Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible (2184 Views)

What Is Considered Sexually Immoral? / Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? / Is It Immoral For Christian Women To Wear Thong Underwear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by DEGENIUS2: 8:00am On Dec 25, 2010
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ
(In the name of ALLAH the most beneficent the most merciful)

IMMORAL LOVE MESSAGE IN THE BIBLE

This love oriented message is from the so called HOLY BIBLE

“I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes and cinnamon
Come let us take our fill of love till morning
Let us delight ourselves with love”
And a second
“Behold you are beautiful, my love
Behold you are beautiful
Your eyes are doves behind the veil
Your teeth are like a flock of shorn ewes
Your lips are like a scarlet thread and your mouth is lovely
Your cheeks are like halves of pomegranate
Your two bosoms are like two fawns
Twins of a gazelle that feed among lilies”

THIS VERSE ABOVE IS FROM THE BIBLE GOTO
NIGERIA CHRISTAINS! If someone texts these messages to your wife or female children, what would you say?
I THINK IT IS HIGH TIME U START QUESTIONING THE AUTHENTICITY OF THE BIBLE
it is moral decadence, absolute behavioral bankruptcy. You see, that is the reason we all need
TO START QUESTIONING THE AUTHENTICITY OF THE BIBLE THAT CHRISTIAN BELIEVE IN AS THEIR SOURCE OF AUTHORITY
THE BIBLE IS ADULTERATED THAT IS WHY MANY CHRISTIANS ARE AT CONFUSED ABOUT DIFFERENT ISSUES IN CHRISTIANITY.
BECAUSE THIS VERSE IS SIMILAR TO WHAT YOU SEE IN LOVE MAGAZINE
impossible!
IF YOU WANT TO PROVE ME WRONG READ
proverbs 7:17-18 and Solomon 4:1-5
WATCH OUT FOR MORE EVIDENCE BASED POST CONTENT
FROM THE DESK OF ADELEKE MUHAMMED OLATOMIDE
PORT HARCOURT CITY,RIVERS STATE
08058179940, 07069555553
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by ibguy: 8:11am On Dec 25, 2010
shut up punk.is that d only verse u culd lay ur eyes on?guess u kno of one of d Prophet!s married an old woman cos of money &married another young enuf 2b his grand-daughter,a gal under ten.is that d quaranic definition of decency?wit al ur innocent killings,religous intolerance,coercing& misguided anger, me thinks ur religion is the best option.
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by Sirwalex: 8:21am On Dec 25, 2010
May Allah increase ur knowledge.
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by Sirwalex: 8:22am On Dec 25, 2010
May Allah increase ur knowledge.
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by ibguy: 8:24am On Dec 25, 2010
with al due respSW,NN, CHRISTIANITY TAUGHT ME THAT
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by Joagbaje(m): 8:28am On Dec 25, 2010
Its not an immoral message. $ex and romance are of God. He created them for enjoyment.

Genesis 4:1
1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

What do yo suppose "knew" means here
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by DEGENIUS2: 10:12am On Dec 25, 2010
BE RATIONAL
BUT THIS IS FROM THE BIBLE NOT THE HOLY QURAN
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by misterh(m): 10:21am On Dec 25, 2010
The Bible is said to be the word of GOD. Can these words be ascribed to HIM?
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 25, 2010
Joagbaje:

Its not an immoral message. $ex and romance are of God. He created them for enjoyment.

please elaborate. what kind of sex?
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by LagosShia: 12:50pm On Dec 25, 2010
ib guy:

shut up punk.is that d only verse u culd lay your eyes on?guess u kno of one of d Prophet!s married an old woman cos of money &married another young enuf 2b his grand-daughter,a gal under ten.is that d quaranic definition of decency?wit al your innocent killings,religous intolerance,coercing& misguided anger, me thinks your religion is the best option.

you're dreaming as usual.the Prophet never married Aisha when she was below 10.you keep repeating what you don know and you want to defend the explicit immorality of your bible where so called men of God committed ince$t.just shut-up!!!Aisha was no less than 15 and could have been up to 19 when she was given into marriage.

this your imagination has already being discussed and refuted.take note of the last part of post #5 in particular:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=53711.msg7170329#msg7170329
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by Joagbaje(m): 1:11pm On Dec 25, 2010
babaearly:

[b]
please elaborate. what kind of sex?

Male and female , or what do you mean? grin the immoral one is the same sex whatever
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by Sweetnecta: 11:53pm On Dec 25, 2010
@ib guy: This is from your Bible. It shows good morals from your point of view?

2 Samuel 13:12 "Don't, my brother!" she said to him. "Don't force me. Such a thing should not be done in Israel! Don't do this wicked thing.

