Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,726 members, 7,813,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State (805 Views)

Huge Python Killed In Ore, Ondo State (Pictures) / Why Earth Tremor Occurred In Abuja – FEMA / Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State by Angelian1(f): 6:56am On Mar 28, 2020
A violent earth tremor cum eardrum- breaking sound rock Akure,Ondo State Capital in early morning at about 12:58midnight 28th March,2020.

I was using the washing machine when I heard the sound,the whole building shook. I live at Sijuade Akure, I later heard that it sounds so clear at Ijoka Area,Oba ile,Oja Oba.....
It was terrifying as I ran to the room to carry my baby, check my time and it was 12: 58a.m.My brother and sister get ready for no one knows the time and hour.
Re: Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State by sorextee(m): 7:03am On Mar 28, 2020
I heard about it this morning. Hope everyone is safe over there?
Re: Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State by josh123(m): 7:14am On Mar 28, 2020
Strange things are actually happening. Make i start to dey watch for signs bec he fit happen any time
Re: Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State by spinna: 7:17am On Mar 28, 2020
Sounds like mining activity or some other controlled explosion
Re: Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State by Hardeyshinardt(m): 7:31am On Mar 28, 2020
This is not from this world.. It just like bomb explosion
Re: Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State by rkayg(m): 7:38am On Mar 28, 2020
It was an explosive. It was gathered that some unknown people had explosives in their possession at the checkpoint in Akure. A light was seen popping out of the car and boom! The explosive went off. Not that serious and definitely not a sign of end time. Sayonara
Re: Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State by Temidayo9(m): 7:40am On Mar 28, 2020
I was just started dosing when I heard the heavy thunder- like sound, and I wondered what could have happened, then I started asking for forgiveness of my sins. Infact, the sound continue for like a minute and fading suddenly.
May God save us all.
Re: Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 28, 2020
I felt it here in Danjuma
Re: Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 28, 2020
rkayg:
It was an explosive. It was gathered that some unknown people had explosives in their possession at the checkpoint in Akure. A light was seen popping out of the car and boom! The explosive went off. Not that serious and definitely not a sign of end time. Sayonara
which check point in in Akure??

That thing was like shock wave not any kind of terrorist explosive
Re: Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State by nrexzy: 7:53am On Mar 28, 2020
Controlled demolition
Re: Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State by rkayg(m): 7:57am On Mar 28, 2020
kaluxy007:
which check point in in Akure??

That thing was like shock wave not any kind of terrorist explosive

At Roadblock. Some houses were affected though
Re: Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State by Angelian1(f): 8:54am On Mar 28, 2020
Asteroid will skim Earth at 53,000mph this week It should pass at a distance of about 4 million miles (Science Photo Library)
SHARES Jeff Parsons
Monday 23 Mar 2020 11:23 am
Nasa is constantly on the lookout for asteroids that may pose a threat to life on Earth. These so-called ‘near-Earth objects’ (NEOs) need to pass within a certain threshold to be considered ‘potentially hazardous’. And the experts at the US space agency say there is one such rock on the radar for this week. The asteroid 2012 XA133 is set to pass Earth on Thursday, March 26 at a speed of 53,000mph. The asteroid measures approximately 1,280 feet (390m) wide, which is enough to cause a major impact on Earth if it collided with the planet. Thankfully, Nasa engineers calculate the trajectory of the asteroid will take it safely past us. It’s believed to pass 0.04453 astronomical units (AU) or roughly 4.1 million miles from the center of Earth. A single AU describes the distance from Earth to the sun – roughly 93 million miles. ‘As they orbit the Sun, NEOs can occasionally approach close to Earth,’ Nasa explained. Nasa is calling this a near-Earth object (ESA) ‘Note that a ‘close’ passage astronomically can be very far away in human terms: millions or even tens of millions of kilometres.’ Alongside Nasa, the European Space Agency (ESA) is also tracking the asteroid. It’s actually one of about six that are being tracked as they pass Earth this week – but it’s the only one falling into the ‘potentially hazardous’ category. ‘Potentially Hazardous Asteroids (PHAs) are currently defined based on parameters that measure the asteroid’s potential to make threatening close approaches to the Earth,’ Nasa said in a statement. ‘On a daily basis, about one hundred tons of interplanetary material drifts down to the Earth’s surface,’ said Nasa’s Center for Near-Earth Object Studies (CNEOS). ‘Most of the smallest interplanetary particles that reach the Earth’s surface are the tiny dust particles that are released by comets as their ices vaporize in the solar neighborhood. Asteroid fragments strike Earth all the time without any noticeable damage (Getty Images) ‘The vast majority of the larger interplanetary material that reaches the Earth’s surface originates as the collision fragments of asteroids that have run into one another some eons ago.’ The agency does go into some detail about would would happen if one of these rocks did end up smashing into us: ‘With an average interval of about 10,000 years, rocky or iron asteroids larger than about 100 meters would be expected to reach the Earth’s surface and cause local disasters or produce the tidal waves that can inundate low lying coastal areas.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/23/nasa-potentially-hazardous-asteroid-will-skim-earth-53000mph-week-12441997/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
Re: Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State by Angelian1(f): 5:18am On Mar 29, 2020
this might be true, that Akure explosion is actually caused by an asteroid
Re: Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State by Skmoda360(m): 7:07am On Mar 29, 2020
Angelian1:
this might be true, that Akure explosion is actually caused by an asteroid
I knew about this the moment I saw the huge crater....they were just cooking up series of lies from police angle and stone quarry angle....and it's so fake...my sister you are correct. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Smart TV 32 Inch For Sale @ 50k / How To Get 1 Million Followers On Tiktok In 2023 / Read Free Books, Get Inspired, Create Wealth And Empower Others.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.