Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? (64780 Views)

NAF Jet Evacuating 350 Nigerians Leaves Egypt For Abuja / Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria / Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Lifecanbeamazin: 2:38am On Apr 01, 2020
It's the norm. U.S. always do this even their citizens in western worlds. It's now left to the citizens to go or stay back.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by RaptorX: 2:55am On Apr 01, 2020
Why would any American citizens leave a country with only 2 deaths so far to a country where the expected death toll ranges from 200,000 in the best case scenario to 2 million in the worst case scenario. I say good luck to them, and stop worrying about their moves as an indicator of anything. If they can predict the future they wouldn't be looking at millions of fatalities three months into this pandemic.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by zigirl56(f): 3:33am On Apr 01, 2020
Nigeria is just the Goliath of Africa. Good for nothing [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by olmoRoc: 4:07am On Apr 01, 2020
that's simply because the president of the country goes to a London hospital when he's got a headache, which proves to the whole world that it's a shithole country

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by uneeking(m): 4:19am On Apr 01, 2020
Your fear is very correct. We are in for a terrible period ahead of us and any wise and responsible government will not leave its citizens in such a country as Nigeria at such times.
It is no rocket science. It is a matter of reality. USA started testing very slowly and are today paying harshly for it and have now started correcting that mistake but still leads the world in terms of infected cases.
Nigeria with open eyes are doing exactly the same mistake that USA did. We cannot expect a different result. Even as I write, people are protesting against the stay at home order. How many Nigerians have been tested for Coronavirus so far? What are the possibilities of testing a thousand in a week? When will testing start in the North? How many people will agree to be tested in the North? How many people are currently ignorantly spreading the disease right now?
Before some ignorant people start their regional and religious stupidity here, let me tell you that I am writing from and living in the Northern part of Nigeria.
God save Nigeria from its reckless and suicidal rulers.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by PassingShot(m): 5:33am On Apr 01, 2020
Faithful007:
Its happening in all countries as well check social media pages of us embassy in all other countries. there is nothing special going on with Nigeria. They just want to take those that wish to return but cannot due to lockdown.
Thank you for educating them.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by bros856: 6:04am On Apr 01, 2020
They're taking out their people because they already know Nigeria will soon become the Corona virus worst heat country in a few weeks from now. Mark my words. Because some states are not testing at all.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:12am On Apr 01, 2020
Kayharry:
it's free bro .
not free. If you cant pay. They give u a loan to be repayable later. Canada is charging 5000 cad so its citizens and pr can follow the usa jet to canada. How do i know I am a canada pr holder stranded in Nigeria and we have a group

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 01, 2020
Ghostmode2two:

It is not about the cost. The truth is there is more that meet the eyes because I see no reason why USA whose death toll has over taken China from COVID19 still want to evacuate its citizens from Nigeria
its better to be home

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by gr8tone: 7:12am On Apr 01, 2020
they always expect the worst from us but always get disappointed

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 7:28am On Apr 01, 2020
uchman:

The answer is on the last paragraph...

We joke with everything in this country.
Those countries evacuating their citizens has been in this Covid 19 war before us,
they know exactly that this is not war female run,
holding their breast...

We are not serious here...
There supposed to be lockdown yesterday in Anambra state but my people moves around freely,
just that markets closed.

I was imagining this lockdown to be what I used to see on Facebook in other countries where you wont even see 1 person on the street but everybody was moving freely yesterday...

Me I even go mechanic go repair my car but we still dey lockdown...
Even in us not all states are on a lockdown stop being an alarmist, volunteer and join the Frontline if you are so concerned
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by uchman(m): 8:12am On Apr 01, 2020
zigirl56:
Nigeria is just the Goliath of Africa. Good for nothing [color=#000099][/color]

I swear!
Goliath could be good for nothing GIANT...

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by uchman(m): 8:16am On Apr 01, 2020
Kekereekun123:
its better to be home

1000000Likes

Even Nigerians stranded elsewhere wants to come home but our country dont do evacuation things...