I guess he did after so much appeal from the the poor woman.
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by aletheia(m): 1:02am On Dec 26, 2010
@OP: grin Na only those verses you see. E be like say you no read am well.

At least you agree that it is a love-oriented message---
DE GENIUS:

This love oriented message is from the so called HOLY BIBLE
your god al-ilah never tells you he loves you. . .so you de jealous the ones wey know say God love them.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
(Titus 1:15)

Here is some more from the Song of songs. Enjoy:

The song of songs, which is Solomon's.
Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.
Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee.
Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.
I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.
Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.
Tell me, O thou whom my soul loveth, where thou feedest, where thou makest thy flock to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?
If thou know not, O thou fairest among women, go thy way forth by the footsteps of the flock, and feed thy kids beside the shepherds' tents.
I have compared thee, O my love, to a company of horses in Pharaoh's chariots.
Thy cheeks are comely with rows of jewels, thy neck with chains of gold.
We will make thee borders of gold with studs of silver.
While the king sitteth at his table, my spikenard sendeth forth the smell thereof.
A bundle of myrrh is my wellbeloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.
My beloved is unto me as a cluster of camphire in the vineyards of Engedi.
Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.
Behold, thou art fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant: also our bed is green.
The beams of our house are cedar, and our rafters of fir.
(Song of Solomon 1:1-17)

I can post more if you want.
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by Zhulfiqar1: 2:34am On Dec 26, 2010
what the bible teaches?take a look:

a.) see the biblical God punishment for sin: Ra.pe(compelling another man to have his wives slept with by someone close), Child Killing, and God's "Forgiveness"

2 Samuel 12:11-14

11 “This is what the LORD says: ‘Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight. 12 You did it in secret, but I will do this thing in broad daylight before all Israel.’”

13 Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the LORD.”

Nathan replied, “The LORD has taken away your sin. You are not going to die. 14 But because by doing this you have shown utter contempt for[a] the LORD, the son born to you will die.”

b.)brother ra.pes sister

2 Samuel 13
Amnon and Tamar
1 In the course of time, Amnon son of David fell in love with Tamar, the beautiful sister of Absalom son of David.
2 Amnon became so obsessed with his sister Tamar that he made himself ill. She was a virgin, and it seemed impossible for him to do anything to her.

3 Now Amnon had an adviser named Jonadab son of Shimeah, David’s brother. Jonadab was a very shrewd man. 4 He asked Amnon, “Why do you, the king’s son, look so haggard morning after morning? Won’t you tell me?”

Amnon said to him, “I’m in love with Tamar, my brother Absalom’s sister.”

5 “Go to bed and pretend to be ill,” Jonadab said. “When your father comes to see you, say to him, ‘I would like my sister Tamar to come and give me something to eat. Let her prepare the food in my sight so I may watch her and then eat it from her hand.’”

6 So Amnon lay down and pretended to be ill. When the king came to see him, Amnon said to him, “I would like my sister Tamar to come and make some special bread in my sight, so I may eat from her hand.”

7 David sent word to Tamar at the palace: “Go to the house of your brother Amnon and prepare some food for him.” 8 So Tamar went to the house of her brother Amnon, who was lying down. She took some dough, kneaded it, made the bread in his sight and baked it. 9 Then she took the pan and served him the bread, but he refused to eat.

“Send everyone out of here,” Amnon said. So everyone left him. 10 Then Amnon said to Tamar, “Bring the food here into my bedroom so I may eat from your hand.” And Tamar took the bread she had prepared and brought it to her brother Amnon in his bedroom. 11 But when she took it to him to eat, he grabbed her and said, “Come to bed with me, my sister.”

12 “No, my brother!” she said to him. “Don’t force me! Such a thing should not be done in Israel! Don’t do this wicked thing. 13 What about me? Where could I get rid of my disgrace? And what about you? You would be like one of the wicked fools in Israel. Please speak to the king; he will not keep me from being married to you.” 14 But he refused to listen to her, and since he was stronger than she, he r.aped her.

c.)Judah,the "man of God" and ancestor of the christian lord Jesus,procreated through wh*redom and ince$t and then hypocritical asked for the harl*t to be burnt but he was exposed with what he had given her!

Genesis 38:24-27

24 About three months later Judah was told, “Your daughter-in-law Tamar is guilty of prostitution, and as a result she is now pregnant.”

Judah said, “Bring her out and have her burned to death!”

25 As she was being brought out, she sent a message to her father-in-law. “I am pregnant by the man who owns these,” she said. And she added, “See if you recognize whose seal and cord and staff these are.”

26 Judah recognized them and said, “She is more righteous than I, since I wouldn’t give her to my son Shelah.” And he did not sleep with her again.

