Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying (51258 Views)

Photos: Thousands of Heavily-armed Americans Rally against COVID-19 Lockdown / How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? / Masturbate During Coronavirus Lockdown To Boost Your Immune System - Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:04am On Mar 30, 2020
Hello Nairalanders, good morning and happy new week. So I heard last night that the FG has declared a total lock down on 3 states which are; Lagos, Abuja and Ogun starting today 30th march 11pm. I quite well that a number of persons will be at the market today to buy essential things needed for the 2 weeks lock down.

So I thought it's cool to share with you all some essentials needed for this period which should guide our buying.

Please note that it's just a general guide, so please feel free to customize it to your specific needs.

(1) DRY FOODS: Stock up dry foods such as grains, spaghetti, flours, yam, garri, noodles, spices, oils, cooking condiments, matches or lighter and every other kitchen necessities with long shelf life.

(2) WATER: Good supply of drinkable water cannot be over estimated at this period.

(3) FIRST AID: Store up first aid medications such as paracetamol, anti - diarrhoea medicines, mentholated spirit, cotton wool and every other functioning first aid kit.

(4) FOR KIDS: If you have children in the house, don't forget to store up snacks, drinks and toys or games for them.

(5) HYGIENE: Ensure that all things needed for your general sanitization and personal hygiene are not compromised. Things like sanitary pads, tissue papers, bathing soaps, tooth brush, shaving creams or sticks, tooth paste, washing soaps, detergents, bleach, vinegar, masks, gloves, sanitizer, body creams, water for laundry and bathing.

(6) CONNECTION: Remember to stay connected! Ensure to pay your utility, internet connection, airtime and cable bills.

(7) CASH: Have accessible physical cash and credited debit cards at home so you don't get stranded when you run out of supplies.

(cool RECREATION: Stock up on relaxation games either board games or cards, movies and music.

(9) SPIRITUAL FOOD: Most importantly, stock up food for your SPIRIT. Spiritual books, tapes, worship compilations, anointing oil and communion items i.e communion bread or wafers and wine.

(10) Now that you have all these, do remember to stay at home, stay safe, wash more, pray more and panic less!

God Bless You
Shile.

164 Likes 8 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by RoyalBlu(f): 10:12am On Mar 30, 2020
This is so comprehensive OP.

Well done smiley

It's a good thing spiritual food is included. Very essential.

May God bless and keep us all.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 30, 2020
It is good but most of us don't even have money for these.. Na for street we dey fetch water..

I know that the God, the unchangable changer will make us survive this... I am very sure, my Father in heaven is too sure, He never fails

Yorubas call him
Alagbada ina, alawotele orun
Oba aiku Oba aisa Oba aidebaje

Some don't even bliv him but yet, He still loves them

Make I sing
Gbangban, kabitikabiti
gboro gboro to da aye
Nfe Nfe to da orun
Eyin loba, kabiosi

Chineke idima
Idima idima oooo
Idima oo idima idima oooo

E no too bad if person ask for my account number.. Shud incase you Wana ask..
This is it 0498290513 GTB ayobami

Ayo/ joy will meet u for home

Incase you want to insult me, kindly go to Twitter and insult those people that shared their account numbers... Their picture even dey there, so u will even know how the person looks like but here, it's a faceless forum..

Insulting me Is just like pouring water into a Basket

God bless you all... We gonna survive this.. God never sleep

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Gwagone: 10:14am On Mar 30, 2020
No bar oooo
And I need a job too during this lockdown period so I can acquire some of these things mentioned by the Op
God no go shame us oooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Gwagone: 10:15am On Mar 30, 2020
Need money to do this

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Darato: 10:17am On Mar 30, 2020
Wow thank you aunty shile. I love the spiritual food aspect it's very important. Let me run to the market.
Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique and Sissy3 have you bought your lockdown items?
Take this to the front page to help those that Bant to do last minute shopping as governor babajide Sanwoolu has directed.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by smalline8(m): 10:25am On Mar 30, 2020
smiley smiley
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by RiyaGoddess(f): 11:23am On Mar 30, 2020
RoyalBlu:
This is so comprehensive OP.

Well done smiley

It's a good thing spiritual food is included. Very essential.

May God bless and keep us all.

Amen, Thank you ma’am
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by RiyaGoddess(f): 11:23am On Mar 30, 2020
Darato:
Wow thank you aunty shile. I love the spiritual food aspect it's very important. Let me run to the market.
Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique and Sissy3 have you bought your lockdown items?
Take this to the front page to help those that Bant to do last minute shopping as governor babajide Sanwoolu has directed.

You are welcome ma’am
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by chibu4u2(m): 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
The Mod that just pushed this to front page now is high on cow dung.

A post as relevant and important as this, written since morning na now the mod con remember to push am to FP.

Thank you OP jare. Nice info.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by jeeqaa7(m): 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
Y
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Priapus69: 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
Spiritual Food??
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Valfrankie(m): 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
Books, books, books!!! Get some educational materials. I'm fascinated by esoteric texts, and actually wish I had the hard copy of certain books. Novels also, especially bestselling thrillers. Trust me, you don't wanna press phone throughout this period. If you have interesting books to share, please quote

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Prechgold1180(m): 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
You forgot to add weed for the marlians

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by ConnectedMan: 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
I have so much fried meat at home you would think im about to throw a party

Contact me for your art work / graphics design. ..

