Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

I Snore Heavy While Sleeping - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Snore Heavy While Sleeping (452 Views)

Why Do Men Snore More Than Women? / Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns / 'Dead' Prisoner Starts To Snore As His Family Visits Him In The Morgue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Snore Heavy While Sleeping by ButterflyBoy: 10:38pm On Mar 28, 2020
Please Nairalanders Help me (ejoor).i Always Snore Deeply and Loud when I Sleep it has become very embarrassing.
What is the Remedy to Deep Snoring?
Re: I Snore Heavy While Sleeping by samuelson06(m): 10:43pm On Mar 28, 2020
ButterflyBoy:
Please Nairalanders Help me (ejoor).i Always Snore Deeply and Loud when I Sleep it has become very embarrassing.

What's Google telling you? Maybe you used to lie facing up. Try put your tummy on the bed and see how it goes.

2 Likes

Re: I Snore Heavy While Sleeping by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 28, 2020
samuelson06:

What's Google telling you? Maybe you used to lie facing up. Try put your tummy on the bed and see how it goes.
exactly bro....facing down when sleeping is the only solution
Re: I Snore Heavy While Sleeping by LegendaryLover(m): 10:49pm On Mar 28, 2020
1. lose weight 2. eat last meal of the day before 7pm
Re: I Snore Heavy While Sleeping by Mutuwa(m): 11:01pm On Mar 28, 2020
ButterflyBoy:

Try sleeping on your right hand side with the right hand placed on your cheeks.
Re: I Snore Heavy While Sleeping by crosart(m): 11:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
How can I overcome snoring? Is one big question with several answers. Snoring can be caused by numerous factors, these factors may be as a result of anatomy of the mouth, as well as sinuses, alcohol intake, flu, and overweight. I know partners who have separated because of excessive snoring. It can make you very uncomfortable and sleeping over with friends becomes a problem.
I use to be a heavy snorer, it was so bad that I could wake a drunk. I hated myself for this, I couldn’t sleep over at my friends’, I won’t dare go for vigils. It was that serious. I remember a certain day I travelled for a friend’s wedding, oh no! It was a disaster. I slept with some other visitors in a room, I started snoring, it was so bad that they left me to the dinning table to sleep. When i woke, I thought the wedding had started and i was late no one was in the room, I felt bad my roommates didn’t wake me, I needed them to apologise, but rather I didn’t know I was the one to do the apology.
nasal congestion
My snoring became an issue, and I became very concerned about it. I told myself that I was going to find a permanent solution to it, and guess what? I did.
Before I talk about everything I did to get rid of night snoring, lets talk about some causes.
CAUSES
When you doze off from a light sleep to a deep sleep, the muscles in the roof of your mouth, tongue and throat relax. The tissues in your throat can relax enough and block your airway and vibrate. The more narrowed your airway, the more forceful the airflow becomes. This increases tissue vibration, which causes your snoring to grow louder.
Some other conditions are:
Sleeping position : Snoring is louder and heavier when sleeping on your back. Gravity affects the throat, which makes the airway narrow
Alcohol Consumption: Alcohol consumption is one of the numerous causes of snoring. Taking alcohol before bedtime in high quantity, makes the throat muscles relax and reduces airway defense that helps throat obstruction.
Sleep Apnea: is a serious sleep disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts. If you snore loudly and feel tired even after a full night’s sleep, you might be having sleep apnea. The major type of sleep apnea is: Obstructive sleep apnea, the more common form that occurs when throat muscles relax. Sleep apnea is another major cause of snoring.
Sleep Deprivation: sleep deprivation is staying awake voluntarily or involuntarily. This also can cause snoring while sleeping after a long period of staying awaking.
Nasal Congestion: As a result of cold/flu, chronic nasal congestion or partitions in your nose may cause night snoring.
How I Overcame Midnight Snoring
This issue lingered for a while, until I beat my chest and told myself,”its high time you do something about this snoring “. I did something and I am grateful I did.
First step: I told my sister to help me. She always inspected my sleeping position, when ever I started snoring, she would wake me and tell me to change my position. After 2 weeks of doing this I discovered 3 things.
1. When I slept on my side, I snored.
2.When I slept upright, I snored.
3.But when I slept on my stomach, I don’t snore.
That was the beginning of the end of my problem
Second Step: A recorder helped me in my quest. How? I put a recorder to record myslf while I slept. I could tell the time of the night I snore, and I could hear how severe I sounded (I sounded like a goblin). I discovered that I usually snore at about 1am.
Finally: The last straw that broke the camel’s back, was my pillow. I always slept with pillows. Pillows affect the muscles in the throat and distort airway, that is, the flow of air. I had to stop using pillows absolutely. My pillows were quite large. These steps I took, were as a result of years of embarrassing nights. Determination and concentration is needed to achieve these.
Tell family members to help out. You can go as far as using a camera to capture yourself if no one is around. And if it still persists, please go see as doctor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Snore Heavy While Sleeping by dangermouse(m): 11:06pm On Mar 28, 2020
Shed some weight. God help ur type if they sleep near me. Both of us wount sleep that night unless of course i sleep before the person. Snooring irritates me!
Re: I Snore Heavy While Sleeping by scoundrel(f): 11:30am On Mar 29, 2020
One painful thing about the internet is people parrot advice which they have no idea if it works. They still do so anyway because they see it posted everywhere. I’ve seen fat people who snore, athletes who snore, skinny people and even babies. I guess some humans are meant to do it naturally.

The only remedy I’ve seen is sleeping on one’s side. The only problem is someone else has to set the snorer into the position. I’ve come across people who use devices they put on before bed, but these are effective only for a limited amount of time. It seems the human body learns to negate the efforts one puts into avoiding snoring.
Re: I Snore Heavy While Sleeping by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 29, 2020
Kingkong boy will be a perfect name, butterflies are too quite
Re: I Snore Heavy While Sleeping by ButterflyBoy: 2:10pm On Mar 29, 2020
scoundrel:
One painful thing about the internet is people parrot advice which they have no idea if it works. They still do so anyway because they see it posted everywhere. I’ve seen fat people who snore, athletes who snore, skinny people and even babies. I guess some humans are meant to do it naturally.

The only remedy I’ve seen is sleeping on one’s side. The only problem is someone else has to set the snorer into the position. I’ve come across people who use devices they put on before bed, but these are effective only for a limited amount of time. It seems the human body learns to negate the efforts one puts into avoiding snoring.
what can I do Please?
Re: I Snore Heavy While Sleeping by scoundrel(f): 2:11pm On Mar 29, 2020
ButterflyBoy:
what can I do Please?
My second paragraph flew over your head?

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: NASSCO Releases Register Of Poor, Vulnerable Households In Nigeria / I Need Advise On My Birth Control Pills / Coronavirus: WHO Cautions On Use Of African Traditional Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.