27 When the time came for her to give birth, there were twin boys in her womb.

d.)son ra.pes all of his father's wives en masse

2 Samuel 16:22
22 So they pitched a tent for Absalom on the roof, and he slept with his father’s concubines in the sight of all Israel.

QUESTION:WHAT IS THE BIBLE TEACHING PEOPLE?
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by tpia1: 3:11am On Dec 26, 2010
here we go again.
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by Sweetnecta: 3:07pm On Dec 26, 2010
^^^^^^ enjoy the ride.
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by seyibrown(f): 1:51am On Dec 27, 2010
Quoted from https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=573644.msg7409325#msg7409325

[b]The OP EMPLOYS THE VERY DECEPTIVE TACTICS OF ISLAM: Maniuplation, Misrepresentations and outright lies!

I present Songs of Solomon Chapter 4. If you check verses 8, 9, 10 and 11, you will find out WHO THESE LOVERS ARE: The woman is the BRIDE, the Man singer/writer refers to her as MY BRIDE and he must therefore be HER GROOM!

Song of Solomon 4:8-11 (New Living Translation)

8 Come with me from Lebanon, my bride,
      come with me from Lebanon.
   Come down[a] from Mount Amana,
      from the peaks of Senir and Hermon,
   where the lions have their dens
      and leopards live among the hills.

9 You have captured my heart,
      my treasure,[b] my bride.
   You hold it hostage with one glance of your eyes,
      with a single jewel of your necklace.
10 Your love delights me,
      my treasure, my bride.
   Your love is better than wine,
      your perfume more fragrant than spices.
11 Your lips are as sweet as nectar, my bride.
      Honey and milk are under your tongue.
   Your clothes are scented
      like the cedars of Lebanon.

While the above scripture presents the romance between two people, It does so in the correct context; THAT OF A BRIDE AND GROOM!

God supports love/romance between a man and his wife; the Devil supports violence/subjugation on a wife by her husband!

1. MEN SHOULD LOVE THEIR WIVES ENOUGH TO SACRIFICE THEIR LIVES FOR THEM LIKE CHRIST DID FOR THE CHURCH

Ephesians 5:25-27 (New Living Translation)

25 For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her 26 to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word.[a] 27 He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault.

1. MEN SHOULD BEAT THEIR WIVES; 2. REFUSE TO SLEEP WITH THEM WHEN ANGRY WITH THEM: QURAN 4:34

Sahih International Version
Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

[/b]
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by seyibrown(f): 2:10am On Dec 27, 2010
Zhul-fiqar:

what the bible teaches?take a look:

a.) see the biblical God punishment for sin: Ra.pe(compelling another man to have his wives slept with by someone close), Child Killing, and God's "Forgiveness"

2 Samuel 12:11-14

11 “This is what the LORD says: ‘Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight. 12 You did it in secret, but I will do this thing in broad daylight before all Israel.’”

Nathan replied, “The LORD has taken away your sin. You are not going to die. 14 But because by doing this you have shown utter contempt for[a] the LORD, the son born to you will die.”

b.)brother ra.pes sister

2 Samuel 13
Amnon and Tamar
1 In the course of time, Amnon son of David fell in love with Tamar, the beautiful sister of Absalom son of David.
2 Amnon became so obsessed with his sister Tamar that he made himself ill. She was a virgin, and it seemed impossible for him to do anything to her.

3 Now Amnon had an adviser named Jonadab son of Shimeah, David’s brother. Jonadab was a very shrewd man. 4 He asked Amnon, “Why do you, the king’s son, look so haggard morning after morning? Won’t you tell me?”

Amnon said to him, “I’m in love with Tamar, my brother Absalom’s sister.”

5 “Go to bed and pretend to be ill,” Jonadab said. “When your father comes to see you, say to him, ‘I would like my sister Tamar to come and give me something to eat. Let her prepare the food in my sight so I may watch her and then eat it from her hand.’”

6 So Amnon lay down and pretended to be ill. When the king came to see him, Amnon said to him, “I would like my sister Tamar to come and make some special bread in my sight, so I may eat from her hand.”

7 David sent word to Tamar at the palace: “Go to the house of your brother Amnon and prepare some food for him.” 8 So Tamar went to the house of her brother Amnon, who was lying down. She took some dough, kneaded it, made the bread in his sight and baked it. 9 Then she took the pan and served him the bread, but he refused to eat.

“Send everyone out of here,” Amnon said. So everyone left him. 10 Then Amnon said to Tamar, “Bring the food here into my bedroom so I may eat from your hand.” And Tamar took the bread she had prepared and brought it to her brother Amnon in his bedroom. 11 But when she took it to him to eat, he grabbed her and said, “Come to bed with me, my sister.”

