Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? (972 Views)

Coronavirus: What Is The Fate Of Nigerians Abroad? / Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? / Penis Bleaching Men Are Now Rushing To Hospitals To Bleach Their Private Parts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? by 9jatriot(m): 3:41pm On Mar 21, 2020
Before now you used to hear, "I am glad I left that shithole" and all manner of demeaning statements against their home country yet almost all the cases so far of the coronavirus have been Nigerians who returned from high risk countries.
The problem is that even if the government decides to close all flights, they will not be able to close it to her own citizens, so it behooves on those citizens to please stay where they are and stop remitting the corona virus home.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? by naijanaso: 3:46pm On Mar 21, 2020
The same home they rejected...no good road, no infrastructure, no this and no that, I can't just imagine myself living in that shit hole called Nigeria. All of a sudden it is a haven for them. They will not stay back there let us manage ourselves here. Are the roads good now? are there infrastructure?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 21, 2020
Relax. They want to come and die at home to be buried here. Nobody get bar to dey carry dead body come from outside.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? by zionema(m): 4:08pm On Mar 21, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? by otipoju(m): 4:15pm On Mar 21, 2020
Una dey like to deceive una sef sha.

Which Nigerians are rushing home when international flights have been banned.

Even if you fall sick, would you rather be in a hospital abroad than one in Nigeria.

You can ask Buhari.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? by Dollabommie(m): 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2020
I wonder why they are running home...they should let us enjoy our shithole country in peace instead of bringing this deadly disease...10 new cases confirmed....scared asf

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? by immaq8(f): 4:49pm On Mar 21, 2020
because 9ja they rejected has total cure for Corona Virus
Re: Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2020
9jatriot:
Before now you used to hear, "I am glad I left that shithole" and all manner of demeaning statements against their home country yet almost all the cases so far of the coronavirus have been Nigerians who returned from high risk countries.
The problem is that even if the government decides to close all flights, they will not be able to close it to her own citizens, so it behooves on those citizens to please stay where they are and stop remitting the corona virus home.

Nobody is running home.
Always, there are people leaving and returning. That's applicable to every country.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? by tonididdy(m): 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2020
Kids everywhere on NL.... Have you ever being to the airport. Have you seen people leaving and returning daily?

Nigeria na country... My guy travel and see.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? by 9jatriot(m): 11:49am On Mar 23, 2020
Another returnee. Guys, avoid any body that you know usually travels to those countries. They are all returning home in drones.

Former Managing Director of Pipelines and Products Marketing Company, a subsidiary of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Suleiman Achimugu, has died of Coronavirus.

Achimugu, who returned to Nigeria from the United Kingdom two weeks ago, started showing symptoms of the virus last Tuesday, according to findings by SaharaReporters.

He eventually died around 2:00am on Monday after coughing severely for most part of Sunday.

A family source told SaharaReporters that officials of the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control were informed of his situation and even took his blood sample for testing but they never got back to his family until he died overnight.

His blood sample tested positive for the virus.

“NCDC officials came to the house and took his blood specimen. Even though it tested positive, they never got back to us until he died at a hospital in Gwagwalada.

“We are all currently under quarantine in the house,” a family source told SaharaReporters on Monday.

It was also gathered that the NCDC will handle Achimugu’s burial so as to avoid a further spread of the virus.

Earlier on Monday, the NCDC announced that Nigeria now had a total number of 35 confirmed cases of Coronavirus.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? by googi: 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2020
It might be too late to run home but thank God Nigerians have a place to call home.

otipoju:
Una dey like to deceive una sef sha.

Which Nigerians are rushing home when international flights have been banned.

Even if you fall sick, would you rather be in a hospital abroad than one in Nigeria.

You can ask Buhari.

What you do not understand is that even in the so called civilized countries like United States, healthcare is not a right except in some North Eastern states.

Many people die without health care. Even when Obamacare was introduced free for some years, some states rejected it.

Old people die in Italy because young people get preference in view of Coronavirus. Their children cry as they watch their parents die like dogs.

So, who are you migrants?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? by otipoju(m): 1:25pm On Mar 23, 2020
googi:
It might be too late to run home but thank God Nigerians have a place to call home.

What you do not understand is that even in the so called civilized countries like United States, healthcare is not a right except in some North Eastern states.

Many people die without health care. Even when Obamacare was introduced free for some years, some states rejected it.

Old people die in Italy because young people get preference in view of Coronavirus. Their children cry as they watch their parents die like dogs.

So, who are you migrants?

In the USA, every human being has a right to be treated. Whether you have insurance or not.if you go to emergency, they will make every attempt to save your life first and stabilize you. You will get your bill and you will pay little by little if you dont have insurance.

I do not want to give personal examples and I dont argue without facts.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? by googi: 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2020
If you do not want to be insulted, avoid discussion on internet. But if you feel strongly about others, especially those misled every day on social media, roll with the insults.

Look at the statement below in view of the hot debate of Bernie Sanders fighting for health care as a right and the richest country in the world claiming they cannot afford it while spending more money per capita than less prosperous countries.

How does a reasonable person argue with the comment below?

otipoju:

In the USA, every human being has a right to be treated. Whether you have insurance or not. They will make every attempt to save your life first and stabilize you. You will get your bill and you will pay little by little if you dont have insurance.

I do not want to give personal examples and I dont argue without facts.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? by otipoju(m): 6:01pm On Mar 23, 2020
googi:
If you do not want to be insulted, avoid discussion on internet. But if you feel strongly about others, especially those misled every day on social media, roll with the insults.

Look at the statement below in view of the hot debate of Bernie Sanders fighting for health care as a right and the richest country in the world claiming they cannot afford it while spending more money per capita than less prosperous countries.

How does a reasonable person argue with the comment below?

What Sanders is arguing for is free health care which is currently not in USA. Health care is extremely expensive.

I spent one night in the hospital. I did not get one single medication but they drew blood every 3 hours and did two tests. I got a bill in the mail for $9,000 .

To be honest I dont get what you are driving at. Whether you support my statement or are against it.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? by 9jatriot(m): 6:08pm On Mar 23, 2020
Around 3 million naira equivalent. Hmmm
otipoju:

What Sanders is arguing for is free health care which is currently not in USA. Health care is extremely expensive.

I spent one night in the hospital. I did not get one single medication but they drew blood every 3 hours and did two tests. I got a bill in the mail for $9,000 .

To be honest I dont get what you are driving at. Whether you support my statement or are against it.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? by googi: 10:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
9jatriot:
Around 3 million naira equivalent. Hmmm

This is a good example of why we must be careful of what Nigerians tell us about US.

In the Norh Eastern part of US, you may get away without paying right then and there. This was how visiting grandmothers get free health care with fake name and address. The children would drop her and disappear until she is discharged.

In other parts of US, you will die first. Nigerians have forgotten the Africans that were not attended to during Ebola until it was too late, for lack of insurance. Well, that is what happens to poor white and black in the South.

Obama gave them free money to extend Medicaid and Medicare, they refused to take it. In the states that took Obamacare, many of them went for medical care first time in many years.

This guy beat the system and he sincerely believe all Americans can.

Now, they keep your records to take it out of your tax return money, use it to deny you legal resident or citizenship, put a lien on your house or salary or declare you a public charge to be thrown out.

With that bill for one day without medications, you can imagine why the poor avoid not only hospitals but college.

Even the medication you get depends on your insurance. Imagine if this guy needed a strong effective medication.

(1) (Reply)

Numbness Of Hand / How To Free Yourself When You Get Trapped In A Woman's Vagina During Sex. / Diabetes Mullitus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.