Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? - Pets (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? (68353 Views)

My Experience To The Question Do Dogs See Spirits? / Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? / Wait Sef! Do Dogs Really See Spirits.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Galapagous(m): 11:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
juman:
I believe dog see what human dont see.

The earth is for human and jinn.

“And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me”.
Quran (51:56)
[Color= #FFECB3] That is an escape clause, look at the way ur brain just relaxes and prevent u from looking any further, doubt anything till proven otherwise. All these religion fanatics sef. [/color]
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by cray91(m): 11:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
Applaudable but sorry to Say You not Completely Right To some extent
hakeem4:
First of all ghosts, spirits, demons, angels and all sort of supernatural stuffs don't exist! No single animal on earth evolved to see any nonsense such as ghost etc

back to the question asked by the OP. Dog cannot see anything that is not physical.

The eye are light receptors called cones and rods. Cones help us distinguish different colors, while rods help us see in dim light. ... Turns out, dogs have fewer cone receptors than humans — which means they can't see as many colors. Human cones can detect 3 colors: red, green, and blue.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by rubenic(m): 11:37pm On Apr 14, 2020
What if Dogs can see spirits, witches, Etc?

It's very easy to reject things with no proof or difficult to prove. You see, I completely get where you are coming from. I would, however, encourage everyone to have an open mind. Rather than outright objection, I would ask the following questions:

Do spirits exist? Maybe, I have no proof.

Can dogs really see things humans can not? I don't know!

The big question for me is, can humans see everything around them! I would say no?! Light, as it is called, is the visible spectrum of the electromagnetic wave visible to the human eye. What about spectra we can not see?

One way of testing whether dogs and other animals can see things we can't is to hook up a device that can convert brain signals or light from the eye into images that can be seen on computer screens. I'm not sure such a device exists at the moment.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Drizzy5001(m): 11:49pm On Apr 14, 2020
I was told the same too, though I never believed such. A dog is just like everyother animal it doesn't see ghosts, it only has a good hearing ability and excellent night vision.

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Galapagous(m): 11:53pm On Apr 14, 2020
rubenic:
What if Dogs can see spirits, witches, Etc?

It's very easy to reject things with no proof or difficult to prove. You see, I completely get where you are coming from. I would, however, encourage everyone to have an open mind. Rather than outright objection, I would ask the following questions:

Do spirits exist? Maybe, I have no proof.

Can dogs really see things humans can not? I don't know!

The big question for me is, can humans see everything around them! I would say no?! Light, as it is called, is the visible spectrum of the electromagnetic wave visible to the human eye. What about spectra we can not see?

One way of testing whether dogs and other animals can see things we can't is to hook up a device that can convert brain signals or light from the eye into images that can be seen on computer screens. I'm not sure such a device exists at the moment. Please let me know if you know of any.

This is one area of research I would delve into in the nearest future.

The military night vision device allow someone to be able to see at level of light almost approaching total darkness beyond dogs ability. This comprises of both visible and infrared light. Some are even incorporated with thermal detectors.
Googling it should shead more light.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by darediamond(m): 11:56pm On Apr 14, 2020
fredopareto:
dis one is a goner..God no go let u feel ham..just keep shut.
He knows No Shit at all.
Even in Oyinbo lexicon, they have a word called Bigfoot which we Yorubas call ORO.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by rubenic(m): 12:05am On Apr 15, 2020
Galapagous:

The military night vision device allow someone to be able to see at level of light almost approaching total darkness beyond dogs ability. This comprises of both visible and infrared light. Some are even incorporated with thermal detectors.
Googling it should shead more light.

Yeah, I know about night vision and others. Infrared is just one of the several spectra. What about others? You don't have to answer this. LOL

Our knowledge is limited. We need to stop thinking in the box and start thinking outside of it. The fact that conventional science has no evidence to support the topic under discussion doesn't mean the claim is completely untrue.

