Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria (35305 Views)

COVID-19: Our Self-isolation Policy Has Failed – Osagie Ehanire / Coronavirus: Patient Escapes Isolation In Osun State / Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by olaszydaruma(m): 11:18pm On Mar 18, 2020
I hope we are not in trouble already
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by Lovelies1: 12:42am On Mar 19, 2020
foolbuster:

Oga keep the religious bulshit to yourself use your common sense and protect yourself. There are no less than 10 epidemic 10 times worse than corona virus that humans have survived. More will come and we will continue surviving.

all this God gave man instinct on how to cure them concerning Malaria, and the rest before this one but it sometime seem slow
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:38am On Mar 19, 2020
hhmmm

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by favour32(m): 3:58am On Mar 19, 2020
Orion01:
The fact that Buhari has not addressed the nation shows how incompetent he is. It is the minister of health we see all the time. The same attitude he showed towards the fulani herdsmen situation till It got worse. Other leaders of the world are reassuring their citizens and informing them about what they are doing. The dummy we have as president is playing silent game with us. The truth is, we dont have what it takes to manage this epidemic should it spiral out of control in Nigeria. Imagine washing your hands regularly and still caught the virus, somehow we are still going to touch something, forget to wash and then touch our face.
God help us
You sure say na real Buhari?
Dem never write and teach am wetin e go talk shocked
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by DCmonster: 7:54am On Mar 19, 2020
eni4real:
You were banned because of an Arab religion Legend??
Chai!!!!
Lol! I will rather worship a European God, why would I worship a smelly, camel urine drinking arabian devilish god? Arabs are inferior to africans. grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by sexylassie2(f): 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2020
NubaVertigo:

Caution has to be taken. I'm in the US; I'm going to be honest I caught it. It's no joke and is very strong. I had the shortness of breath, I've never had trouble breathing all my life, but all of a sudden my breathing was heavy and slow and it felt like I was only taking in about 25% of my normal Oxygen intake. I had to take lots of home remedies as they temporarily let the symptoms subside. Who knows how much of my breathing would have been eliminated otherwise. Someone with asthma = dead. I also had muscle pain around my body and intense chest pain in my chest. It started with a concentrated sore throat, and at some point I just started feeling phlegm drop down my throat. Luckily for me, I can connect to my job from home. At the end of January, I know someone who traveled from Hong Kong, and arrived with a nasty cough and was under bed rest. I attended an event in their apartment for about 3 hours. This is when the news had just broke out and only Wuhan's Hubei province was under quarantine so nobody thought much of it.. It's very serious, and even for those that will get past it, they will cause harm for others that are either old, have asthma, sickle cell anemia, etc etc... not to be taken lightly, it's not conspiracy, it's a real contagious virus. I understand where you're coming from where you are only hearing about it but can't see any results, but there is no doubt when you catch it

i believe you are lying

you got corona virus and used home remedies to reduce symptoms, you didnt even visit the doctor
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by sexylassie2(f): 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2020
salford:

I believe the virus has been in North America (Canada/US/Mexico) for a while Dec/Jan I think. The Chinese government kept it secret for a longtime. I am in Canada, and I had a similar experience but mine was shortlived (maybe in a space of 2 weeks). I had symptoms on maybe 4 to 7 days in between the two weeks. The symptoms were not consistent too so it makes it more confusing. Like heavy breathing on day 1, fever on day 3, sore throat on day 7. They dissapear quickly just as they came. The symptoms occured separately and not together. Told my wife and she thought I was hallucinating or something.

1st symptoms: I suddenly woke up from sleep around 2am-ish and found myself breathing heavily. If I was a sound sleeper, I probably won't even wake up or notice. I almost went back to sleep immediately and up till today, that experience was still strange to me. This was sometimes around late February.

symptoms 2: I had a few chills (like very mild fever) in between. Just for a night or two.

symptom 3: I later developed a sore throat few days after. I have rarely have a sore throat. The sore throat is now gone after I started gaggling with hot water.

Till date, I am still confused if it was just a cold or the covid. The fever was very mild, probably the mildest I have experienced, the sore throat wasn't terrible bad too. Just felt like someone was pulling my throat muscle. Never had the cough.

A work colleage came from Vegas sometimes on the 22 of February. could be her that brought the virus. No one knows. She was sick for a while too and are husband sick too. She felt all she had was a cold.