12 “No, my brother!” she said to him. “Don’t force me! Such a thing should not be done in Israel! Don’t do this wicked thing. 13 What about me? Where could I get rid of my disgrace? And what about you? You would be like one of the wicked fools in Israel. Please speak to the king; he will not keep me from being married to you.” 14 But he refused to listen to her, and since he was stronger than she, he r.aped her.

c.)Judah,the "man of God" and ancestor of the christian lord Jesus,procreated through wh*redom and ince$t and then hypocritical asked for the harl*t to be burnt but he was exposed with what he had given her!

Genesis 38:24-27

24 About three months later Judah was told, “Your daughter-in-law Tamar is guilty of prostitution, and as a result she is now pregnant.”

Judah said, “Bring her out and have her burned to death!”

25 As she was being brought out, she sent a message to her father-in-law. “I am pregnant by the man who owns these,” she said. And she added, “See if you recognize whose seal and cord and staff these are.”

26 Judah recognized them and said, “She is more righteous than I, since I wouldn’t give her to my son Shelah.” And he did not sleep with her again.

27 When the time came for her to give birth, there were twin boys in her womb.

d.)son ra.pes all of his father's wives en masse

2 Samuel 16:22
22 So they pitched a tent for Absalom on the roof, and he slept with his father’s concubines in the sight of all Israel.

QUESTION:WHAT IS THE BIBLE TEACHING PEOPLE?

[b]LagosShia,
You have shown me scriptures of RECORDS OF WHAT HAPPENED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT. You HAVE NOT SHOWN ME SCRIPTURES THAT TEACH that men should sleep with their daughters-in-law, Sons should despoil their fathers' wives in public view, or that Half-brothers should despoil half-sisters (or brother/sisters).

There are no such doctrines as you claim in Christianity. Christ never supported, did or preach these abominable acts! These actions of David, Absalom, Judah and Amnon are EXAMPLES OF HOW CHILDREN OF GOD ARE NOT TO BEHAVE! They were recorded by the leading of the Holy Spirit for our GUIDANCE, REPROOF and CORRECTION! We do not look unto David, Absalom, Judah, Amnon, Lot, Abraham but unto JESUS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH! We rely on God's word and His Spirit for our Guidance, and rightly so, as his arm redeemed us from sin and death (eternal death, not physical death as erroneously presented by the Imaam in the OP)!

I already corrected you at: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=573644.msg7409325#msg7409325
[/b]
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by seyibrown(f): 2:22am On Dec 27, 2010
BTW, if anything is immoral, It's Islam/Quran/Hadiths and Jannah preachers! The closest you are all gonna get to Jannah is any red-light district in the world. You could try Pattaya for starters; It's got food, alcohol, and boys and girl (and even she-boys) to service your 'Jannah longings'!
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by LagosShia: 10:23am On Dec 27, 2010
seyibrown:

[b]LagosShia,
You have shown me scriptures of RECORDS OF WHAT HAPPENED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT. You HAVE NOT SHOWN ME SCRIPTURES THAT TEACH that men should sleep with their daughters-in-law, Sons should despoil their fathers' wives in public view, or that Half-brothers should despoil half-sisters (or brother/sisters).

There are no such doctrines as you claim in Christianity. Christ never supported, did or preach these abominable acts! These actions of David, Absalom, Judah and Amnon are EXAMPLES OF HOW CHILDREN OF GOD ARE NOT TO BEHAVE! They were recorded by the leading of the Holy Spirit for our GUIDANCE, REPROOF and CORRECTION! We do not look unto David, Absalom, Judah, Amnon, Lot, Abraham but unto JESUS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH! We rely on God's word and His Spirit for our Guidance, and rightly so, as his arm redeemed us from sin and death (eternal death, not physical death as erroneously presented by the Imaam in the OP)!

I already corrected you at: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=573644.msg7409325#msg7409325
[/b]

i have replied you below in another thread post #19.i dont see why you came here to repeat the same assumptions:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-573644.0.html

seyibrown:

LagosShia,
You have shown me scriptures of RECORDS OF WHAT HAPPENED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT. You HAVE NOT SHOWN ME SCRIPTURES THAT TEACH that men, should sleep with their daughters-in-law, Sons should despoil their fathers' wives in public view, or that Half-brothers should despoil half-sisters (or brother/sisters).

These records of what happened is what you regard dearly and consider holy.those are the men of God you should love and regard high and even emulate as role models.are these records not in your "holy book",the bible?yes or no?or maybe it is time for you to do what you know best how to do-expunging!!!

If you do not learn from your very own scripture,are you going to learn from Romeo and Juliet or Harry Potter?its from your book that you read and learn.but regardless of that,my point is simply to point out the immorality in your bible.not by ordinary men but my your men of God.