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by frankblinkz(m): 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
As it stands now, even in the midst of this pandemic,if I'm granted free visa to China,I swear I will still go.....
Imagine a country where we re roughly estimated to be #250million Nigerians.... even if they share #1million each to every Nigerian to sit at home,it will not shake the country's account, okay ...so far we have donations of #18billion or more from NNPC and other business Moguls,they can disburse this money to every Nigerian with our BVN and look for means to reach onto those without bank account...yet they are deliberating on how much to give us,#the rumoured 10k seems an impossible mission..
LAsLaS na Hunger go kill Nigerians pass this dreaded virus..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by SoftP(m): 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Antidote to psycho boredom ‘

O ye single dudes!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
For those who have money to go on a shopping spree right? What of those who have nothing? Those who are hungry?? The poor, needy, widows, homeless, destitutes, orphans, less privileged? How will they survive on a 14 day lockdown?
I guess your Government doesn't know that this set of people exist and live amongst us!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by babyfaceafrica: 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Condom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by LordAzubuike(f): 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
This lockdown is meaningless.. not for a third world country like Nigeria. You're ordering people to stay at home without providing any relief support for them ...what about hustlers that feed from hand to mouth? How will they survive..

Worse still they've brought to military to make sure there is compliance.. this country is a joke.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by lonelydora: 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Aa long as I have a bag of garri, packets of sugar, and Salt with Vitamin A, I am good.

Nothing dey happen. This too shall pass.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by oyeb15: 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Corona Virus will revolutionalize Nigeria.
Am glad our leaders dont see it coming and they will have nowhere to escape.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Guest911: 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
d
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by RemoveKebab: 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Cutlass, Axes, Spears, Mace, Guns, Tanks, APCs, IFVs, Rocket launchers and rockets, frag grenades, Flash bangs, Incendiary grenades, Land mines, flame throwers and last but not the least a Tactical NUKE.
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by romelady(f): 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Egungun needs money to get these items across express

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by nurez305(m): 9:16pm On Mar 30, 2020
frankblinkz:
As it stands now, even in the midst of this pandemic,if I'm granted free visa to China,I swear I will still go.....
Imagine a country where we re roughly estimated to be #250million Nigerians.... even if they share #1million each to every Nigerian to sit at home,it will not shake the country's account, okay ...so far we have donations of #18billion or more from NNPC and other business Moguls,they can disburse this money to every Nigerian with our BVN and look for means to reach onto those without bank account...yet they are deliberating on how much to give us,#the rumoured 10k seems an impossible mission..
LAsLaS na Hunger go kill Nigerians pass this dreaded virus..
lol, 1million each because you are told to stay at home grin grin grin

If they release you to the street, can someone like you even make 50k in 2 weeks.... no be only 1million , na 1billion

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by ahmemmygrey(m): 9:16pm On Mar 30, 2020
First Where's the money

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by IlovePMB: 9:16pm On Mar 30, 2020
Spiritual food that can't heal someone with coronavirus, is that one spiritual food.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by WandaNara: 9:16pm On Mar 30, 2020
WEED & TRAMS..
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by MansoryMX(m): 9:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
[b]*GUIDE FOR THE ECONOMIC SHUTDOWN KEY HOUSEHOLD PREPARATION GET ALL THESE HANDY*

1. *Nutrition*
Dry foods :
- rice
- spaghetti
- pasta
- flour
- maize mill
- beans
- green grams
- powder milk
- long life milk (Has 5 months expiry)
- breakfast cereals
- etc

Kitchen supplies:
- salt
- sugar
- bottled dry spices
- ketchup ( Has 12 months expiry)
- cooking oil
- Water - drinking & cooking
- Water guard

**Avoid foods that need refrigeration**

2. *Medication*
- Paracetamol
- Anti-diarrhoea meds
- Inhalers
- Other meds - Gout, Bp, Diabetes etc
- Menstruation pain meds
- Functioning First aid kit
- etc

*3. General sanitisation & personal hygiene*
- Pads
- Vinegar
- Jik
- Methylated spirit
- Masks
- Gloves
- Soap
- Portable/pocket sanitisers
- Water - laundry & bathing

4. *Communications*
- WiFi prepayment
- Phones airtime
- Cable TV prepayment

5. *Energy & Light*
- Extra prepaid electricity units
- Extra gas
- Meko

- Torches (chargeable elec & solar)
- Batteries
- Candles
- Matches/Lighters
- Generator
- Extra diesel for generator
- Cars at full tank

6. *Finances*
- Float in hard cash

- Float on both debit & credit cards

7. *Evacuation Plans*
- Different scenerios.

8. *Others* :
- Key emergency, hospitals & security contacts
- Books
- Board games
- Drinks

*A general guide - customise to your specific needs*
[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town / Tick Borne Virus Spreads In China. / My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.