD:
Put the video here and I can only see one picture. Would have expected to see a few people with snakes around them and are comfortable with them.
My expectation as well
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Hoephase: 5:11pm On May 16, 2020
Legalcriminal:

Must you drag Islam on every topic related to northerners. This is their culture before Islam, don’t be myopic.

What is myopic in asking a question based on my understanding to the Muslims Islam is a way of life and the last time I checked a people's way of life is their culture.

Stop being an idiot and open your mind to learn.

The problem with blackman is they never ask questions. They never query anything too timid to learn about anything that might fly in the face of their believe system.

2 Likes

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Hoephase: 5:13pm On May 16, 2020
tamdun:

My 1 year in Damaturu was the longest year of my life.

1 Like

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by FLYFIRE(m): 5:13pm On May 16, 2020
That man's right hand doesn't look friendly oo cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Godfullsam(m): 5:16pm On May 16, 2020
Nawa!
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by apexc1612: 5:17pm On May 16, 2020
[color=#] 1254657[/color]
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by bluefilm: 5:18pm On May 16, 2020
So Lalasticlala i bu onye Machina?

O di egwu o!
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by lafiagi007: 5:18pm On May 16, 2020
Hoephase:
What is the position of Islam on this?

Please my Muslim brethren should help us out with this.
The prophet Muhammad S.A.W advised against killing of snakes. In one of the narrations, he once advised that if one of us should see a snake in our room, we should tell it to leave orally and in three different occasions, if it refuses to leave, then you pray and kill it.
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Sultty(m): 5:19pm On May 16, 2020
Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaalalalalalaaalalalalalalalalalalalalalallalalalalalalalalallalalallalalalalalalaalalalalalala

1 Like

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Bahamas95(m): 5:19pm On May 16, 2020
I fear snake egg pass lion.

Can't look at that creature twice, tufiakwa!

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by gibsonwales(m): 5:20pm On May 16, 2020
Ivo local government in Ebonyi state shares a similar story. I heard about it while I was serving there.
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by bmdmixer: 5:20pm On May 16, 2020
very very very long story with one picture
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by tamdun: 5:23pm On May 16, 2020
Hoephase:

My 1 year in Damaturu was the longest year of my life.
I left after 2011 election, everyone of us that went to gowon House abuja were given redeployment letter (about 20 copers lost their life because of that election)
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Nyamve1: 5:28pm On May 16, 2020
jumper524:
Make pesin summarise d stuff abeg. I no fit strss my brain for this kind article..
Lazy nigerian youth
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by OdefaGirl(f): 5:30pm On May 16, 2020
Interesting.... HISTORY!!
I took my time to digest it.... including the name of the village, so that I don't visit accidentally grin grin
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Nyamve1: 5:31pm On May 16, 2020
Fmartin:
In Tiv land, there is a particular snake that it's not killed. The snake is green in color
Yes that's right, the snake help them to cross a river according to history

1 Like

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by OKTolu: 5:32pm On May 16, 2020
una Weldon
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by AsawanaDgreat: 5:36pm On May 16, 2020
Lala colleagues
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by backtalkG(m): 5:53pm On May 16, 2020
this most be lalaland grin
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by mordred44: 5:53pm On May 16, 2020
jmonaco:
angry
machina 1400yrs... abeg hw old is nigeria my country
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by jaxxy(m): 5:54pm On May 16, 2020
Frnds or u mean u jazzed dem?
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Chirowman(m): 5:54pm On May 16, 2020
see wahala yanga dey sleep trouble dey wake am.snakes friendship no be where cobra dey that snake is always angry and ready to eat any food .
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Justiceleague1: 5:54pm On May 16, 2020
Deal with a coneheaded structure first before dealing with a snake.
A conehead is more dangerous grin
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by toprealman: 5:55pm On May 16, 2020
Pictures make such long tale interesting
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by jamace(m): 6:01pm On May 16, 2020
Idemili Local Government Area in Anambra State has similar culture. Snake is their friend. grin

1 Like

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by ValCon888: 6:02pm On May 16, 2020
Hussein01:

Whatsup with lalasticlala and snake, I notice any thread on NL that has something with snakes is referred to uncle Lala.
He's the mod who pushed snake threads to the front page.
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by JonCina(m): 6:03pm On May 16, 2020
So because of only one picture of snake you post, you waste time dey write epistle?

You'd have uploaded more pictures of snakes with the people in the community and let the pictures do the talking!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Count From One To A Thousand In Your Local Dialect ? / Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne / Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.