Not only that,if you read the story of Judah,the ancestor of Jesus,your lord and savior,he committed adultery and ince$t and got two ba$tard children.these two children (Perez and Zerah),one of whom was the ancestor of Jesus according to bible genealogy.not only that,to show you the depth of immorality in the bible,God blessed those the incetuous children of Lot so much that when the God allowed the killing of the phillistines He told the israelites not to touch the ammonites,descendants of Ammon,who is a recorded incestuous child of Lot in the bible.what is this bible teaching us if not immorality?aren’t the ba$tards blessed by your God and in your bible?isnt that worth emulating?tell me!!!!

you can tell me all you want that you follow Jesus,but dont you feel ashamed that the ancestor of your lord and saviour is a recorded ba$tard (not in the Quran but) in the bible.is this (ba$tard)ancestor not blessed to have your lord and "saviour of humanity" as his descendant?are you not ashame?dont you feel like just shutting your mouth up and covering up your face or even burying it in the sand?

There are no such doctrines as you claim in Christianity. Christ never supported, did or preach these abominable acts! These actions of David, Absalom, Judah and Amnon are EXAMPLES OF HOW CHILDREN PF GOD ARE NOT TO BEHAVE! They were recorded by the leading of the Holy Spirit for our GUIDANCE, REPROOF and CORRECTION! We do not look unto David, Absalom, Judah, Amnon, Lot, Abraham but unto JESUS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH! We rely on God's word and His Spirit for our Guidance, and rightly so, as his arm redeemed us from sin and death (eternal death, not physical death as erroneously presented by the Imaam in the OP)!

My friend,what you need to understand is that these are recorded in your bible.doctrines are not simply taught from the blues.they are obtained from the bible.you regard all of these as “HOLY BIBLE.dont you?”you get your doctrines from the bible.this immoral doctrines are also found in your bible.doctrine is found in scripture.true or false?according to Paul here is what he says about scripture:

All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:(2timothy 3:16)

The question now is this:if God did not punish Judah for immorality (adultery and  ince$t) and not even a word of condemnation,if God did not punish Noah for drunkennes and ince$t (but Noah was the righteous man who built the ark and was saved from drowning) and if God did not punish Lot for ince$t,all in your bible,what are you telling me? which justice is this bible God talking about?he drowned those in Noah's time,and saved Noah,a drunkard and ince$t breeder from drowning.where does these scripture fall under Paul’s categorization?how do you know those acts are bad?please don’t give me the lame answer of “holy spirit teaches me”.

According to Ahmad Deedat,he said if something is not moral,then it is immoral.he said also if those scriptures are not profitable for doctrine,reproof,correction and righteousness then a fifth category must be added.he therefore labelled those scriptures as por.no.gra.phy.

Don’t blame us.the verse above also tells us that “all scripture is given by God”.did God also gave those shameful  immoral verses with no word of condemnation from Him?of what use?to show you that there were men that committed ince$t,adultery and ra.pe and yet they were blessed and favored by Him?that is the only conclusion one can think of.if your scripture blesses these immoral men who committed not minor sins but the most heinous crimes,then how do you know what is evil?if any man in our present world is to commit ince$t and ra.pe and decide to run for president,the entire world would shun him.but here we have in your bible,the divine king of israel and prophets of God doing those acts and going scot free.not only that,the bible tells us how blessed they were also!!!funny enough,in the case of David,God did not punish him,he killed his child as punishment and David was "forgiven".ridiculous!!!when your father goes about sleeping with ashewo (pro$titute),you will be killed,right?
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by LagosShia: 10:25am On Dec 27, 2010
seyibrown:

BTW, if anything is immoral, It's Islam/Quran/Hadiths and Jannah preachers! The closest you are all gonna get to Jannah is any red-light district in the world. You could try Pattaya for starters; It's got food, alcohol, and boys and girl (and even she-boys) to service your 'Jannah longings'!

you royal majesty!!!

dont be annoyed.take it easy and instead of getting angry show us evidence for the nonsense claims you make.like in this way:

David's Punishment -Adultery,Ra.pe, Baby Killing, and God's "Forgiveness" (2 Samuel 12:11-14)

2 Samuel 12:11-14 (New International Version, ©2010)

Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by GoodBoi1(m): 10:55am On Dec 27, 2010
Even if this argument continues from now till next 10 yrs, this guys won't change. They are close minded.
Well said @seyi
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by misterh(m): 11:08am On Dec 27, 2010
In the bible, prophets are accused of henious crimes such as rape, incest, murder & these people are to be reverred
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by misterh(m): 11:15am On Dec 27, 2010
can the love msgs in the songs of solomon be said to have directly come from god as the bible is said to be his word?
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by GoodBoi1(m): 11:33am On Dec 27, 2010
2 Timothy 3:16
Every scripture passage is inspired by God. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval.

