Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,783 members, 7,824,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? (58516 Views)

Hardship: 5 Cheap Soups You Can Cook With N1000 In Nigeria / How Many MUDU Are There In A PAINT Bucket / Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by rexwalters: 3:31am On Mar 29, 2020
meum:
Chai! Nigerians. What is the reason for the increase? Fuel pump price has gone down. Is it Corona that is causing this?
On a dime, Ipob without rational thinking, will blame President Buhari as usual? Their hatred for the President is like oil to an engine.

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Uzomajane: 3:43am On Mar 29, 2020
In this period of Covid-19 pandemic, hygiene is highly adviced that is why you need to contact the team of engineers from a reputable and certified company to do your WATER TREATMENT. AT EMMNEZ WATER SOLUTIONS LTD, we don't only treat water for consumption, we put your health first in consideration according to W.H.O's Standard. Call us now on 07030209730, 09057899649. Or visit our office outlets @ #8 St. Michael's street off Iwofe road Port Harcourt. Rivers State. Ph 2 address..#75 Iwofe C.O.E road by lumco fillings station Rumueprikom Port harcourt Rivers state.
Owerri...Shop 2 Olive plaza Industrial Cluster, Nekede road Owerri, Imo state.

Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by MadeBoy: 3:56am On Mar 29, 2020
grin i never knew people eat garri like this.

a paint rubber that stays almost 6 month in my kitchen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Honeydenz(f): 4:00am On Mar 29, 2020
1500 here in asaba
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by DedeNkem: 4:04am On Mar 29, 2020
sassysure:
It will still go up.
Don't know why this usually happens.

It happens due to greed. Our thieving politicians aren't the only greedy ones!
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by fatymore(f): 4:12am On Mar 29, 2020
yom2:
. Is it only market women what about transporters. At the slightest excuse they balloon the prize
from my survey, the price is still the sane but they are not adhering to the minimum passengers per bus... Still the usual 4 on a seat
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by sykeng(m): 4:19am On Mar 29, 2020
Sleyanya1:
Port Harcourt N1,500-2,000.

The average Nigeria is just greedy given the fact that most of the goods were even old stocks.

They are greedy because you are not the seller.
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Kenoxman(m): 4:25am On Mar 29, 2020
NigeriaB:
Wait o, wetin Una dey use garri do sef...?
Personally, I don't like eba swallow. I only drink garri once in a while..

I prefer semo to eba
Garri is the easiest swallow to make and it goes well with any kind of soup.
I love semo but I can't stand the time in making it when I'm really hungry plus I have to eat a very large quantity before I get full. But just one cup of garri and I'm ok.

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by sykeng(m): 4:29am On Mar 29, 2020
zietebikebarry:
one custard bucket cost #2000 right now in Delta State warri precisely

When they told me 2000 and a small tuber of yam 1800 I drove down to the village to buy them. I don't blame d sellers, "no be only them go remain" after all they still buy other things.
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Reference(m): 4:32am On Mar 29, 2020
awhybliss:
I think priorities should be on getting a vaccine instead of contact back tracing or creating isolation centers...
If vaccine isn't available over the next two month.. Hunger will be a weapon of war..
Cause people will come out and things will get out of control

Now you guys understand the economics of the pandemic I first talked about in Febuary while warning that we should shut our borders to the entry of Covid 19.

That it was not about the 'flu' but the pandemic. It was evident that only a TOTAL shutdown could drop the stats and save a nation. So it is nations that can AFFORD a total shutdown that will win the battle.

Nigeria cannot afford a total shutdown as we are practically broke and structurally informal to catch most citizens in any economic safety net. Thus the battle not to carch corona cannot be organised effectively by goverment. Time has proven this. By next week watch and see how the isolation regime will be neglected.

