Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Get in here. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Get in here. (2017 Views)

FUTA Students Arrested For Beating Up 100 Level Female Student / Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? / Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari Used In UNILORIN 100 Level Mass Comm Exam Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get in here. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 24, 2020
So I'm studying civil engineering at one of these top federal universities.
All 100 level results are out and I'm on a 3.5CGPA on the dot.
Anyway I'm not happy angry angry
My plan from the on set was always to get out with a 2.1, but landing at the lower boundary of 2.1 definitely isn't good.
We were already well into 200 level b4 this ASUU/Corona combo shut down universities, and things aren't looking too good either, these EEE lecturers don't know what they're doing and I'm definitely getting an F in Thermodynamics if I don't sit up.(the way these mech lecturers annouce registration for carry over students self go fear you embarassed tongue).
I also have seminars to deliver (GS).

For the ones that have been through this road, I need reassurance, are my dreams of 2.1 still well alive.
I know I still have 4 years but I'm kind of a perfectionist, I tend to freak when things aren't going according to plan.
Should I just give up and quit school??

P/S..if you're gonna tell me about hard work and determination, then I'm screwed cry. My system doesn't support that. angry

2 Likes

Re: Get in here. by adexpa(m): 10:08pm On Mar 24, 2020
Bobo, you can still make 2.1, do not give up.
I studied mechanical engineering n i would av love to send you my transcript for prove, but I can't do that.... Below is my cgpa;
Though, dedication n determination.
I could tell you that affirmatively because we have many related courses n most of the courses you are complaining of are either MEE or EEE which I fully partook.

3 Likes

Re: Get in here. by Oblongata: 10:29pm On Mar 24, 2020
Quit school, because school is not for lily livered like you tongue
Re: Get in here. by kennyjam: 11:30pm On Mar 24, 2020
ok....
You are good to go.
You need determination and persistence.

God's favour you pray for too.

2 Likes

Re: Get in here. by yusman14(m): 1:21am On Mar 25, 2020
You can make it up bro...
I am a 300l engineering student of OAU..The thing about engineering is that one level is a prerequisite to the top level... If your foundation is strong then you should not have problem in your 200l...
Read smart,study hard and mingle with the brilliant students.. don't form any local champion ooo...
I had 86A in engineering thermodynamics..MEE205(engineering mechanics)is tough..you need to study hard..so you can do better....You should develop yourself too....
Take care .

3 Likes

Re: Get in here. by yusman14(m): 1:23am On Mar 25, 2020
adexpa:
Bobo, you can still make 2.1, do not give up.
I studied mechanical engineering n i would av love to send you my transcript for prove, but I can't do that.... Below is my cgpa;
Though, dedication n determination.
I could tell you that affirmatively because we have many related courses n most of the courses you are complaining of are either MEE or EEE which I fully partook.
what is your overall CGPA?
Re: Get in here. by adexpa(m): 1:26am On Mar 25, 2020
yusman14:
what is your overall CGPA?

See 500 level
All I posted are CGPAs at every level
Re: Get in here. by yusman14(m): 1:28am On Mar 25, 2020
adexpa:

See 500 level
All are posted are CGPAs at every level
ok
Re: Get in here. by NDSMELODY(m): 9:42am On Mar 25, 2020
My brother do not give up remember that nobody celebrate a failure,,,,,,,i started my 100l with 3.40 cgpa but with the help of God and hardwork i am on 4.00cgpa after 400l, i am presently in 500l and done with first semester already EEE LAUTECH.

Note: read hard and work smart,avoid pride by making freindship with those knows above you,treat past questions,avoid girlfriend for now and lastly believe in God and urself that u can achieve it.

3 Likes

Re: Get in here. by frankosivue(m): 10:36am On Mar 25, 2020
100L
Ist semester GPA: 3.24
2nd semester GPA: 4:32

CGPA: 3.75

Yet to start 200L but I'm confident of nothing less than at least 4.5+. Likewise in subsequent levels.