What's wrong with a love messages sent between couples?
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by LagosShia: 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2010
Good Boi:

2 Timothy 3:16
Every scripture passage is inspired by God. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval.

What's wrong with a love messages sent between couples?

lets assume for argument's sake that nothing is wrong with the love message in the book of solomon that makes it sound like romeo and juliet or one cassanova poetry.have you not seen what is worse in the bible than the songs of solomon?what about the many other immoral stories some of which have being quoted in this thread?
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by aletheia(m): 12:14am On Dec 28, 2010
It is always sad seeing Muslim self-righteousness on display.
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by LagosShia: 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2010
aletheia:

It is always sad seeing Muslim self-righteousness on display.

shshshshshshs, lol
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by seyibrown(f): 11:05pm On Dec 28, 2010
@ LagosShia

All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousnesssad2timothy 3:16)

The bolded of the scripture above which you quoted earlier is where exactly your answer lies! David's adultery was [b]punished, Solomon's adultery and idolatry was punished, Amnon did not go scot free, Lot' daughters' act did not end well. Israel was punished when it erred before God. We all get rewarded for what we do in one way or the other, good or bad. We cannot punish others for sinning against God, lest we bring upon ourselves the kind of Judgement we meted out to that person on ourselves for our own sin; It is for God to punish them! We know what the people you condemn above did and we know it is WRONG! The scripture that records it is 'reproof, correction and instruction for righteousness' for us. Those MEN WHO SINNED ARE EXAMPLES FOR US NOT TO SIN! YOU SHOULD REALISE THAT WE HAVE NO CHRISTIAN LAW THAT SAYS CHRISTIANS SHOULD COMMIT ADULTERY, MURDER, R/A?*P~~*E, In*c*&est, IDOLATRY, pae*"do?phi""ia* etc.

You will find that the christians are rather taught to follow Laws along these lines:

[b]Galatians 5:16-28 (New Living Translation)

Living by the Spirit’s Power
16 So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. 17 The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. 18 But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses.
19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. 25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. 26 Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.

NOBODY WHO SAYS THEY FOLLOW CHRIST CAN POINT TO ANY JUSTIFICATION IN THE 'TEACHINGS OF CHRIST' TO COMMIT THE KIND OF SINS YOU POINT OUT. THERE IS NO CHRISTIAN LAW THAT ALLOW THeSE ABOMINABLE ACTS TO BE PERFORMED.[/b]

Solomon's song as quoted by the OP is portrayed as what it is not, to confuse people who do not know better. It is a love song between a groom and his bride who have a right to enjoy romance and se/xu-a*l relations! It is for people who have reached the age of maturity and understand what marriage, romance and jiggyjiggy are about. GOD IS INTERESTED IN EVERY ASPECT OF OUR LIVES, AND THAT INCLUDES OUR SSEEXX LIVES. We will give account of what we did we the 'thingies' he gave us! Such ridiculous interpretations as given by the OP only bring an intelligent reader to question the writer's sanity and the worthiness of his cause. [/b]
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by aletheia(m): 12:08am On Dec 29, 2010
seyibrown:

GOD IS INTERESTED IN EVERY ASPECT OF OUR LIVES, AND THAT INCLUDES OUR SSEEXX LIVES.

My sister, didn't you know that there are two angels following Muslims around with account ledgers and recording their good and bad deeds except when they are having intercourse or on the potty? It is therefore to be assumed that there is no record of anything done while having intercourse or on the potty.
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by Sweetnecta: 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2010
@Seyibrown: « #28 on: Yesterday at 11:05:38 PM »
[Quote]@ LagosShia
All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousnesssad2timothy 3:16)

The bold of the scripture above which you quoted earlier is where exactly your answer lies! David's adultery was punished, Solomon's adultery and idolatry was punished, Amnon did not go scoot free, Lot' daughters' act did not end well. Israel was punished when it erred before God. We all get rewarded for what we do in one way or the other, good or bad. [b]We cannot punish others for sinning against God, lest we bring upon ourselves the kind of Judgment we meted out to that person on ourselves for our own sin; It is for God to punish them! We know what the people you condemn above did and we know it is WRONG! The scripture that records it is 'reproof, correction and instruction for righteousness' for us. Those MEN WHO SINNED ARE EXAMPLES FOR US NOT TO SIN! YOU SHOULD REALIZE THAT WE HAVE NO CHRISTIAN LAW THAT SAYS CHRISTIANS SHOULD COMMIT ADULTERY, MURDER, R/A?*P~~*E, In*c*&est, IDOLATRY, pae*"do?phi""ia* etc.[/Quote]I cant but wonder that if it is not just that man do the bold, is it just for God to do the same? God is the Best in All Good Qualities and the Only One Who is Just. Can God be involved in unjust or act of injustice as you stated that it is even injustice for man to punish another man for sinning against God? Should God not punish the one who is guilty, instead of the one who is innocent?

