Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,085 members, 7,828,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos (64884 Views)

Second Case Of Coronavirus Confirmed In Nigeria / Third case of Coronavirus confirmed in South Africa / Senegal Confirms First Coronavirus Case, Patient Is A French Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by Arijude(m): 2:53pm On Mar 17, 2020
Froshloaded:
The number one citizen of the country is a fool.. Shey na until the virus spread finish before he take some essential decisions
he is not aware of anything happening around him. A very dumb oldie

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by quickly: 2:55pm On Mar 17, 2020
fulaniHERDSman:
Buhari close border ooooooooooooo!!!

How hard is it bikonu

Life first before anything else!!!!??

US has shut border to UK, all of Europe and CHina

but Nigeria government want to be forming superman.

They dont have a 10th of the facilities

1 Like

Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by MrNipplesLover(m): 3:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
This government is just annoying.
they should ban incoming flights from abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by backnbeta(f): 3:13pm On Mar 17, 2020
tonididdy:

Anti don't let me get angry oh... Loved one ke... Pls your bf can wait.

This is a case of over 120m+ Nigerians
Boyfriend ke? Loved ones for me are my children, husband, mum, parents-in-law and siblings...one of them I'm expecting undecided
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by IdrisE(m): 3:18pm On Mar 17, 2020
FlyoruB:
It says the person entered Nigeria on the 13th. Why is government not stopping/banning anyone that has visited the flash points of this global outbreak from entering Nigeria? Cancel their visas too if they are foreigners like S.A recently did, irrespective of where they are from. This is insane. FG is endangering the lives of Nigerians with this stupid policy of keeping the airspace open at this critical time.

dey their de complain, no go find poly bag for yourself and family as if Nigeria get government. Men are busy strategizing their 4yrs game in Abj, you're here talking about convid-19, them care?
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by Ryocaj(m): 3:20pm On Mar 17, 2020
Europe Don close border.. Buharrriiiiiiii close border.. someone should say it in Fulfude do that he can understand.. such an airhead
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by tonididdy(m): 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2020
backnbeta:

Boyfriend ke? Loved ones for me are my children, husband, mum, parents-in-law and siblings...one of them I'm expecting undecided
They can all wait for your own safety and the safety of your "loved ones"

Shalom.
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by alezzy13: 3:27pm On Mar 17, 2020
Savvyspns:
How many people honestly self isolate upon arrival in Nigeria? My sister's colleague returned from the US on Saturday and she resumed work on Monday. She refused to self isolate saying she was indoors while in America.

With due respect to her, That's highly irresponsible if not downright callous of her. She may have the wherewithal to treat herself is she falls ill but what of the those she come in contact with??

There should be a mechanism of reporting such people. angry
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by alezzy13: 3:33pm On Mar 17, 2020
At the very least this government should have come up with a policy of self quarantine once one arrives from an epidermic country.

Of course not everyone will obey, but it shows seriousness that gives the right to miss work for a couple of days.

As it is now it will be difficult to do absent oneself just like that.
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by alezzy13: 3:37pm On Mar 17, 2020
And then of course, those of una wey just dey arrive from such country, PLEASE AND PLEAAAAASSEEE, try and be reasonable and responsible. ABEG isolate yourself.

You know you have been exposed and could likely be harboring the virus, yet you go around and start interaction. Isn't that just a tad callous??

Pls let's be our brothers keeper.
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by jeromedee: 3:57pm On Mar 17, 2020
thinkmoney:

u are an ode oh. if everything burst now and u are lucky to be unaffected, don't u have families that may not get lucky?
mental people everywhere. Do urself a favor, quarantine ur phone for a month! u don't deserve one now
Your uncle is an ode. Tell him i said so.
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by jeromedee: 3:58pm On Mar 17, 2020
Arijude:
and who are you? Cow urine sucker from the desert disease ravaged north
Another Nyanmiri pouring spittle cheesy
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by chigoizie7(m): 3:59pm On Mar 17, 2020
Angelfrost:

Testing passengers doesn't stop the spread sir (I believe they have been doing that for weeks now)...

An asymptomatic passenger will pass the airport test easily, which is probably what happened with this 3rd case... This happens every where across the universe. Really no need singling out your country for scorn.