Interestingly, some people, wont even know they had it. They would just think they had a cold or a mild flu. It's when it gets into the body of the elderly or those with serious underlying condition that it causes issues.
Kids may hardly notice it and won't probably show symptoms.

stop your lies, you got corona, had sore throat, used hot water to reduce symptoms, you didnt self isolate, you didnt call the doctor or use the help line, pls stop posting lies to gain attention here.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 1:42pm On Mar 19, 2020
joshjc:
This post is not applicable to Nigerians, hungry go just finish you, light Mata self join am,

The federal government will takecare of u. U will not go hungry. Lol
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by burner44(m): 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2020
NubaVertigo:

Caution has to be taken. I'm in the US; I'm going to be honest I caught it. It's no joke and is very strong. I had the shortness of breath, I've never had trouble breathing all my life, but all of a sudden my breathing was heavy and slow and it felt like I was only taking in about 25% of my normal Oxygen intake. I had to take lots of home remedies as they temporarily let the symptoms subside. Who knows how much of my breathing would have been eliminated otherwise. Someone with asthma = dead. I also had muscle pain around my body and intense chest pain in my chest. It started with a concentrated sore throat, and at some point I just started feeling phlegm drop down my throat. Luckily for me, I can connect to my job from home. At the end of January, I know someone who traveled from Hong Kong, and arrived with a nasty cough and was under bed rest. I attended an event in their apartment for about 3 hours. This is when the news had just broke out and only Wuhan's Hubei province was under quarantine so nobody thought much of it.. It's very serious, and even for those that will get past it, they will cause harm for others that are either old, have asthma, sickle cell anemia, etc etc... not to be taken lightly, it's not conspiracy, it's a real contagious virus. I understand where you're coming from where you are only hearing about it but can't see any results, but there is no doubt when you catch it
Please share information on the home remedies you used as they can be helpful
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by egopersonified(f): 4:58pm On Mar 19, 2020
lalasticlala, I am thinking threads like this on how to isolate and how to keep safe should placed as a permanent first topic on front page. Just a suggestion, no need to reply.

People let's try to do what we know we can to help ourselves and others. We are on our own, no president will give anybody $1,000 in Nigeria.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by NubaVertigo(m): 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
eni4real:
How are you faring now??

fairing well.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by PropertyBuying(f): 4:24am On Mar 20, 2020
Sonnobax15:
grin I've be self-isolating myself since the out-break...
So dangerous is this cpvid-19 virus.

You may want check our signature and some of our posts

Thank you for the guidance.

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by wizkidblogger(f): 7:47am On Mar 20, 2020
You can download the pdf version of the self isolation guidance here.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by BigBashiru: 8:22am On Mar 20, 2020
Orion01:
The fact that Buhari has not addressed the nation shows how incompetent he is. It is the minister of health we see all the time. The same attitude he showed towards the fulani herdsmen situation till It got worse. Other leaders of the world are reassuring their citizens and informing them about what they are doing. The dummy we have as president is playing silent game with us. The truth is, we dont have what it takes to manage this epidemic should it spiral out of control in Nigeria. Imagine washing your hands regularly and still caught the virus, somehow we are still going to touch something, forget to wash and then touch our face.
God help us

What of local government chair persons?? Why can't they address their council's. The over 100 local government chair person's in Nigeria and the general public all waiting for president. And why can't State governors address their states?? Too much expectations from a president.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by RubitanLeanon: 8:51am On Mar 20, 2020
We are facing now a serious problem which is the transmission of coronavirus and this will lead to death if we are not going to fight for it. Since we are now onto it, we should follow what is needed to get away with coronavirus. Like isolating ourselves and follow the guidance that the government sector imposed. If this would help you while you are at home having your isolation [https://treeservicesgreensboronc.com} is there to help you clean your surroundings or otherwise if you need to relax at your pool but knowing it is not clean is right there for you.This will help you a lot.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by Chirowman(m): 6:04pm On Mar 21, 2020
if you have cold and catarrh enter hospital go cough your name na sorry everybody go run throwaway slippers
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by susy6999: 10:47pm On May 20, 2020
serious problem

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking Bad Eye Habits: 11 Bad Eye Habits You Need To Break Now / 5 Health Benefit Of Palmwine You Should Know / Tomcat: The Dreaded "Electric Ant"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.