Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

How Many People Have You Seen Wearing A Face Mask? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Many People Have You Seen Wearing A Face Mask? (608 Views)

COVID-19: Wear A Face-mask And Don't Kiss During Sex - Canada / Coronavirus: Prostitute Wears Face Mask (video) / Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many People Have You Seen Wearing A Face Mask? by Kylekent59: 10:53am On Mar 20, 2020
Just yesterday after work, I decided to do an observation by standing at a busy junction and monitoring commuters, passengers, citizens going from one place to another.

I found out that only 5% were putting on a face mask, while the remaining 95% doesn't care nor got bothered about the virus.

I decided to go into a canteen to get people opinions about the virus, but I had my mask on. So I got into this canteen, I ordered for Maltina, as the sales girl dropped it on the table, I told her I came to get information from people about COVID_19. She said to me that customers do talk about it, that some don't even care. So I started with her, and all she could tell me was that "it doesn't affect African blood."

I smiled and told her she's wrong that she got the wrong message about the virus.

I just told her some precautions to follow since she will always be attending to customers anytime she is at work. I also told her she could write it out on a carbon paper and paste so that people will be aware and follow precautions. Since I saw many posters on their wall about life, health and religious. Some useful precautions about COVID_19 should also be added on the wall also, so i say to myself.

A man walked in, got seated beside me. I thought to myself, this man looks friendly and fit to start a conversation with. I quickly brought out my phone, did as if I was reading a news, and I exclaimed, " damm!!! so this virus has entered Ekiti"

It caught everyone attention and the talk began, I was excited because I can now start telling them things about COVID_19.

One among the customers was making mockery of me because of my mask saying, " una just dey wear mask dey kill una sef"

I smiled and told him, not even only him, every customers who could hear my voice about the virus and its modes of transmission .

My advise to those who wears the face mask is this: Don't be shy wearing it out, you are doing it for your own good. You are being proactive and careful . When things gets out of hand, the people making mockery of you would later regret for not being proactive.

It is just like a person who knows there are flies around, but chooses to leave his mouth open. When one among the flies enters, it is a problem.

Now that you know there are flies around, why not shut your mouth now.

Share your observations......

CC: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Allow us hear from others.

3 Likes

Re: How Many People Have You Seen Wearing A Face Mask? by Babatunde40(m): 10:54am On Mar 20, 2020
in 9ja, Face mask only draws attention to yourself

1 Like

Re: How Many People Have You Seen Wearing A Face Mask? by MrBachelor: 11:03am On Mar 20, 2020
According to medical experts you are better off without the mask. The mask should only be worn if you are infected so as to avoid onward transmission of the virus.
Re: How Many People Have You Seen Wearing A Face Mask? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:05am On Mar 20, 2020
I will never wear that rubbish
Re: How Many People Have You Seen Wearing A Face Mask? by Sabicleaners: 11:14am On Mar 20, 2020
Nigeria need more sensitization about corona virus.
Some people are not even aware of the virus or how to prevent it. See how people are still coughing and sneezing into the air without covering their nose and mouth.

1 Like

Re: How Many People Have You Seen Wearing A Face Mask? by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 22, 2020
Nigerians take things for granted. They say it doesn't affect Africans, they say it doesn't survive in hot weather. They say they say, I'm tired of advising people when the time comes people will scream at you for not wearing a face mask.
Re: How Many People Have You Seen Wearing A Face Mask? by knowhowk: 12:58am On Mar 22, 2020
The virus could stay in the air at least for two hours ,Many lacks Good Hygiene ,Out there you see people coughing,Sneezing ,Spiting phlegm,Mucus into the air ,They don't care ,No nose covering ,What concerns some Malams about covering mouth . Lots of people in a crowded place are at risk ,Abeg it's your money buy nose and mouth cover and use it .It's your health , Your life . No one else.
Re: How Many People Have You Seen Wearing A Face Mask? by CanadaOrBust: 2:09am On Mar 22, 2020
MrBachelor:
According to medical experts you are better off without the mask. The mask should only be worn if you are infected so as to avoid onward transmission of the virus.

So why are ALL of China and Italy wearing it including healthcare workers?? Something doesn’t add up
Re: How Many People Have You Seen Wearing A Face Mask? by Chizuru01(m): 8:42am On Mar 22, 2020
Over here in Aba Abia State, They are saying that it can't affect people in Aba.

Common Hepatitis , They can stand and face talk of Corona
Re: How Many People Have You Seen Wearing A Face Mask? by 24krests: 10:28am On Mar 22, 2020
I'm in Ibadan
Right from this morning, I have vouch not to go it again without using facemask and hand glove... I'd rather not go outif I can't use them.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Use This As Hand Sanitizer (photo) / Check What Kaduna State Government Are Sharing As Palliatives / Good News! COVID-19 Cases Continue To Drop In Lagos – Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.