And I try to stay away from the blames that you haul on David and Solomon, two noble men, while you take it that Lot drank and was raped by his daughters. Were there no men in Iraq where they came from, or Canaan where Uncle Abraham was with some people; the original canaanites? If the daughters had lived in a community of homosexuals till then without having sex, they could have held on for a month or two trekking to either of these places. Finally, on the idolatry thing, is that not where we will find the "moon-god" statue? Ah. I t was Palestine, where Jerusalem of David and Solomon and Ammon resided. Alhamdulillah, the idols were destroyed by Muslims when they reclaimed Makka. I remember when the giant Buhhdah was "imploded" in Afghanistan. If they could have toppled it as the Muslims (AS and RA) toppled them in Kaabah, the end result would have been the same; no idol is permissible to stand.

[Quote]You will find that the christians are rather taught to follow Laws along these lines:

Galatians 5:16-28 (New Living Translation)

Living by the Spirit’s Power
16 So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. 17 The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. 18 But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses.
19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. 25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. 26 Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.

NOBODY WHO SAYS THEY FOLLOW CHRIST CAN POINT TO ANY JUSTIFICATION IN THE 'TEACHINGS OF CHRIST' TO COMMIT THE KIND OF SINS YOU POINT OUT. THERE IS NO CHRISTIAN LAW THAT ALLOW THeSE ABOMINABLE ACTS TO BE PERFORMED.[/Quote]Tell me if Jesus of the Bible had anything to do with Galatians, above? I am asking this question because it was not recorded that he preached to the galatians, unless they are the lost sheep of Israel, just like the Yoruba christians or the whole of african christians are? He came to Yoruba land or he sent letter to them, or the igbo people left him because they didnt want to be around him so they migrated to Igboland, or what exactly?

[Quote]Solomon's song as quoted by the OP is portrayed as what it is not, to confuse people who do not know better. It is a love song between a groom and his bride who have a right to enjoy romance and se/xu-a*l relations! It is for people who have reached the age of maturity and understand what marriage, romance and jiggyjiggy are about. GOD IS INTERESTED IN EVERY ASPECT OF OUR LIVES, AND THAT INCLUDES OUR SSEEXX LIVES. We will give account of what we did we the 'thingies' he gave us! Such ridiculous interpretations as given by the OP only bring an intelligent reader to question the writer's sanity and the worthiness of his cause. [/b][/Quote]Seyi, you are a mother, at least sometime in the future. If your 14 years old 5 ft 11 inches daughter says mom, this is the text that I receive from the High School soccer team captain or a 19 year old University Junior and it is that song of Solomon. What will you do with your daughter in terms of the content? Is there an advise of caution against the boy, or you just tell her, sweetie carry on? Seyi, if you dont want goats to be nibbling at the precious yam that you keep in the storage to be perfectly seasoned so that it has a good price tag on it, the door of the barn is kept locked and repairs are constantly made on the barn, checking up on the yam, to be sure it preserved just right, coming along as you hope? I will not let my boy send that text to any woman, except his wife. And I will be upset if my young daughter receives something like that. That part ought to be banned. Oh am sorry, its the word of Christian God. Or should we blame the Jewish God in this case? Oluwaseyi, you need to jump over to the other side where you can keep your husband, and avoid such a text, keeping the whole revelation; the Quran.
Re: Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible by seyibrown(f): 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2010
I cant but wonder that if it is not just that man do the bold, is it just for God to do the same? God is the Best in All Good Qualities and the Only One Who is Just. Can God be involved in unjust or act of injustice as you stated that it is even injustice for man to punish another man for sinning against God? Should God not punish the one who is guilty, instead of the one who is innocent?

So if someone r/a"p*e_s your wife and goes scot free because of a corrupt Judicial system, and you cannot or chose not to repay the evil man, you do not expect God to give you and your wife justice? That you do not or can not get justice for yourself does not stop God from giving you Justice. It is not Just for a man to take a life HE DID NOT CREATE; That is where man is different from God. Man is accountable to God; God is not accountable to Man. My earlier post which you talk about explains that Man is right to punish transgression of the LAWS OF THE LAND; It is for God to punish THOSE WHO TRANSGRESS HIS OWN LAWS. A man who kills another man for committing adultery has himself sinned against God by committing murder. A man who puts a man who commits burglary in jail has given justice to the one who the crime was committed against and protected the rest of society from the criminal without making himself accountable for murder before God.

