Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,496 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? (2878 Views)

Groom Abandons Bride On Wedding Day After Discovering She Already Has 4 Kids / My Wife Wants Kids But Does Not Want Sex. / What My Fiancee Said Is Bothering Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by Wizpa(m): 6:10am On Mar 30, 2020
Hello nairalanders
My fiancee insists on bearing two kids because of
1. less stress raising the kids
2. being able to manage them during her work time

I insist on bearing 4 kids because
1. There is strength in numbers (Well secured family
2. Dining table will be complete
3. Family SUV will be complete
4. Children are gift from God
5. Satisfactory distribution of wealth
6. a boy and a girl (it's just better and wiser to have double of anything)
7. House will be very lively
8. I want my name to last for as long as it can
9. 4 kids will secure our nuclear family, it's heritage and legacy
10. Military and Business, Health and Leric

We had this argument the last time we spoke and her last statement was "I hope this doesn't hold us down soonest because its as though we can never reach an agreement in this aspect. And of course might affect this relationship".

I love her very much and I believe she does too, what should I do.

1 Like

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 30, 2020
Even though your Creator has blessed you with the resources to take care of any child you plan to bring into this world, it doesn't give you the entitlement to start producing children like Rabbits...

Two is more than enough and I support that.... Don't always think with your penis that there's strength in numbers.

If you don't have anything to do with your sperm, donate it to any health centre.

22 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by dominique(f): 6:23am On Mar 30, 2020
If you can afford it why not? You should know that raising children is not cheap anywhere in the world that's why it is advisable to have the number of kids you can afford. God forbid your finances dip, you will cope better with two kids instead of four. Besides, it's your fiance that will be doing most of the work when it comes to raising the kids, four kids might be overwhelming for her especially if she's working. You should listen to your fiance and consider her decision

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by misreal(m): 6:23am On Mar 30, 2020
You dont need to be having this arguement if you are a sharp shooter, i mean the world best no9

1 Like

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by espn(m): 6:32am On Mar 30, 2020
Mtschewww as if una be God...una dey behave like pikin...you guyz act like you in secondary school when you have plans of getting married to your crush in future but end up marrying someone you never even dreamt of your whole life...

Oga get married first you will understand better. 2 can become 3,1,5,4...Only God giveth....

8 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by brodalikeme(m): 6:39am On Mar 30, 2020
It’s amazing what some intending couples fuss about. When you’re married, you will understand how trivial those things are in the face of real issues.

5 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by olasaad(f): 6:54am On Mar 30, 2020
Don't worry when it's time everything will happen naturally. Most couple do this at the beginning but some child will come by mistake.

1 Like

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by bigiyaro(m): 6:59am On Mar 30, 2020
OP, stand you ground! from my experience, I've decided on four or more kids long ago, my reasons are
1.my mom had an only sister and she's very unhappy about it.
2.I have 5 sisters and 2 brothers, the last born (a boy is in the university now, the rest are all married and working) I have two kids and they are spoiled on choices of where to spend weekends and holidays, so are all my nephews and nieces.
3. I have plenty backups (especially in this tribalistic and man know man country) your blood family is the most loyal you can get.
4. before anyone messes with your family especially when you are retired and old, the size of your family comes into consideration ( in my villa, no body dare encroach, cos my dad, got brothers in the army, police, sisters with fairly powerful and influential Hubbys with grown up and working children, infact fight one member of my dad's family, you will be knocked right left and center)
so op these are my reasons.

5 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 30, 2020
Who will be the eventual head of the family?

Let that guide you.

3 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by Homeboiy: 7:15am On Mar 30, 2020
Mtcheew

Woman de dictate for u

3 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by tempex88(m): 7:22am On Mar 30, 2020
Brother , why do you want to bring people to this world to suffer ebola and Corona virus and other future pandemics ?

Just take care of the two you already have and you can adopt extra children or train them from distance.

5 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by Winneygirl(f): 7:24am On Mar 30, 2020
9. I want my name to last for as long as it can

Which yeye name?

23 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by genq(m): 7:27am On Mar 30, 2020
Winneygirl:

Which yeye name?

The same yeye name you are bearing for your father

16 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by TheChameleon: 7:30am On Mar 30, 2020
OP, go ahead with the marriage.

You just have to meet a jujuman for incisions on your priq, a Pastor for anointing oil to rub on your d1ck and an Imam for ablution water to sprinkle on your bed.

1 can be 2 or 3 or even 4. If you catch my drift.
Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by genq(m): 7:30am On Mar 30, 2020
Erediauwa:
Even though your Creator has blessed you with the resources to take care of any child you plan to bring into this world, it doesn't give you the entitlement to start producing children like Rabbits...

