Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:09 AM

Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply (775 Views)

Coronavirus: How To Stay Productive When You Work From Home / NNPC Recruitment Criteria Exclude Graduates From Poor Homes, Says NANS / 7 Great Jobs You Can Easily Do From Home And Get Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 5:18pm On Mar 28, 2020
The coronavirus outbreak has made some employers ask their staff to work from home. If you are one of those who are currently working from home and have a poor power supply, then, this article is for you. Lingo Africa, the foremost human capital development platform in Abuja, has reached out to a few Nigerian readers who have been able to navigate through this challenge and we will share the tips that have worked for them.

Essien is a software developer, who works for a start-up in Nigeria. He was asked to work from home by his employer as soon as the first coronavirus case was recorded by the NCDC. He told Lingo Africa that he has been able to keep up with deadlines by scheduling his work period to coincide with when the power holding company provides light to his locality.

“In my area of residence, we are entitled to light for 12 hours a day, so, I sleep during the period where there is no power supply and work when the power supply is available. This arrangement is good for me and my employer understands this. Poor power supply is a reality in Nigeria and all employers cannot feign ignorance about this.

“I think ultimately, it boils down to having an employer who understands that there can’t be a strict work period when relying on power holding company of Nigeria, to provide electricity to be used for work,” he stated.

Martha is an Editor at a national daily in one of Nigeria’s biggest cities. She says that her employer gave some staff permission to work from home as the coronavirus outbreak keeps spreading. She sometimes has to rely on powering her diesel generator to get electricity to work, however, aside from that, she admits that using an internet-enabled phone with multiple batteries helps her do her job.

“Writers always send stories to my email at all hours of the day, so, I have to keep editing their stories all through the day. I have no breaks, literally.

“The only time I have to power my generator for work is whenever my locality has a problem with transmission infrastructure which could last days.

“But, when there is no transmission fault, I have multiple batteries for my Android device, which I use in place of my PC to edit stories. If one battery dies, all I need to do is fix the other fully charged battery. I have as many as five different batteries, so, my Android device is always on, leaving no room for lagging behind due to poor power supply, she said.

Kehinde is a social media manager for a growing foreign brand, so, he has always worked remotely. He does things a bit differently but it works for him. According to Kehinde, whenever he has power supply at home, he uses Sprout Social to schedule posts ahead of work periods. However, he has to go to public work centers in his city to access power supply sometimes.

“There are places in my city of residence that accept remote workers who need power supply to work. We all need to provide our data though, but it is great that I have an alternative place to work if I have poor power supply at home.

“However, in this time of the coronavirus outbreak, going to such places would be foolhardy, so, I created another alternative by investing in a second PC, so, I always have both PCs fully charged whenever I have power supply,” he said to Lingo Africa.

Source - https://lingoafrica.com/poor-power-supply-is-a-challenge-to-those-working-from-home-in-nigeria/

Lingo Africa.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 9:40pm On Mar 28, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 10:50pm On Mar 28, 2020
smiley
Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 8:51am On Mar 29, 2020
shocked
Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 3:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
Good afternoon
Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 11:33am On May 29, 2020
TGIF!
Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 5:24am On Jun 05, 2020
shocked
Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 10:49am On Jun 05, 2020
wink
Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 12:27pm On Jun 06, 2020
Happy weekend!
Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2020
tongue
Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 1:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
undecided
Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 9:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 11:35am On Jul 05, 2020
tongue
Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 11:44am On Jul 05, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by Mife9000: 6:35pm On Jul 09, 2020
Vacancy

Job from home, apply by joining our WhatsApp group. Use the link below or call the below phone number for us to add you.

https://chat.-whatsapp.-com/BkUmRQr0ytzLBNHXgrQ8o2

Don't for get to remove the two - in the link, thank

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2020
kiss
Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2020
smiley
Re: Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply by AbdulAkpan: 9:38am On Aug 27, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Learn A Skill And Start A Freelancing Jobs At Home / How I Finally Paid My Debts. / We Are Hiring!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.