And I try to stay away from the blames that you haul on David and Solomon, two noble men, while you take it that Lot drank and was violated by his daughters. Were there no men in Iraq where they came from, or Canaan where Uncle Abraham was with some people; the original canaanites? If the daughters had lived in a community of homosexuals till then without having sex, they could have held on for a month or two trekking to either of these places. Finally, on the idolatry thing, is that not where we will find the "moon-god" statue? Ah. I t was Palestine, where Jerusalem of David and Solomon and Ammon resided. Alhamdulillah, the idols were destroyed by Muslims when they reclaimed Makka. I remember when the giant Buhhdah was "imploded" in Afghanistan. If they could have toppled it as the Muslims (AS and RA) toppled them in Kaabah, the end result would have been the same; no idol is permissible to stand.

I am sorry that I, unlike you, do not shy away from telling the truth. The Bible tells me that David committed Adultery and Murder, and David himself wrote a psalm as a result of this matter. Solomon though he built the temple, his heart was turned away from God by his many women. Christians do not deny that these men were what the Bible says they were. We learn from their misdeeds. I do not heap blame on them for doing anything they did because it is between them and God. They had a relationship with God and knew what was expected of them. They fell foul of the Law of God, not my Law.

Tell me if Jesus of the Bible had anything to do with Galatians, above? I am asking this question because it was not recorded that he preached to the galatians, unless they are the lost sheep of Israel, just like the Yoruba christians or the whole of african christians are? He came to Yoruba land or he sent letter to them, or the igbo people left him because they didnt want to be around him so they migrated to Igboland, or what exactly?

Jesus HAD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT! The letter of Paul to the Galatians was on their CHRISTian lives! Paul was filled with the Holy Spirit that JESUS PROMISED. He wrote through inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Everything Paul wrote DOES NOT FALL FOUL of what Jesus taught or The Ten Commandments. Who told you there were no Israelites in Galatia? The Israelites were scattered abroad and many of them still are today! Many people are Israelites and do not know it! Jesus told his disciples to go and preach to the whole world! JESUS IS THE LAMB OF GOD THAT TAKES AWAY THE SIN OF THE WORLD! Those who wish to keep their sin can keep it; there is no compulsion, it is necessary for your salvation!

Mark 16:15 (King James Version)

15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

The gospel of Christ is preached to the WHOLE WORLD. Not just the Israelites!

Seyi, you are a mother, at least sometime in the future. If your 14 years old 5 ft 11 inches daughter says mom, this is the text that I receive from the High School soccer team captain or a 19 year old University Junior and it is that song of Solomon. What will you do with your daughter in terms of the content? Is there an advise of caution against the boy, or you just tell her, sweetie carry on? Seyi, if you dont want goats to be nibbling at the precious yam that you keep in the storage to be perfectly seasoned so that it has a good price tag on it, the door of the barn is kept locked and repairs are constantly made on the barn, checking up  on the yam, to be sure it preserved just right, coming along as you hope? I will not let my boy send that text to any woman, except his wife. And I will be upset if my young daughter receives something like that. That part ought to be banned. Oh am sorry, its the word of Christian God. Or should we blame the Jewish God in this case? Oluwaseyi, you need to jump over to the other side where you can keep your husband, and avoid such a text, keeping the whole revelation; the Quran.

[b]King Solomon DID not address that love song/letter to MY DAUGHTER or YOUR DAUGHTER but to HIS BRIDE! That book made it into Christian scripture because GOD WANTED IT TO BE THERE! THE BIBLE IS A COMPLETE MANUAL FOR LIVING!

You are complaining of a love letter between a groom and his bride; Need I remind you of the dozens the forced marriages/se*x/u?al relations that abound in Islamic scriptures, as recorded from the mouth of Aisha and co? Sorry, you DENY and FIGHT WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT THE VERY INTIMATE DETAILS CONTAINED IN ISLAMIC SCRIPTURES, blame Xtians for NOT DENYING THE SINS THAT WAS RECORDED OF DAVID, SOLOMON AND CO and have the nerve to scream fire on the mountain at a love letter?  angry

DROP THIS BURDEN OF RELIGION THAT YOU CLING ON TO, AND EMBRACE A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR FATHER AND YOUR CREATOR!

Matthew 11:25-30 (King James Version)

25At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

26Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

27All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE! grin[/b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Internet: Where Religions Come To Die / Traditional woshipper! What Is The Ifa Philosophy? / How Did Early Humans Migrate From The Middle East To Other Continents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.