Two is more than enough and I support that.... Don't always think with your penis that there's strength in numbers.

If you don't have anything to do with your sperm, donate it to any health centre.

Who gave you the right to dictate to him how many kids he should or shouldn't have?

Erediauwa, the fact that you have nothing doing with your sterile sperm doesn't mean he shouldn't utilise his own as he wishes.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by Amanee(f): 8:33am On Mar 30, 2020
Ode, in this economic meltdown na four children be your problem when you're not sure if you'll make it out of this pandemic a pauper...

Sense fall on you

2 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 30, 2020
Why una dey advise am with plenty talk?

Wait now let him born one first and come back to tell us how far

6 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by ImModern(m): 11:57am On Mar 30, 2020
So with the way Nigeria is, some people still want to have 4 kids

10 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by Wizpa(m): 12:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
ImModern:
So with the way Nigeria is, some people still want to have 4 kids

it's a future decision, besides the funds will be available
Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by Wizpa(m): 12:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
dominique:
If you can afford it why not? You should know that raising children is not cheap anywhere in the world that's why it is advisable to have the number of kids you can afford. God forbid your finances dip, you will cope better with two kids instead of four. Besides, it's your fiance that will be doing most of the work when it comes to raising the kids, four kids might be overwhelming for her especially if she's working. You should listen to your fiance and consider her decision

Services will be employed. I feel the house will be boring with just 2 kids
Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by ImModern(m): 12:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Wizpa:

it's a future decision, besides the funds will be available

People should try and stop giving birth to too much children.. We're already too much in this country and there is no forwardness

Give birth to the one you're very sure u can take care of

7 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by Wizpa(m): 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2020
Winneygirl:

Which yeye name?

if you have nothing reasonable to say, then get the f.uck outta this thread.

Lazy youth

4 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by Wizpa(m): 12:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
Amanee:
Ode, in this economic meltdown na four children be your problem when you're not sure if you'll make it out of this pandemic a pauper...

Sense fall on you

Don't be stupid, I asked for advice not insult

you are one of the reasons Nigeria is the way it is. Sanity will be restored to this country if people like you are no where to be found

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by Wizpa(m): 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2020
bigiyaro:
OP, stand you ground! from my experience, I've decided on four or more kids long ago, my reasons are
2.I have 5 sisters and 2 brothers, the last born (a boy is in the university now, the rest are all married and working) I have two kids and they are spoiled on choices of where to spend weekends and holidays, so are all my nephews and nieces.
3. I have plenty backups (especially in this tribalistic and man know man country) your blood family is the most loyal you can get.
4. before anyone messes with your family especially when you are retired and old, the size of your family comes into consideration ( in my villa, no body dare encroach, cos my dad, got brothers in the army, police, sisters with fairly powerful and influential Hubbys with grown up and working children, infact fight one member of my dad's family, you will be knocked right left and center)

most reasonable comment

1 Like

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
bigiyaro:

Just Negodu

3 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by fcdgrand(m): 12:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
imagin this, buhari want 4 osinbanjo want 2, who is incharge?, who is incontrol?
Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by Mizwisdom(f): 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
genq:

The same yeye name you are bearing for your father

When you're six feet under the ground, things like name will never come to mind.

2 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by ibkayee(f): 1:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
I understand your joy in having kids but most of your reasons sound kind of 'shallow' compared to hers. Shallow isn't necessarily bad per se in this case because I find your reasons very cute...just not as...'vital'? Especially if it's something that could affect a relationship that was quality enough to become an engagement.

When you think about your reasons like the 'SUV being complete' for example, is it imporant enough to let a valuable enough relationship go. It would be different if she didn't want kids at all

11 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by Amanee(f): 2:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
Wizpa:

Don't be stupid, I asked for advice not insult

you are one of the reasons Nigeria is the way it is. Sanity will be restored to this country if people like you are no where to be found

People like you and your stewpid questions will be nowhere to be found first

Didirin

2 Likes

Re: I Want 4 Kids But My Fiancee Said 2 Is Enough, Should I Give In Or Break Up? by genq(m): 2:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
Wizpa:

if you have nothing reasonable to say, then get the f.uck outta this thread.

Lazy youth

Don't bother my guy, this social isolation has done a number to the brains of a lot of these lonely hags (such as Winneygirl and Amanee) - that's why they cannot post any reasonable thing without insults. It's their fada they are insulting not you.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Nigeria, Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law? / Am I Being Used? / Polygamy Vs. Polyamory Vs. Polygyny Vs. Polyandry Vs. Bigamy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.