Point: Your performance in 100L can really be improved upon. In fact, many students like me fail to 'hit high' in 100L because we didn't understand the system at first. I believe this also applies to you.

Soar like an Eagle!

4 Likes

Re: Get in here. by ovoP(m): 10:52am On Mar 25, 2020
Rgade:
My plan from the on set was always to get out with a 2.1, but landing at the lower boundary of 2.1 definitely isn't good.
We were already well into 200 level b4 this ASUU/Corona combo shut down universities, and things aren't looking too good either, these EEE lecturers don't know what they're doing and I'm definitely getting an F in Thermodynamics if I don't sit up.(the way these mech lecturers annouce registration for carry over students self go fear you embarassed tongue).

For the ones that have been through this road, I need reassurance, are my dreams of 2.1 still well alive.
I know I still have 4 years but I'm kind of a perfectionist, I tend to freak when things aren't going according to plan.

P/S..if you're gonna tell me about hard work and determination, then I'm screwed cry. My system doesn't support that. angry
Name of University Please
Re: Get in here. by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 25, 2020
ovoP:
Name of University Please
They call it the den of Lions undecided angry
Re: Get in here. by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 25, 2020
frankosivue:
100L

Yet to start 200L but I'm confident of nothing less than at least 4.5+. Likewise in subsequent levels.

Point: Your performance in 100L can really be improved upon. In fact, many students like me fail to 'hit high' in 100L because we didn't understand the system at first. I believe this also applies to you.

Soar like an Eagle!
Exactly man.
Thanks for the reassurance.
Mine was;
1st semester; 3.42
2nd semester; 3.58
Good thing you realized yourself quick enough and sat up in the 2nd semester.
Me was still sleeping lipsrsealed cry
Re: Get in here. by frankosivue(m): 4:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
Rgade:

Exactly man.
Thanks for the reassurance.
Mine was;
1st semester; 3.42
2nd semester; 3.58
Good thing you realized yourself quick enough and sat up in the 2nd semester.
Me was still sleeping lipsrsealed cry

You're welcome sir.

And another factor is that one will have to take courses from different departments in 100L (don't know for other schools) and in so doing we perform poorly in some courses that is not our area of strengths. I am happy that I'd be taking courses that has to do with my course of study which is where my strengths lie as I progress.

2 Likes

Re: Get in here. by ovoP(m): 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2020
Rgade:

They call it the den of Lions undecided angry
Don't let what they say get to you.. You know what to do to pass
Re: Get in here. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 25, 2020
Rgade:

Dont be discouraged,i started a little above your gp and my target was nothing short of 4.5, so I had to sit tight and made up throughout the rest semesters. I met my targets all through and just graduated with a cgpa of 4.75 in chemical Eng awaiting service.You can actually do that as well,but you will have to be less active on social media.Best of luck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Get in here. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 25, 2020
Sexytincoll:
Dont be discouraged,i started a little above your gp and my target was nothing short of 4.5, so I had to sit tight and made up throughout the rest semesters. I met my targets all through and just graduated with a cgpa of 4.75 in chemical Eng awaiting service.You can actually do that as well,but you will have to be less active on social media.Best of luck
1st class in Chemical Engr?
Wow, that's awesome.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Get in here. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2020
Rgade:

1st class in Chemical Engr?
Wow, that's awesome.
Thanks a lot.
Yes dear, it's not a difficult thing,just brace up and up your game academically,pay very little attention to social media.I just actually started being a bit active on social media.You can do it.

1 Like

Re: Get in here. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2020
Sexytincoll:
Yes dear, it's not a difficult thing,just brace up and up your game academically,pay very little attention to social media.I just actually started being a bit active on social media.You can do it.
Maybe you could tutor me on Thermodynamics.. grin
As soon as I learn how to use that properties table of course angry
Haha.... thanks once again.