As for closing of borders (I sense you mean shutting down flights into the nation)... Do you and your ilk know what will happen to this nation's imports dependent economy in just a week??! Or even less??!... Something's are easier to type on social media than do in reality.

Do you know what will happen to this nation if there is a major outbreak of corona virus?

More advanced nations are closing and cancelling flights in and out of their countries in other to contain the virus. Nations with enough resources and good health care systems are doing anything humanly possible to ameliorate the situations.

And you are here telling me trash, it is people like you that shouldn’t be tying trash on social media.

Economies that are purely dependent on tourism are closing their boarders and cancelling all major events just to stop the widespread of this pandemic shit.

What has Nigeria got to loose that is more important than allowing its citizens to be prone to a virus that is ravaging the entire world?

Get sense my brother, common sense is not common after all.
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by yeman1(m): 4:02pm On Mar 17, 2020
WITH WHAT FG IS TRYING TO DO IS THAT, THEY WANT OUR CASE TO BE MORE WORST THAN CHINA...THAT'S THEIR PLAN AND THEY DON'T KNOW THAY THEY ARE NOT SAVE AS WELL.
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 17, 2020
NgwalandAbia:
here we go again tell me why God won't punish buhari and his useless health minister and moronic servitudes from West Side who voted for this clown

Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 4:23pm On Mar 17, 2020
chigoizie7:

Do you know what will happen to this nation if there is a major outbreak of corona virus?

More advanced nations are closing and cancelling flights in and out of their countries in other to contain the virus. Nations with enough resources and good health care systems are doing anything humanly possible to ameliorate the situations.

And you are here telling me trash, it is people like you that shouldn’t be tying trash on social media.

Economies that are purely dependent on tourism are closing their boarders and cancelling all major events just to stop the widespread of this pandemic shit.

What has Nigeria got to loose that is more important than allowing its citizens to be prone to a virus that is ravaging the entire world?

That parts in bold are part of the very reasons I find the intelligence and mental state of the average Nigerian youth on this forum quite wanting in more ways than one...

I put up a submission devoid of acrimony, and you went all personal to the point of insults... Seriously now, is this how y'all debate or carry on banter offline??! You seriously need lessons in courtesy.

Now, to your response... Your points are valid, and I don't disagree... However, the economical implications and realities of what is actually "ideal" are not as simplistic as you might think. I believe those at the helm of these affairs took all these into cognizance, and chose the Devil over the Deep Perilous Blue Sea...

Mind you, we are not talking a mere national isolation of a day or two... We are talking likely weeks!!! What happens within those weeks state by state, and nationally??!...

Most nations self-isolating have been preparing, and have what it takes... Do we have what it takes??! Have we been preparing??! Are we prepared??!...

1 Like

Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by quickly: 4:30pm On Mar 17, 2020
chigoizie7:

Don’t mind them this covid 19 is more dangerous than Ebola because it’s more contagious.

Covid 19 is thrashing G7 countries health care.”, Nigeria with its 3rd wold health care is forming chest.

2 weeks ago US had 1/2 ppl who brought it from Europe and China.

Now newyork has been shut down.
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by Litmus: 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2020
EmekaBlue:
nigeria is not as hot as uae but d black gene is different from uae people.

Perhaps it’s the Youth factor. Nigeria like many African nations has a very youthful population. The median age in Nigeria is 18.1 years.
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by quickly: 4:33pm On Mar 17, 2020
Angelfrost:

That parts in bold are part of the very reasons I find the intelligence and mental state of the average Nigerian youth on this forum quite wanting in more ways than one...

I put up a submission devoid of acrimony, and you went all personal to the point of insults... Seriously now, is this how y'all debate or carry on banter offline??! You seriously need lessons in courtesy.

Now, to your response... Your points are valid, and I don't disagree... However, the economical implications and realities of what is actually "ideal" are not as simplistic as you might think. I believe those at the helm of these affairs took all these into cognizance, and chose the Devil over the Deep Perilous Blue Sea...

Mind you, we are not talking a mere national isolation of a day or two... We are talking likely weeks!!! What happens within those weeks state by state, and nationally??!...

Most nations self-isolating have been preparing, and have what it takes... Do we have what it takes??! Have we been preparing??! Are we prepared??!...

