Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Meet The Only Chelsea Player That Didn't Receive A Red Card In His Whole Career. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet The Only Chelsea Player That Didn't Receive A Red Card In His Whole Career. (1948 Views)

Who Was The Best Player That Never Won The Ballon d'Or Award? / Gary Lineker: Player Who Never Received A Yellow Or A Red Card In His Career / Only Chelsea Cut My N25m....no One Should Call Me Chelsea Fan Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Only Chelsea Player That Didn't Receive A Red Card In His Whole Career. by Great100000: 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
The modern game can’t quite be imagined without the impact of red cards. Every player, once in a while, loses his temper and does something silly to get one. Therefore, it becomes very intriguing to see a player, all through his career not picking the matching order.

One of such few players to enjoy that space is former Chelsea midfielder Damian Duff.

Duff never picked up a red card in his career despite spending most of his career in the hustle and bustle of the Premier League. He plied his trade in the top division for 18 years and despite spending 14 of those years at clubs that weren’t really at the top, he never once was ejected from a match.

Duff played for the Blues between 2003 and 2006 winning two EPL titles. He also played 392 times for Chelsea, Blackburn, Newcastle and Fulham scoring 54 goals.

His disciplinary record, to not have been sent off as yet, is highly commendable. Similar players - pacey, explosive wingers - have ratcheted small mountains of red cards, due to their inability to control their emotions when fouled, or because of their inept defending. Duff would often be seen running up and down the pitch, working hard, covering every blade of grass and basically nobody would have ever blamed him if he got sent off, but Duff never succumbed. Infact, in his over 300 games in England, he was only booked 26 times.

No, he was different. Almost a saint compared to the uncouth bruisers he found himself in teams with.

Re: Meet The Only Chelsea Player That Didn't Receive A Red Card In His Whole Career. by Humphrizy(m): 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
The guy dey play football with his sense
Re: Meet The Only Chelsea Player That Didn't Receive A Red Card In His Whole Career. by chatinent: 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2020
Good records.
Re: Meet The Only Chelsea Player That Didn't Receive A Red Card In His Whole Career. by Totilopussylick(m): 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2020
Now that what I called gentleman
Re: Meet The Only Chelsea Player That Didn't Receive A Red Card In His Whole Career. by Great100000: 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2020
Humphrizy:
The guy dey play football with his sense
That was my favourite player then, i admire him so so so much then that people started calling me Damien Duff brother grin grin grin
Re: Meet The Only Chelsea Player That Didn't Receive A Red Card In His Whole Career. by ugwusunday(m): 9:28pm On Mar 18, 2020
That is commendable...
Re: Meet The Only Chelsea Player That Didn't Receive A Red Card In His Whole Career. by aristocratic5(m): 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2020
Duff the legend
Re: Meet The Only Chelsea Player That Didn't Receive A Red Card In His Whole Career. by cRobo: 9:55pm On Mar 18, 2020
How many goals did he score

I won't say a word
Re: Meet The Only Chelsea Player That Didn't Receive A Red Card In His Whole Career. by UnknownT: 10:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
Check up Gary Lineker first
Re: Meet The Only Chelsea Player That Didn't Receive A Red Card In His Whole Career. by Great100000: 6:02am On Mar 19, 2020
UnknownT:
Check up Gary Lineker first
I said Chelsea player
Re: Meet The Only Chelsea Player That Didn't Receive A Red Card In His Whole Career. by Kingdemi212019: 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2020
Opposite of our midfielder now,
One match one yellow card,
Name the Chelsea player if you know him...

(1) (Reply)

♦️Live 06:36am,,,Bet Steady Bet...... Let Make Some Money..Monday December 27 / I Need Sponsorship For My Bodybuilding / Powerlifting Career / 'I Smoke When I Want' Jeremy Mathieu Tells FC BARCELONA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.