Does this country citizens look to anyone like folks who can go without production and subsequent income for the next 2 months it took Wuhan or six months it will take Nigeria? A country that is already numbed by records of violent death due to extremism and crime.
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by nannyo(f): 4:39am On Mar 29, 2020
Wiith all the prices you are saying, that means you all are lucky. I bought a basin of Garri 7,500 in Bayelsa
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Patrickker(m): 4:54am On Mar 29, 2020
250 naira here in Benue state

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by 2cul2care: 5:02am On Mar 29, 2020
And am complaining that it is now 500 in my own area
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 5:05am On Mar 29, 2020
Something that I usually buy 450 is now #700
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Pearl05(f): 5:07am On Mar 29, 2020
Last week #600 for paint bucket but it was #1500 for day before yesterday in PH. May it will be #2000 by Monday.
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by LegendaryArnold(m): 5:07am On Mar 29, 2020
N350-N400
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by persius555(m): 5:10am On Mar 29, 2020
What do you expect when your govt refused to put palliative in place but would rather scream lockdown at the top of their voice.

For a 4th world country,vwe ain't seen shit. Wait till next week we will know if Corona hunger no go finish people
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by sunkoyo: 5:13am On Mar 29, 2020
Ok
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 5:58am On Mar 29, 2020
This is Nigeria!
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by shamsin6300(m): 6:03am On Mar 29, 2020
Spechialone:
Lucky you... It's 1,800 here
Beans which was 600 on Tuesday is now 1,000

I bought mine yesterday #250
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Shugah(f): 6:07am On Mar 29, 2020
Formerly N350 now N800
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Almustykay(m): 6:09am On Mar 29, 2020
Here in Yenagoa is 1700. It's was #600 last week. 90% increase
QuickStandard:

Mehn, this is terrible.
Here I was thinking, #1000 was too expensive.

#1,500? That's crazy
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Aystarz: 6:16am On Mar 29, 2020
Lostz:
I love eating garri o. I can eat it everyday with nice soup

I can imagine how big your bele is right now

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by felixawe(m): 6:18am On Mar 29, 2020
N1600 in Udu LGA
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Hoodbilonia: 6:22am On Mar 29, 2020
I bought goat meat 10k
Ready to eat it like mad
Stew things
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Aystarz: 6:30am On Mar 29, 2020
asksteve:
As at yesterday 1600 - 1800 at kpansia market in Yenegoa.

And we are crying we want to go to Church, to do what? When all we do is exploit each other.

Are we just religious with no Godliness / Christ likeness in us?
You see this thing called 'Nigerian christianity/Islam' ehn, it's mindboggling why those who practise it don't let the principles therein show in the way they conduct their lives.
Nigerian brands of Islam and Christianity make atheism look like the Gospel Truth.....I swear.

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 29, 2020
sassysure:
It will still go up.
Don't know why this usually happens.

Because we Nigerians are fundamentally selfish, and we are shallow. The woman selling garri will now think she's smart, until she goes to the woman selling fish who will use the price of garri as an excuse to jack up the price of fish sold to her; along with the tomato and pepper seller; and when going home, the taxi driver will use the price of garri to jack up the transport fare. Finally, she gets home to see the landlord chasing her husband for rent increment because foodstuff has doubled; and find out that all the 'extra' profit she made on inflating the price of garri has disappeared.

She will then either realise that she was not smart at all, but has merely been part of an unnecessary general inflation that benefits no one; including herself; or she will justify her own part by saying that she wasn't the first person to do it anyway.

10 Likes

Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by gibzzhd: 6:49am On Mar 29, 2020
WelcomeToBiafra:
Nigerians hate themselves.

Biafra Nation shall be restores.
To be honest bafia would be worse.Most of the traders are IGBOS and are the ones initiating this hike in prices.Things would have been better without the Igbos in this conditions

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 29, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Which is very ironic, because they produce their own garri. With the number of people who grow cassava and produce garri in Delta, it should be 200 naira per paint bucket.
flood affected cassava farms in Delta State last year
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 29, 2020
sircatherine45:

yessssss ooooo ask around
and it is cheaper? when last did you buy?
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 29, 2020
Aystarz:

I can imagine how big your bele is right now
lol. I am super fit with one of the flattest stomach you will ever see
Re: I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? by freeman131: 6:57am On Mar 29, 2020
1200 Edo state Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Onion I Bought For N30 and N50 Here In Portharcourt. / Check Out This N4.6million Naira Barbeque Fish (pics/video) / See What I Found Inside A Soft Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.