They didn’t say stop goods but stop people from carrying the virus from one continent to another.
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 4:41pm On Mar 17, 2020
quickly:

They didn’t say stop goods but stop people from carrying the virus from one continent to another.

Okay sir... I stand clarified!!!
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by Legendguru: 4:57pm On Mar 17, 2020
it is well
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by Soul47(m): 5:13pm On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

facts by a youtube channel, is that fact,

pls paste here a scientific study of the link between covid 19 and 5g

Lol

Scientific studies can't be conveyed through YouTube videos?

No Radioactivity
No environmental pollutions caused by 5g towers...

Ok na.

Believe the story that suits you Sister.

But stay away from 5G towers and areas of high frequency
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by alfsalami: 5:14pm On Mar 17, 2020
NgwalandAbia:
here we go again tell me why God won't punish buhari and his useless health minister and moronic servitudes from West Side who voted for this clown

People like makes more sense in silence
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by Ejiod(m): 5:16pm On Mar 17, 2020
chigoizie7:
Nawa ooh. All over the world, countries are closing boarders, testing passengers as they arrive. But those bastards at the airport knows nothing but to collect bribes.
When last did you visit the airport please
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by ridge: 5:23pm On Mar 17, 2020
Angelfrost:

Person way dey alive na him dey calculate economic implications, I wonder when our population is affected by say 50 million people if you will still have this opinion. Close the dam borders angry

1 Like

Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by chigoizie7(m): 5:28pm On Mar 17, 2020
Angelfrost:

In your words still. We are not prepared, yet you want us to open our doors for such pandemic?

How do you think we can tackle it if becomes worse?

In as much as we are not prepared for the economic implications, we still are not prepared for this virus and it’s consequences both economically and health wise.

When it first broke out in China, China with its economic influence, many people avoided China,people stopped going to China. It affected their economy and the health of its citizens.

If this virus hits naija, weda you like it or not, those people you think that you opened doors for will never enter because no one would want to be in such an environment just as no one wants to be in China.

Now answer me.

Is it better we allow this virus to hit us? It is going to hit us so hard because you do not have the resources to curtail the consequences. Which will automatically affect the nations economy on the long run. Here it will affect both our economy and the health of its citizens, it is going to be disastrous. Mind you, no body is going to send foreign aid to you. Every country is busy tackling their own problems.this is a 0/2 situation. That economy you are trying to protect will still be affected.

Or

Do you want the economy to suffer while the health of its citizens is preserved? This is a 1/2 situation.

The choice is yours.

2 Likes

Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by chigoizie7(m): 5:31pm On Mar 17, 2020
Ejiod:

When last did you visit the airport please

I haven’t been to the airport lately, as a matter of fact. I am not even in Nigeria. I do not live in Nigeria, but my family do.

You might want to tell me that the airport is empty. Why won’t it be empty when nations that matters closed their boarders already?

Majority countries are on lock down.

Put naija on lock down too.
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by Angrymode: 5:54pm On Mar 17, 2020
When I say Covid 19 is already in all 36 states and FCT and people are already dying from it, some morons here will be quoting me asking for hard facts.

Well, hard facts kill una there Na give me I give u we go soon de dance to on top this virus.
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by sexylassie2(f): 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2020
Soul47:

Lol

Scientific studies can't be conveyed through YouTube videos?

No Radioactivity
No environmental pollutions caused by 5g towers...

Ok na.

Believe the story that suits you Sister.

But stay away from 5G towers and areas of high frequency

Every scientist have come out to disprove your claim.

A conspiracy theorist on YouTube, who wants views so, that he can monitise it, is the one spreading this rumour

No scientific research paper to back up your claim
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by johnmattew: 6:28pm On Mar 17, 2020
gambia:

Exactly, she spoke with Morayo and co on the view show on TVC via phone conversation, severe measures ought to be in place to checkmate all those coming from abroad at this point.
tho,she said preventive measure at naija airport is far better than in uk
Re: Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos by largeman4u(m): 6:39pm On Mar 17, 2020
why is it so hard for naija to stop inflow from affected countries.

God almighty help us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

COVID-19: Our Hospitals Are Stretched, U.S Tells Citizens Leaving Nigeria / Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. / I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.