2 Likes

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Geepee77(m): 12:25am On Apr 15, 2020
logic102:
I think it is true everything is not about book and science...sometimes are just natural just like the case of God...i had experienced it once but u won't love to share the experience because it was a very bad one.... In case u are a doubting Thomas, try washing ur eyes with the water u use to watch the dog eye and it should be on a Thursday....

Hmmmm bros so you still now their schedule, Thursday ba? I have tried it before, they are all myth.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by newdawn2017(f): 12:27am On Apr 15, 2020
Franking:
Funny question. Witches and spirits don't exist. If u think they do then prove it.
Please park well undecided it just like saying d wind isn't I existence just because u can't see it catch it. All d demonic entities I saw with my 2 naked eyes over d years while growing up was all what? undecided
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by newdawn2017(f): 12:31am On Apr 15, 2020
orunmila144:
Yes now. witches operate on different frequencies and dogs ears are sensitive that they detect unusual frequencies and start barking. also spirits are frequencies and dogs tympanic membrane is so sensitive it detects all kinds of usual and unusual frequencies
U ve said it all dear, thank u. Don't my all these ignoramus here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by ZeusP(m): 12:33am On Apr 15, 2020
Superstition
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by realstars: 12:35am On Apr 15, 2020
Dogs Are The Closses And Most Understanding Animal To Man.
[quote author=Daum post=87703117]
One night, we were outside as always and there was no moonlight
There was this local dog opposite us just lying down. After a while she started barking. At first we thought she was just disturbing but the dog stood up and was barking continuously, What caught my interest was how she walked towards that direction and stood there barking.
Less than 10 minutes again she stood up like she heard something and started backing again, this time we were concerned, we pointed our torch light at the direction but we couldn't see anything, it was then the old man told us to relax, that the dog knows why it is barking. She probably had seen an evil spirit or witch and

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by newdawn2017(f): 12:36am On Apr 15, 2020
akpunda86:

Yes broda dogs see spirits.When we were in lagos our security man had a dog then.The man fell off the roof and crashed on the floor was taken to the hospital.few minutes later the dog started barking uncontrollable as dog was barking we receivedva call the man has passed on.
Guy dogs seeing spirit na real.there is one story ill tell you but you might be scared for life.

Dogs see spirit.
please tell us, let usbe completely away, dis life is deep quote me please.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by newdawn2017(f): 12:43am On Apr 15, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
Yes. Dogs see spirit
I remember when I lost my dad in 2013

Then we were in the sitting room watching news at 8 in channels tv after taking dinner he wanted to go upstairs to go and sleep. The next thing happen after taking just one step in the staircase he slump and fell
I was going to kitchen to take some stuff imediately he slump he was rushed to the hospital
The doctor confirm him dead went back home that midnight we have conclude to take the body to mutuary the next morning
By 3 midnight no body sleep till day break everybody was crying the
Dog was realy backing I was suprise what is happen because he doesn’t back like that I
Went out to take him upstairs locked him in a room so that he can stop the backing he still continue backing close to 3o minute
Then I realize something was going on not until I ask someone which confirm to me that he actually see my dad ghost that was why he was backing like that
so painful
Rest In Peace dad I miss you
not ur dad ghost, nothing like that. Demonic presence where all around, death had just occurred, so grief is in d air. Hence d demonic presence as they re drawn to & feed off d negative energy such as d grief & deep sadness death brought with it. D dog was picking up d low vibration & negative energies Such demonic presence is associated with.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by newdawn2017(f): 12:46am On Apr 15, 2020
Ghostmode2two:

Your entire family is ode
Sharrap dia! undecided take it!! U re an ode. undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by PropertyBuying(f): 12:50am On Apr 15, 2020
Humphrizy:
Na one superstitious believe which I believe is true to an extent sha
Children will always consume all these kind of indomie and fruity juice cool shocked cool grin
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by otiokpo(m): 12:55am On Apr 15, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]Yes they do.
Some scientist have had to transplant a dog eye . And the patient with the dogs eye was seeing strange creatures and figures he could not explain.
He was asked to make a drawing of what he is seeing.
It was beleived he was actually seeing ghosts.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by jaxxy(m): 12:59am On Apr 15, 2020
IamAnderson:

if you do this you'll harm yourself, dog urine corrodes metal so imagine what it'll do to your eyes, be smart and do not believe myths nobody actually practices

