Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

My Observations On Some Mindsets That Trail The Covid-19 Pandemic - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Observations On Some Mindsets That Trail The Covid-19 Pandemic (183 Views)

Prepare For A Pandemic Worse Than COVID-19 - WHO Chief, Tedros / My Observations Of The Covid-19 Pandemic In Nigeria / Level Of Compliance On Social Distancing In Delta Amid COVID-19 Pandemic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Observations On Some Mindsets That Trail The Covid-19 Pandemic by chizidgreat(m): 11:11am On Mar 26, 2020
IN THE LIGHT OF COVID-19
I have patiently observed the Covid-19 drama unfold and while we hopefully await a sure intervention, let me share my observations so far on different mindsets that had trailed this phenomenon.

1. The enthusiastic preachers
So many preachers see this as an opportunity to dole out their end time warnings on the imminent coming of the Lord and the need to escape the agony of hellfire
"Jesus is coming soon" they say "And this is a sign and a call to abandon your evil ways."
I'm not saying that they are not right with this. Of course, every sane believer knows that the coming of the Lord is nearer than when we first believed as we happily await Him.
But I'm saying that if you are a preacher who only capitalizes on crisis situation to share the gospel, you were never a preacher. You're only an opportunist. You were never interested in lost souls. You're only a prophet of doom and an individual who hopes only to evoke fear through a gospel that is supposed to bring joy. A real preacher shares the gospel at all times.
And if you're one who would only adjust your ways because of hard times, then you're not genuine. You're still likely to fall back when things normalize.
It will be a good thing to adjust now however but to adjust for good

2. The ones who believe this plague is a test to the church, pastors and maybe God
They claim to see this as finally the fall of religion. "Because if their God cannot save them, how can they still call on him after now and if their pastors who claim to be powerful healers cannot wipe away this plague, will they still follow them? "
My dear listen to me, you know nothing about Christianity because if you do, you would have stopped for long picking against a people who don't care.
Hear it: Whether our God saves us or not, it won't stop him from being God. Don't you know about the story of Shedrach, Meshach and Abednego?
God is God and no situation can change His being God. And for our pastors? It's only your ignorance that makes you think that anybody is following a pastor. We're following Christ who is the denominator between all believers. And our pastors (the genuine ones though ) will still remain relevant if you rant from now till Jesus comes.
That pastors did not wipe corona virus did not reduce their being pastors. (The ones they've been doing, has it made you believe?)
Know though that our focus is Christ, not any pastor. Need I say more?

3. The "It's not my portion people "
No one says the virus is your portion sister but please observe the safety rules. Taking precautions is not lack of faith. Cover your face, wash your hands, avoid handshakes and maintain social distancing.
"Stop going to church" does not mean "stop serving God"
By the way, the real 'church' is you. The church building is only where we gather for fellowship. And this is only for a while too.
And for the outsiders who think that shutting down of church fellowships in this period is a big news to us, know that it's not. Except for the merchant driven pastors.

4. The "They deserve it people "
These are people that think some persons deserve contracting this deadly virus. I was also a victim of this before I repented. Please nobody deserves evil. Even though it could be God's way of judging some persons but don't forget that even God says we should not rejoice when he's judging the heathen nations else he turns against us. For God does not like the death of a sinner.

5 . Finally, the "I don't care" people.
There's this Lagos-like people who don't care even if the virus turns to a human being and starts eating up people physically on the streets of Alaba. They will still move out. Well, a lot of Nigerians don't care because they don't even have alternatives.
But still be careful...
Maka oke soro ngwere maa mmiri, mmiri koo ngwere o gaghi a ko oke

Stay safe

(1) (Reply)

Fight Against Corruption Is Useless If Our Health Care System Is Not Funded / Physical Therapy For Preventive Care / Women’s Chemical-free Ultra Thin Natural-cotton Pads With Leak-blocker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.