Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? (8755 Views)

Retrieve Lost CAC Documents Within 24hrs / How To Recover Lost CAC Documents For Limited By Shares Company / How To Get Lost Cac Business Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by elyonchee(f): 7:05pm On Mar 22, 2020
Certified True Copies are duplicates of the original copies of documents that are missing. It is stamped by the custody officer, as certified true copies. Certified true copies are admissible in court as evidence too.
Currently it is only certified true copies of certificate and memorandum of association/articles of association that can be retrieved for now.
Also status report, has replaced old CAC documents such as CAC 2, 3 and 7 for companies or CAC BN1for business names. So if you misplaced any of these and wish to retrieve them you have to file for status report.
For CTC of limited by shares company, ctc of business names you don't need to file annual returns to make applications for CTC. But when it comes to CTC of incorporated trustee, annual returns must be paid.

Sms or Whatsapp or call 08117409752
Or send an email to infofrankincenselegalservices@gmail.com or barristerchee2016@gmail.com
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by barrydee(m): 6:19am On Apr 05, 2020
elyonchee:
If you lost your incorporated documents in a fire or it was stolen you can tell a CAC accredited agent, to file for the certified true copies to be gotten from the file at CAC.
Requirements
For certificate and other documents.
Payment of filing fee
Duly completed application form

Nice one dear!
What if the company(Business name) was incorporated a long time ago and they can no longer find the company's file at CAC' state office of incorporation? What happens next?
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by elyonchee(f): 9:28am On Apr 05, 2020
barrydee:

Nice one dear!
What if the company(Business name) was incorporated a long time ago and they can no longer find the company's file at CAC' state office of incorporation? What happens next?
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by elyonchee(f): 10:09am On Apr 05, 2020
barrydee:

Nice one dear!
I inquired more on your question from a colleague and he said you have to furnish to apply and seek leave to open a temporary file. Then once they open, you can now apply for CTC. If you don't have the documents to open the file, then you may have to register a new business name.
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by barrydee(m): 12:17pm On Apr 05, 2020
elyonchee:
I inquired more on your question from a colleague and he said you have to furnish to apply and seek leave to open a temporary file. Then once they open, you can now apply for CTC. If you don't have the documents to open the file, then you may have to register a new business name.

Thanks dear & I must say you really know your oníon.
Apart from the old BN document, what other documents are required for them to open a temporary file?
I also heard I have to pay my annual returns since the year the company was incorporated till date + penalty which is N3,500 per annum. Would this payment be made before or after the temporary file is created.
I intend to apply for CHANGE OF DIRECTORS. Thanks .
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by elyonchee(f): 1:47pm On Apr 05, 2020
barrydee:

Apart from the old BN document, what other documents are required for them to open a temporary file?
I also heard I have to pay my annual returns since the year the company was incorporated till date + penalty which is N3,500 per annum. Would this payment be made before or after the temporary file is created.
wait change of directors is only for a registered company. What you intend to do is change of proprietor and not directors. Like I stated in my previous quote, I thought you were changing directors. Yes you have to pay annual returns. When was the business name registered. Note business name is different from company.
Let me check the regulations for requirements to change proprietor.
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by elyonchee(f): 1:48pm On Apr 05, 2020
barrydee:

All the documents that was incorporated will be needed.
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by barrydee(m): 2:00pm On Apr 05, 2020
elyonchee:
wait change of directors is only for a registered company. What you intend to do is change of proprietor and not directors. Like I stated in my previous quote, I thought you were changing directors. Yes you have to pay annual returns. When was the business name registered. Note business name is different from company.
Let me check the regulations for requirements to change proprietor.

Ok it's change of proprietors. It was incorporated in 1995.
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by elyonchee(f): 8:50am On Apr 06, 2020
barrydee:

Ok it's change of proprietors. It was incorporated in 1995.
this is an old BN. We may need to conduct a search on, unless you have all the documents with you. What is the BN number?
Meanwhile the annual return starts from a year after registration. What month was it registered?
1996-2019/2020.
3500 multiplied by 24 gives 84000.
Bank charges may be up to 800 naira for the amount paid.
Then the form cost 200 naira per year.
Other filing fee will come when you are ready.
But we may need to do a search on it first, except you have all the documents with you.
Good Morning
Endeavor to call or chat with me on Whatsapp 08117409752. You can send sms too.
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by strafist911: 1:28am On Apr 07, 2020
elyonchee:

This "Coro" is really affecting businesses Nationwide sha. Btwn, what is CTC ?
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by elyonchee(f): 10:23pm On Apr 07, 2020
strafist911:

This "Coro" is really affecting businesses Nationwide sha. Btwn, what is CTC ?
certified true copies
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by elyonchee(f): 7:45am On May 10, 2020
elyonchee:
If you lost your incorporated documents in a fire or it was stolen you can tell a CAC accredited agent, to file for the certified true copies to be gotten from the file at CAC.
Requirements
Payment of filing fee

Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by elyonchee(f): 2:37pm On May 13, 2020
Return of allotment is when the shares are reallotment to new or existing shareholders. A resolution must be done, share transfer and annual returns must be filed up to date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by elyonchee(f): 2:37pm On May 13, 2020
elyonchee:
Hello good afternoon potential clients.
I want to talk about re allotment of shares and filing of return of allotment aka CAC 2A. ABC company has five directors and they decide to remove three of the directors and leave only two. Then the company must file of return of allotment. Draft a special resolution where the directors being removed transfers their shares to existing directors, who are shareholders. Then draft a deed of share transfer. When filing, file the duly completed form of return of allotment, special resolution that contains the share transfer to existing directors, share transfer of each director leaving, then annual returns If the company is due to file.
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by elyonchee(f): 7:05am On May 21, 2020
elyonchee:
Requirements
Payment of filing fee

Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by smugmanuel(m): 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2020
elyonchee:
Requirements
Payment of filing fee
Are you an agent? I need to replace mine but don't know how.

Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by elyonchee(f): 2:08pm On Nov 22, 2020
[quote author=smugmanuel post=95514669][/quote] yes I am.
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by elyonchee(f): 4:02pm On Mar 06, 2021
elyonchee:
Certified True Copies are duplicates of the original copies of documents that are missing. It is stamped by the custody officer, as certified true copies. Certified true copies are admissible in court as evidence too.
You can apply for CTC of a certificate of incorporation or other documents, through an accredited agent. Where changes where made in the company and filed earlier, please note you must apply for those copies too. For instance, where directors where changed and CAC 7A was filed or a secretary was appointed and CAC 2.1 was filed or return on allotment CAC 2A was filed, note you must file for CTC of these forms.
Also note that CAC has made changes to these forms and from Monday, filings for changes to be made in your company or business name or IT(incorporated trustee),must be done with the new forms.

Sms or Whatsapp 08117409752 or 08139095734 for sms

Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by Lagosfinder(m): 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2021
elyonchee:

Please what fillings should a new business submit yearly to CAC?
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by elyonchee(f): 7:23pm On Mar 06, 2021
[quote author=Lagosfinder post=99663543]

Please what fillings should a new business submit yearly to CAC?[/quote
Business names are required to file annual returns on or before June 30th. For instance if you registered the business name in December, it is expected you file six months after registration which is June. Once it passes June, it goes into penalty. Of you registered in January of last year, you should have filed in June for AR. Otherwise, you are in penalty. For registered limited by shares companies, Annual returns to CAC is filed 18 months after Incorporation. For organisations or association it is a bit annual returns filed in January and in July.
Filing annual returns up to date, helps you to make changes in the business.
For taxes, it all depends on your turnover and net value and if you fall under small companies or businesses.
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by Lagosfinder(m): 8:50pm On Mar 06, 2021
[quote author=elyonchee post=99663929][/quote]

How do one go about filling annual return

Asking as a novice
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by DTOBS(m): 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2021
[quote author=elyonchee post=99663929][/quote]

Please, For an Association (a non profit organisation) that lost the Certificate of Incorporation, What are the steps that need to be taken to file for the CTC cos I understand that a new certificate of Incorporation will not be issued.

Please, I will appreciate if you can be more explicit for me as possible. You can also help with your whatsapp Number if you dont mind for us to talk more.

Thanks
Re: How To Replace Lost CAC Incorporated Documents? by elyonchee(f): 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2021
DTOBS:

Please, For an Association (a non profit organisation) that lost the Certificate of Incorporation, What are the steps that need to be taken to file for the CTC cos I understand that a new certificate of Incorporation will not be issued.

Please, I will appreciate if you can be more explicit for me as possible. You can also help with your whatsapp Number if you dont mind for us to talk more.

Thanks
I will check the requirements for CTC for IT certificate of incorporation 08117409752
I filed one earlier this year
A new certificate is usually issued for ctc of lost certificate for an association.
Publication
Extracts of meeting
Public notice
Affidavit
Means of id
Signatures of chairman and secretary
Passport photographs

(1) (Reply)

Help! What's Rent Like For a Retail Space at SilverBird, The Palms And City Mall? / How Much Do Plain T-shirts(round Neck) Cost Around Lagos When Buying In Bulk / Voluntary Pension Contributions Still Very Low – Susan Oranye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.