Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome :eternal Life – God’s Gift To Us! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome :eternal Life – God’s Gift To Us! (3133 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome :eternal Life – God’s Gift To Us! by Joagbaje(m): 2:58pm On Dec 29, 2010
1 John 5:11
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son

Eternal life is not a promise from God that we look forward to Him fulfilling in our lives when we get to heaven. It’s His gift to us NOW:
“…the gift of God is eternal life” (Romans 6:23).
Eternal life has been freely given to everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ:

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life”

This is what we celebrate at Christmas time: that God has given to us eternal life, a life greater than sickness, disease, failure and death; a life that makes us superior to satan. That life is what Jesus brought to the world.

When the angels rejoiced and heralded the birth of the saviour, they were celebrating and publicizing the glorious news that humanity can now receive the divine life, and live as champions on earth:

Luke 2:9-11
“And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord”

Jesus came that we might have life to the full (John 10:10). That’s why He was born. The glorious and victorious life in its fullest is what He brought, and if you believe in Him, that’s what you’ve received into your spirit. This ought to be your joy this season, that having received Christ, you now have eternal life – the miracle life – that cannot be defiled or corrupted by sickness, disease, defeat, death, or the devil.

You may not feel it in your body that you’ve received eternal life, but it’s in your spirit nonetheless. You don’t have to “feel” it in your body first to know that you have eternal life. That’s why the Apostle John, writing to the Church, said, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life…” (1 John 5:13).

Confession
I have the life of God in me; it’s the superior life of glory, success and victory. I thank you Lord today for making it possible for me to receive this glorious, wondrous life into my spirit, thus making me superhuman. Praise God.

Further Study
1 John 5:11-12 MSG
This is the testimony in essence: God gave us eternal life; the life is in his Son. So, whoever has the Son, has life; whoever rejects the Son, rejects life.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

(1) (Reply)

Scriptures Expounded: About Wet Dreams And Human Wastes - Deuteronomy 23:10-14 / Some Examples Of Grave Defects In The Bible / The Failure Of Christian Deism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.