Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,388 members, 7,861,067 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:57 PM

I Am Thinking About Buying A Salvage Car..what Should I Do Next? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Am Thinking About Buying A Salvage Car..what Should I Do Next? (643 Views)

Cars For Sale From USA Salvage Car Dealer, Import Car To Nigeria / Shopping For A Salvage Car Is Like Going On A Treasure Hunt. / Find Vehicles At Bargain Prices At Salvage Car Auctions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am Thinking About Buying A Salvage Car..what Should I Do Next? by ercmediacorp: 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2020
In general, cars are given a salvage title when they have been damaged beyond around 75% of the original value or otherwise deemed a total loss by the insurance company. But this does not always mean that a salvage car cannot be repaired economically. Some salvage vehicles haven't been in an accident at all. In some states, stolen and vandalized vehicles can be given this distinction as well. Never buy a salvage car when you do not completely understand what happened to the vehicle, because that can make a difference in how it stands up to your intended use of it. 
Know the Vehicle's Value 
Owning a vehicle with a salvage title is just a little different from owning one that comes with a clear title. No matter how many repairs have been completed, even if it is restored to like-new conditions, the resale value will always be lower than a vehicle without the salvage title in its track record. For many owners, this isn't an issue because the savings upfront more than make up for this. A salvage title is one that sticks to a vehicle forever. 
Get an Independent Inspection 
It's a great idea to have a second pair of eyes to take a look at the vehicle. An independent inspector can let you know what issues may come up over the life of your vehicle and give you piece of mind that the car is suited for your expectations. If you have a mechanic you trust, or even an insurance agent who can recommend someone from his or her company, you don't need to go to the trouble of seeking out an inspector. Have someone knowledgeable that you trust give the vehicle a close checkup and give it the go-ahead before move forward.
For the best deals on rebuildable cars contact one of our trusted dealers www.eliterebuildablecars.com
DM us for more details @ercmediacorp

(1) (Reply)

Used 2005 Toyota Camry / Extremely Clean 2008 Mercedes Benz ML-350 @ / Toyota Corolla 09 For Sale.. 2.2M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.