Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

USA Travel Ban From Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Travel Ban From Nigeria (1323 Views)

How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians / Travel Ban On Nigeria: Official US Statement / Trump Plans To Add Nigeria To US Travel Ban List - Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by Gent009: 8:51am On Mar 22, 2020
Hi Nairalanders,

A close contact of mine was today denied travel from Nigeria to USA at Nigeria Airport, stating at this time they only allow Citizens and Green Cards holders. As they deem the rest nonessential travel.

He's an F1 visa holder and only came back to Nigeria 2wks ago (Spring break) for some family emergency.

Has anyone been able to fly back to the US this past week or last week?

What has been your experience flying from Nigeria to USA this week? All information are needed please.

Thanks,
Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by justwise(m): 8:56am On Mar 22, 2020
Your friends lives in alternate universe, So he is unaware of the travel restrictions announced a week ago ?

4 Likes

Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by Gent009: 9:03am On Mar 22, 2020
justwise:
Your friends lives in alternate universe, So he is unaware of the travel restrictions announced a week ago ?

Can you explain further? I am only aware of UK, Ireland and Europe travel restrictions to the US.

Announced by who pls?

1 Like

Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by justwise(m): 9:15am On Mar 22, 2020
Gent009:

Can you explain further? I am only aware of UK, Ireland and Europe travel restrictions to the US.

Announced by who pls?

Honestly I'm surprised that you asked this question. Google traveling restrictions to US. You have more than enough information to pass to your friend.

2 Likes

Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by damon: 2:35pm On Mar 22, 2020
justwise:

Oga, if you don’t have anything to contribute, don’t say anything. Didn’t you see the part that said he came to Nigeria 2weeks ago? You are talking about travel restrictions of 1week ago.
Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by hammed71(m): 2:41pm On Mar 22, 2020
maybe he should try flying through Lome or kotoka airport in Accra ghana
Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by justwise(m): 3:30pm On Mar 22, 2020
damon:

Oga, if you don’t have anything to contribute, don’t say anything. Didn’t you see the part that said he came to Nigeria 2weeks ago? You are talking about travel restrictions of 1week ago.

Yes and he was in Nigeria when the restriction was announced and still want to travel? You see how clever you are?

4 Likes

Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by justwise(m): 3:32pm On Mar 22, 2020
hammed71:
maybe he should try flying through Lome or kotoka airport in Accra ghana

..and as a non-US citizen how will he enter the country?

1 Like

Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by engrelvis(m): 3:33pm On Mar 22, 2020
Gent009:
Hi Nairalanders,

A close contact of mine was today denied travel from Nigeria to USA at Nigeria Airport, stating at this time they only allow Citizens and Green Cards holders. As they deem the rest nonessential travel.

He's an F1 visa holder and only came back to Nigeria 2wks ago (Spring break) for some family emergency.

What has been your experience flying from Nigeria to USA this week? All information are needed please.

Thanks,
it will difficult for F1 visa holder to travel now.New rules r being laid out everyday because of d coranovirus .besides trump is very erratic. I won't advice anybody to travel from Us for now cause things can change quickly.
Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by damon: 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

Yes and he was in Nigeria when the restriction was announced and still want to travel? You see how clever you are?

Which news are you listening to sef? When did US announce travel restrictions from Nigeria? The problem you have is that you think you are smarter than you actually are.
Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by damon: 8:09pm On Mar 22, 2020
justwise:

Where did you hear that it’s only US citizens that are allowed into US?

1 Like

Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by justwise(m): 8:12pm On Mar 22, 2020
damon:

Which news are you listening to sef? When did US announce travel restrictions from Nigeria? [/b]The problem you have is that you think you are smarter than you actually are.

Gent009:
Hi Nairalanders,

A close contact of mine was today denied travel from Nigeria to USA at Nigeria Airport, [b]stating at this time they only allow Citizens and Green Cards holders. As they deem the rest nonessential travel.

Thanks,
Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by justwise(m): 8:23pm On Mar 22, 2020
damon:

Where did you hear that it’s only US citizens that are allowed into US?

Schools are closing down, visa cancelled, airport deserted, airlines laying off workers but still some smart Nigerians like yourself think that its ok to travel? What else do you need to hear before it gets into your head?