2 Likes

Re: Get in here. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 25, 2020
Rgade:

Maybe you could tutor me on Thermodynamics.. grin
As soon as I learn how to use that properties table of course angry
Haha.... thanks once again.
I will gladly tutor you if we are in the same location,the table is not a hard stuff and you will master it as you progress,but I think civil engineering student takes thermodynamics as a course only in their 200level as it's usually a borrowed course from mech engr dept,most 200level courses are under mech dept but I did thermodynamics all through except my 500level second semester where I had to take only 2 courses(petrochemicals and my design project)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Get in here. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 25, 2020
Sexytincoll:
I will gladly tutor you if we are in the same location,the table is not a hard stuff and you will master it as you progress,but I think civil engineering student takes thermodynamics as a course only in their 200level as it's usually a borrowed course from mech engr dept,most 200level courses are under mech dept but I did thermodynamics all through except my 500level second semester where I had to take only 2 courses(petrochemicals and my design project)
Yeah I'm only doing Thermo this semester and gladly too.
Re: Get in here. by hollymolly66(m): 9:10pm On Mar 25, 2020
wow my course mate � me too I'm in my 200l civil engineering @ATBU Let me just come and gain advice too

1 Like

Re: Get in here. by hollymolly66(m): 9:17pm On Mar 25, 2020
frankosivue:
100L

Soar like an Eagle!
ATBU ??
Re: Get in here. by frankosivue(m): 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2020
hollymolly66:
ATBU ??
Yes

1 Like

Re: Get in here. by Stargurl20(f): 7:20am On Mar 26, 2020
Sexytincoll:
Wow.... Impressive!
I study one of the social science courses .... On 4.0 despite all reading... Although I carried a 3unit course like that. But this comment inspired me. Although mine is 4yrs course and I'm in yr2 and haven't taken any exams yet

1 Like

Re: Get in here. by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 26, 2020
Stargurl20:

Wow.... Impressive!
I study one of the social science courses .... On 4.0 despite all reading... Although I carried a 3unit course like that. But this comment inspired me. Although mine is 4yrs course and I'm in yr2 and haven't taken any exams yet
My dear, you can do it, it all boils down to your determination.Shun all those boys and be less active on social media,they are distractions.I am just beginning to check out social media and how it goes,i had to shun that aspect of my life.I am very competitive too, it helps me achieve my goals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Get in here. by AnthCunny(m): 8:23am On Mar 26, 2020
Sexytincoll:

I understand that there are different methods schools use in calculating CGPAs. In some, the higher you go, the higher the percentage of your GPA for that session will contribute to the total CGPA. In some, it is equally, i.e everything is summed up from first to final year and divided by the credit units you offered throughout. I just want to ask the system your school use.
Re: Get in here. by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 26, 2020
AnthCunny:

I understand that there are different methods schools use in calculating CGPAs. In some, the higher you go, the higher the percentage of your GPA for that session will contribute to the total CGPA. In some, it is equally, i.e everything is summed up from first to final year and divided by the credit units you offered throughout. I just want to ask the system your school use.
I think the later was used.
Re: Get in here. by yusman14(m): 1:21pm On Mar 26, 2020
Sexytincoll:
Bro, social media does not mean anything..
I have guys that are involved in online business and they are always online 24/7 that are on first class..
Genius dey OAU faculty of technology like!!
Re: Get in here. by AnthCunny(m): 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
Sexytincoll:
I think the later was used.
Wow...ur story is really inspiring
Re: Get in here. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2020
AnthCunny:
Wow...ur story is really inspiring
It was tough but I had no option than to meet my target
Re: Get in here. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 26, 2020
yusman14:
Bro, social media does not mean anything..
I have guys that are involved in online business and they are always online 24/7 that are on first class..
Genius dey OAU faculty of technology like!!
You are right but it depends on what you use social media for, it can either make or Mar you

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Change Of Course For Ume 2008 / Esut Post Ume Time Table / ASUU Strike, And It's Effect On The Nation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.