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by uchman(m): 8:19am On Apr 01, 2020
TIMEISWISDOM:
Even in us not all states are on a lockdown stop being an alarmist, volunteer and join the Frontline if you are so concerned

Trying to join the frontline but dont know what to do... No one is leading by example and I have not been in this kind of situation before...
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Pope20Davy(m): 8:34am On Apr 01, 2020
DozieInc:
What a child cannot see while standing the elders have seen while seated.
In God WE trust.
The same God who sitting and watching Corona,hunger and disease ravage the earth right
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by bakinyaro: 9:27am On Apr 01, 2020
These western world especially the whites have always believed africans not worthy to be human beings. If there was the slightest chance that this pandemic could wipe out a major chunk of the continent's population, thats a chance they're willing to take.
But then again, african leaders sha...���

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Psoul(m): 9:42am On Apr 01, 2020
When they are done evacuating their citizens, they will not bother much weda we all die here is not cos they have non of theirs here.

They hope to reduce the population of Africa as they see Africa as the problem of this world.
They will send us contaminated test kits and other aids.

Africa will be hit so hard unless God Himself decides to have mercy on us. The West have planned evil for Africa.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by ldpele(m): 10:16am On Apr 01, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Their citizens are calling for it. That why. And its. Not free. Cost as much as 2000 to 4000 dol
Yes it is not free but you don’t have to pay now as well. They already prepared a sort of bond you just need to sign. So anyone who is willing to go will go. Vulnerable persons and 65 years above are first priority. The US 3k while Canadian 5k.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by ldpele(m): 10:19am On Apr 01, 2020
Kekereekun123:
its better to be home
But you guys are not more following the US again. You didn’t get a new mail yesterday?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 01, 2020
ldpele:
But you guys are not more following the US again. You didn’t get a new mail yesterday?
i got but am not going lol. Dont have 5k

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Faithful007: 10:26am On Apr 01, 2020
Ddy:

How many Nigerian flight are out there to bring Nigerians home?
That now depends on the Nigerian government.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Aksnoopy: 10:28am On Apr 01, 2020
Contact me for face mask and hand sanitisers anywhere in Lagos. Delivery also available for oyo,Kwara,kogi,Abuja and portharcourt. # face mask 10000 for a pack of 50pcs, 100ml comart hand sanitiser for 600 each. Limited quantities available.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Faithful007: 10:30am On Apr 01, 2020
PassingShot:

Thank you for educating them.
Nigerians just feel that their case must be worse than Western countries all the time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by ldpele(m): 11:26am On Apr 01, 2020
Kekereekun123:
i got but am not going lol. Dont have 5k
Oh Dear! My friend is done with his application. I read through the email yesterday and they said in 7 days. My Friend always says the government is responsive.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:04pm On Apr 01, 2020
Kekereekun123:
its better to be home

I am not against any measure that is geared towards controlling the coronavirus. If staying at home is the solution, I anlm glad to abide
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by nlPoster: 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2020
datola:
The evacuation is not compulsory and you can be sure a lot of the foreigners will choose to stay back till things improve.

Nice optimism.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Beautyaddy: 10:41pm On Apr 01, 2020
Psoul:
When they are done evacuating their citizens, they will not bother much weda we all die here is not cos they have non of theirs here.

They hope to reduce the population of Africa as they see Africa as the problem of this world.
They will send us contaminated test kits and other aids.

Africa will be hit so hard unless God Himself decides to have mercy on us. The West have planned evil for Africa.

Keep Up with the blame game on other Countries.

What are the Nigerian government doing to help this Pandemic situation facing Nigerians

Yes, your blame and frustrations should be directed to your government in power.

Other Countries are worrying about how to save their Citizens.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Psoul(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Keep Up with the blame game on other Countries.

What are the Nigerian government doing to help this Pandemic situation facing Nigerians

Yes, your blame and frustrations should be directed to your government in power.

Other Countries are worrying about how to save their Citizens.

Thank you very much. Let me tell you. By the time you realize the conspiracy against Africa, it'll be too late.

Yes, or government have failed us, but your can't compare it to the conspiracy of the West against Africa.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 02, 2020
ostarlink:
Nothing sweet like dying in your fatherland when death has become more likely ajd a better alternative to bejng alife. They are proud of their countries especially the arrangement made for them in this challenging time.
True.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by OyinO: 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2020
DozieInc:
Another panadol patient.
Have you had your drugs?
Yes, after you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures From The Plane Crash In Lagos / Peace Mass Transit Limited: What It Takes To Get To The Top - Samuel Onyishi / Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.