2 Likes

Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by Cityqueengirl(f): 9:10pm On Mar 22, 2020
justwise:

through air transportation. By plane
Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by Taal17: 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2020
The US issue travel restriction to all non-citizens weeks back.

Schools have closed down. By Monday there would no travel to the US whether you're citizen or not. They have already started send evacuation notices to citizens still in nigeria.

So no travel for F1 citizen, school will be online.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by damon: 12:54am On Mar 23, 2020
justwise:

Schools are closing down, visa cancelled, airport deserted, airlines laying off workers but still some smart Nigerians like yourself think that its ok to travel? What else do you need to hear before it gets into your head?

Let me juggle your memory a bit before you drag me into your ”world“. The post is about a guy who came into Nigeria 2weeks ago before countries began imposing travel restrictions, and his friend is here to make some findings for him. You could have kept quiet if you had no valuable information to give him. But instead you went ahead to blame the guy as if his trip to Nigeria was after the travel restrictions. Next time if you don’t have any valuable thing to say, just keep quiet. You don’t have to always comment. And btw, people are still traveling (US citizens or not). Unfortunately, his trip was classified as ”non-essential”, which I expect that you will know is a subjective terminology. You cannot blame him for trying to make the trip. Secondly, schools in the US are not on total shutdown as you are once again confidently declaring. They only moved classes, exams, etc. online. Lecturers and administrative staff are still going to work in the less affected cities. In some places, hostels are still opened to students. Lastly, I am sure if I look into your other apocalyptic claims, I might possibly find that they are another fiction of some self-acclaimed intelligent guy’s mind.

1 Like

Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by engrelvis(m): 7:06am On Mar 23, 2020
damon:

Let me juggle your memory a bit before you drag me into your ”world“. The post is about a guy who came into Nigeria 2weeks ago before countries began imposing travel restrictions, and his friend is here to make some findings for him. You could have kept quiet if you had no valuable information to give him. But instead you went ahead to blame the guy as if his trip to Nigeria was after the travel restrictions. Next time if you don’t have any valuable thing to say, just keep quiet. You don’t have to always comment. And btw, people are still traveling (US citizens or not). Unfortunately, his trip was classified as ”non-essential”, which I expect that you will know is a subjective terminology. You cannot blame him for trying to make the trip. Secondly, schools in the US are not on total shutdown as you are once again confidently declaring. They only moved classes, exams, etc. online. Lecturers and administrative staff are still going to work in the less affected cities. In some places, hostels are still opened to students. Lastly, I am sure if I look into your other apocalyptic claims, I might possibly find that they are another fiction of some self-acclaimed intelligent guy’s mind.
take it easy bro.Na coranovirus cause wahala
Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by justwise(m): 7:24am On Mar 23, 2020
damon:

If you are fortunate to be in my world you will be a lot smarter, nobody with a single brain cell travels outside Nigeria this time around. Around the world people are told to stay home, the situation in US is getting far worse than other countries but still you are here chatting dust. If people listen to instruction and stop unnecessary traveling the spread of this virus will be contained a lot quicker

Since you know better than everyone why was he not allowed to travel? Anybody who is foolish enough to head to airport at this time deserves to be beaten up and detained.

Common sense is really an expensive commodity

4 Likes

Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by damon: 3:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
justwise:

If you are fortunate to be in my world you will be a lot smarter, nobody with a single brain cell travels outside Nigeria this time around. Around the world people are told to stay home, the situation in US is getting far worse than other countries but still you are here chatting dust. If people listen to instruction and stop unnecessary traveling the spread of this virus will be contained a lot quicker

Since you know better than everyone why was he not allowed to travel? Anybody who is foolish enough to head to airport at this time deserves to be beaten up and detained.

Common sense is really an expensive commodity

justwise:

Peace, bro. You are smart�. I just didn’t think your first comment was sensitive enough to the guy’s plight. But it’s ok. I understand we are all trying to help.�
Re: USA Travel Ban From Nigeria by megastu(m): 1:54am On Mar 24, 2020
I really don't understand why some people would be traveling now. Some people are stranded already. Our airspace is closed already.

justwise:

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Fourshores Travel Agency / Notarization Of Gift Deed / Best Countries Where One Can Go To Gain Travel Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.