Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,151 members, 7,860,123 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:16 AM

The Medical Profession Is A Scam - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Medical Profession Is A Scam (1204 Views)

Meet Chidiebere Ibe, Bringing Black Illustrations To The Medical Field / Dr. Anu Adepoju Suspended From Medical Profession In Nigeria... / "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Medical Profession Is A Scam by skyhighweb(m): 9:17am On Mar 29, 2020
if nah to charge heaven and earth for drugs now they go open chest

where those useless nurse wen ogs dey bang dem go come dey act like say nah dem get hospital

thunder go fire all of una

better go out there and volunteer, una yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: The Medical Profession Is A Scam by ChybuzzDD(m): 9:43am On Mar 29, 2020
shortgun:

Name a single Hospital or Doctor in this country that have ordered for medical equipment from Engineers?
No...they rather order from China and UK, then inflate the price and charge exorbitant amount from patients.
Have u noticed how the prices of hand sanitizers, gloves and masks have gone up.?.....d greed of pharmacists and Doctors is responsible.

I and other Engineers can confidently produce ventilators in large quantities in 2 weeks....it's not rocket science cheesy
We train artisans on the job(plumbers, electricians, masons,tilers, carpenters,mechanics e.t.c they in turn train their apprentices thereby creating employment....who do you Doctors train?

Even the nurses under your tutelage can't even give injections without complications. grin grin grin
You guys are scams.
Re: The Medical Profession Is A Scam by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:10am On Mar 29, 2020
shortgun:

Name a single Hospital or Doctor in this country that have ordered for medical equipment from Engineers?
No...they rather order from China and UK, then inflate the price and charge exorbitant amount from patients.
Have u noticed how the prices of hand sanitizers, gloves and masks have gone up.?.....d greed of pharmacists and Doctors is responsible.

I and other Engineers can confidently produce ventilators in large quantities in 2 weeks....it's not rocket science cheesy
We train artisans on the job(plumbers, electricians, masons,tilers, carpenters,mechanics e.t.c they in turn train their apprentices thereby creating employment....who do you Doctors train?

Even the nurses under your tutelage can't even give injections without complications. grin grin grin
You guys are scams.

You're still getting it wrong. These hospitals belong the government(federal/state), and are funded by the government via the ministry of health.
The doctors working in those hospitals are not responsible for ordering equipment. The government does that through the ministry of health and other numerous unregulated agencies.
Have you ever looked at your government's yearly budget to see the meager amounts your budgeted for healthcare each year? No country will even be able to treat headaches with such budget.
I just hope the average Nigerian will be enlightened enough to understand how things work, the origins of his problems, and how to seek solutions to them.

Another misconception: please note that doctors don't sell hand sanitizers and are not responsible for its hiked price. I understand, out of ignorance, you guys in Nigeria refer to everyone working in the healthcare as a doctor. Whenever I visit Nigeria, I usually feel very ashamed seeing how educated people frequently address male nurses, lab technicians/scientists, pharmacists, etc, as doctors.

I'm happy to learn that you and other Nigerian engineers can produce ventilators in large numbers in 2 weeks! I hope you understand what a ventilator is and the technology involved in producing it? Please, start producing, if you can.
You may also start with producing such basic things as glucometers(for sugar), sphygmomanometers(for BP), stethoscopes, thermometers, suction machines, wheel chairs, stretchers, monitors, pulse oximeters, etc, before getting to ventilators. Nigeria imports all these basic things from abroad at exorbitant costs, the reason you don't have them enough over there.
As I have always said, medicine is technology dependent, and you can't get it right in a technologically backward country.
Re: The Medical Profession Is A Scam by shortgun(m): 11:58am On Mar 29, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

You're still getting it wrong. These hospitals belong the government(federal/state), and are funded by the government via the ministry of health.
The doctors working in those hospitals are not responsible for ordering equipment. The government does that through the ministry of health and other numerous unregulated agencies.
Have you ever looked at your government's yearly budget to see the meager amounts your budgeted for healthcare each year? No country will even be able to treat headaches with such budget.
I just hope the average Nigerian will be enlightened enough to understand how things work, the origins of his problems, and how to seek solutions to them.

Another misconception: please note that doctors don't sell hand sanitizers and are not responsible for its hiked price. I understand, out of ignorance, you guys in Nigeria refer to everyone working in the healthcare as a doctor. Whenever I visit Nigeria, I usually feel very ashamed seeing how educated people frequently address male nurses, lab technicians/scientists, pharmacists, etc, as doctors.

I'm happy to learn that you and other Nigerian engineers can produce ventilators in large numbers in 2 weeks! I hope you understand what a ventilator is and the technology involved in producing it? Please, start producing, if you can.
You may also start with producing such basic things as glucometers(for sugar), sphygmomanometers(for BP), stethoscopes, thermometers, suction machines, wheel chairs, stretchers, monitors, pulse oximeters, etc, before getting to ventilators. Nigeria imports all these basic things from abroad at exorbitant costs, the reason you don't have them enough over there.
As I have always said, medicine is technology dependent, and you can't get it right in a technologically backward country.

See what your colleagues are doing here grin grin
https://punchng.com/covid-19-doctors-nurses-flee-as-suspected-cases-hit-lagos-hospital/
They are running away from patients....is that not failure?
Stop blaming Government....there's no sector in the country that the Government funds 100%.
Read my post again....I am taking about the medical profession not only Doctors.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Covid19: I Saw and stared at The Spirit Of Death Eyeball To Eyeball / Nairalanders Please I Need Your Help / Help Me Loose Weight Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.