Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,158 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Is Christmas Celebration Slowly Fading Out? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Christmas Celebration Slowly Fading Out? (651 Views)

My Housewarming And Birthday Celebration (pictures) / Is Christmas And Not Xmas . / Why Is Christmas Too Costly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Christmas Celebration Slowly Fading Out? by Blackteeth(m): 5:08pm On Dec 25, 2010
I just noticed that the way christmas was celebrated 15 years ago isn't the same way christmas is been celebrated presently. I think there has been a steady slow decline in interest and celebration over the years. 15 years ago when christmas approaches, you can always feel it in the air. The activities going on around will make you say yes this is christmas. But this present day christmas shows a big change and difference from those of the upper years. It just appears like an ordinary weekened day. I didn't send or recieve cards from anyone unlike the previous seasons. I didn't do any shopping. The radio stations didn't play much christmas hyms like before. Even the lips tearing harmattan of other seasons did not show up. What really happened?
Re: Is Christmas Celebration Slowly Fading Out? by pingpong1: 6:32pm On Dec 25, 2010
It was postponed this year.
Re: Is Christmas Celebration Slowly Fading Out? by aggymore: 8:30pm On Dec 25, 2010
This is exactly what I wanted to say. Is gradually fading out why?
Re: Is Christmas Celebration Slowly Fading Out? by iphy42: 9:29pm On Dec 25, 2010
Pple are beginning to realize that christmas is anti-christian.
Re: Is Christmas Celebration Slowly Fading Out? by ElRazur: 10:57pm On Dec 25, 2010
Blackteeth:

I just noticed that the way christmas was celebrated 15 years ago isn't the same way christmas is been celebrated presently. I think there has been a steady slow decline in interest and celebration over the years. 15 years ago when christmas approaches, you can always feel it in the air. The activities going on around will make you say yes this is christmas. But this present day christmas shows a big change and difference from those of the upper years. It just appears like an ordinary weekened day. I didn't send or recieve cards from anyone unlike the previous seasons. I didn't do any shopping. The radio stations didn't play much christmas hyms like before. Even the lips tearing harmattan of other seasons did not show up. What really happened?

I think you will find that the older you get the less these celebrations hold their value.

On contrast, it will be something memorable for someone who is young and possibly free of responsibilities.

iphy42:

Pple are beginning to realize that christmas is anti-christian.

It is not anti-Christian. There however elements that are not christain related. This do not make it anti-Christian.

Father Christmas have origin in what is essentially Christianity, so your statement is misleading.

(1) (Reply)

Knock Knock, Every Living Person Enter. / Why You Need To Forgive And How To Do It / Fairly Used Laptops For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.