Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Covid-19 And The Reality Of Keeping Social Distance - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19 And The Reality Of Keeping Social Distance (226 Views)

EL Salvador Prison Ingnores Social Distance Rules, Cram Hundreds Of Inmates(Pic) / See How Social Distance Can Save Life / COVID-19: Port Harcourt Mall “NEXT” Sticking To Social Distance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19 And The Reality Of Keeping Social Distance by chokoman(m): 7:39am On Mar 24, 2020
COVID-19 AND THE REALITY OF KEEPING SOCIAL DISTANCE - A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA TOP TEN BIGGEST AND CROWDED MARKET PLACE

By Musa Omachoko Matthew

One of the precautionary measures to take so as not to contact the The Covid-19 also known as Corona Virus is to keep social Distance of about 1 Metres from the other person and For this to be achievable, then there must be avoidance of crowed Areas where standing within 1 Metres from the other person can't be achievable.

Now our markets;

Nigeria markets are known for its crowdiness, Rowdiness, Giant size and non orderliness where you'll have to push me while I push you too just to pass within the market which isbextremely exhausting and in this scenario, 1 Metres of Distancing is not achievable as it's a total self rubbing of one self on the other just to make your way in and out of these markets.

This Market Just to mention a few includes;

1. Onitsha Main Market – Anambra
2. Oshodi Market – Lagos
3. Balogun Market – Lagos
4. Ariaria International Market, Aba – Abia
5. Alaba International Market – Lagos
6. Idumota Market –Lagos
7. Kurmi Market – Kano
8. Ogbete Main Market – Enugu
9. Oja-Oba)Orita Merin Market, Ibadan –Oyo
10. Oil Mill Market, Portharcourt – Rivers

If you have been to any of these markets before I believe you clearly understand the pictures I'm trying to paint. What of computer village in Ikeja, Mile 12, Oyingbo, Balogun market Etc among other many markets even in our own Areas where we all lives?. You can agree with me that, places like this is where this virus can actually spread, spread, & spread as much as it wants.

The reality is; It's hard keeping social distance cos, people will still go out there to look for money, cos no money no food and no food it's surely a person's end and you can't isolate your self home when you don't have enough money and food to go round. You Just must go out there to look for money.

To be continued.
23/3/2020

#TheReality
#Covid19
#Socialdistance

Re: Covid-19 And The Reality Of Keeping Social Distance by LegendsCoded(m): 8:53am On Mar 24, 2020

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: We Won’t Be Overwhelmed ---DTSG / Science Students In Trouble Over Coronavirus / Anyone Who Tells You That Hair From Bible & Water Will Prevent Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.