And they see In the dark also.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by KunleyY19(m): 1:09am On Apr 15, 2020
It's True.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by hakeem4(m): 2:34am On Apr 15, 2020
Cool83:

but both Christianity and Islamic believed that demon exist
No one really cares in what ever rubbish they choose to believe in. They can choose to believe someone died and came back after 3 days or mohammed rode a winged horse to heaven. The only problem i would have with such individuals is when they start forcing their beliefs systems on others
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by david102(m): 2:40am On Apr 15, 2020
Dogs don't see spirit at all. No animal sees.

Dogs has a good sense of hearing than the human ear can pick.

So it means the dog heard something coming from the direction it face and it is not any spirit
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Timzyatcool24(m): 2:57am On Apr 15, 2020
those of you saying dog doesn't see spirit,, can you explain why the barking is different when they noticed such things in the night,,,, mind you they barking is different during this scenario...
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by SenecaTheYonger: 3:28am On Apr 15, 2020
lepasharon:

So what spirit is pressing Nigerians at night?

Sleep paralyzed
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by lepasharon(f): 3:39am On Apr 15, 2020
ClassicMan202:

Where do you stay presently? Where were you born and raised? Where have you ever been before?..... You'll just seat in your corner and conclude with serious assertion that something doesn't exist.

Prove that unicorns don't exist?
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by lepasharon(f): 3:40am On Apr 15, 2020
Cool83:

but both Christianity and Islamic believed that demon exist

And pastafarians believe a flying spaghetti monster exists
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by plessis: 4:18am On Apr 15, 2020
dragunov:

If you think scientific methodology is the only way to prove the existence of things, then you have been fu.cked up the a.ss, way too up. Ignorance baba!

Big idiots.

According to them, anything that is inaccessible to the human perception doesn't exist.

The same idiots will still open their mouths and tell you "nothing is as it seems"

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Analysiscorner: 4:46am On Apr 15, 2020
It what the old man told you is true. I heard a story of an obvious diabolical and fetish man with evil heart who came visiting a wealthy man that just returned to the village. Immediately his dog saw him, it rushed the man, barking and trying to attack him. It could not be restrained. The man had to go back before the dog calmed down.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Happyfela(m): 5:48am On Apr 15, 2020
Are you serious, which kind people be this, eh God
ebenezer95:
Sure every dog can see they know everything about you that is why it hard to make it with dogs cos they can see if anything good is coming on ur way they can easly block them and every dogs are theifs either that is why the white said never trust a dog
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Happyfela(m): 5:56am On Apr 15, 2020
Oversabi
pjc:
Am sure that dog was Ekuke. Never heard German Shepherds or Chihuahuas see ghosts too. Seems the ignorance wey dey worry typical African man dey worry African dogs too.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by BlueAir: 6:16am On Apr 15, 2020
Hypocrisy of highest order.u want to form school abi. Just go to the nearest shrine and tell them to make u a walking corpse and see if they won't.

So disgusting hypocrite of a person
hakeem4:
First of all ghosts, spirits, demons, angels and all sort of supernatural stuffs don't exist! No single animal on earth evolved to see any nonsense such as ghost etc

back to the question asked by the OP. Dog cannot see anything that is not physical.

The eye are light receptors called cones and rods. Cones help us distinguish different colors, while rods help us see in dim light. ... Turns out, dogs have fewer cone receptors than humans — which means they can't see as many colors. Human cones can detect 3 colors: red, green, and blue.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by turawaa(m): 7:02am On Apr 15, 2020
hakeem4:

For your Information

YOU ARE A DEAD MAN WALKING

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Queenethofficia: 7:13am On Apr 15, 2020
so I heard, but the way they bark sometimes especially at night.anyway I don't know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

A Video Of Dogs 'Praying' Before Eating Goes Viral / Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos) / What Is This Life Turning Into!!!(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.