Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,459 members, 7,861,326 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:51 AM

Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN (1097 Views)

Osagie Ehanire Blames High Death Rate On COVID-19 Fears / Lagos Records One More COVID-19 Death / 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 31, 2020
Coronavirus death rate is lower than previously reported, study says, but it's still deadlier than seasonal flu

CNN)How many people die after being infected with the novel coronavirus? Fewer than previously calculated, according to a study released Monday, but still more than die from the flu.

The research, published in the medical journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases, estimated that about 0.66% of those infected with the virus will die.
That coronavirus death rate, which is lower than earlier estimates, takes into account potentially milder cases that often go undiagnosed -- but it's still far higher than the 0.1% of people who are killed by the flu.
That number, though, went up in older adults, with approximately 7.8% of those 80 or older estimated to die after infection. And deaths were estimated to be exceedingly rare in children younger than 9, with a fatality rate of just 0.00161%.

For age groups younger than 40, the death rate was never higher than 0.16%, according to the study. Out of 1,000 young adults infected, then, about 1 or 2 could die, with the youngest people facing the lowest risk.
"There might be outlying cases that get a lot of media attention, but our analysis very clearly shows that at aged 50 and over, hospitalisation is much more likely than in those under 50, and a greater proportion of cases are likely to be fatal," said Azra Ghani, a professor at Imperial College London and an author of the study, in a statement.

The average time from onset of symptoms to hospital discharge was about 25 days, researchers found, although patients might not have been hospitalized during the early days of their illness. Among those who succumbed to the virus, death came about 18 days after people started showing symptoms.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/30/health/coronavirus-lower-death-rate/index.html
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Mysticwebb: 7:11am On Mar 31, 2020
It is slowing down I guess. That may also show that a cure has truly been found.
I can't wait for the resumption of football across the globe.
But wait o, come to think of it, since USA approved the use of chloroquine to cure covid-19, my neighbor has been eyeing the neem tree (dogoyaro) at my backyard in a suspicious manner. Yesterday through my window, I saw that glow in his eyes when he stood and was looking at it like someone who has just discovered a gem in his land. This tree is less than a year old, maybe it is time I start monitoring his moves around the tree, I need to preciously guide it now. It may be handy if this shit hits here. Though I pray it doesn't but I won't take chances.

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by PlayerMeji: 7:12am On Mar 31, 2020
What are these ones saying?

We are praying for something to go they are speaking grammar, it is lesser but higher than...
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by helinues: 7:15am On Mar 31, 2020
Coronavirus is packing up latest early May..
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Dominionflora: 7:23am On Mar 31, 2020
Fake News CNN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by garetz: 7:28am On Mar 31, 2020
CNN is Fake News, they are full of lies.
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Adaogwashi1(f): 7:29am On Mar 31, 2020
According to BBC Spain and Italy are now reporting lowest rate of infected case,meaning is going down small.

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:58am On Mar 31, 2020
Dominionflora:
Fake News CNN
garetz:
CNN is Fake News, they are full of lies.

Because your lying daddy in the lord Trump said so.CNN is still a respected media house whether you like it or not and many of their reportage are genuine.
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Zuorom: 8:10am On Mar 31, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

Because your lying daddy in the lord Trump said so.CNN is still a respected media house whether you like it or not and many of their reportage are genuine.
CNN reports are not genuine, they are confirmed fake news
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Gullah: 8:13am On Mar 31, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

CNN is fake news. They were even caught recently using pictures from Italy to lie that it was New York just so they can scare people about the coronavirus
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:13am On Mar 31, 2020
Zuorom:

CNN reports are not genuine, they are confirmed fake news
By who?
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:14am On Mar 31, 2020
Gullah:

CNN is fake news. They were even caught recently using pictures from Italy to lie that it was New York just so they can scare people about the coronavirus
CNN is genuine news and remains a respected media entity world wide.
When the respect dies then you all can talk.
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by sapientia(m): 8:15am On Mar 31, 2020
Mysticwebb:
It is slowing down I guess. That may also show that a cure has truly been found.
I can't wait for the resumption of football across the globe.
But wait o, come to think of it, since USA approved the use of chloroquine to cure covid-19, my neighbor has been eyeing the neem tree at my backyard in a suspicious manner. Yesterday through my window, I saw that glow in his eyes when he stood and was looking at it like someone who has just discovered a gem in his land. This tree is less than a year old, maybe it is time I start monitoring his moves around the tree, I need to preciously guide it now. It may be handy if this shit hits here. Though I pray it doesn't but I won't take chances.

Is neem tress same as dongoyaro.

If it is.

Its no longer yours
grin
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by vibre: 8:16am On Mar 31, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

Shut up and stop talking nonsense
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by porka: 8:17am On Mar 31, 2020
The media agenda failed woefully.

CNN causing hysteria and panic went into overdrive. Now that Chloroquine has shown Cononavirus less fatal, they have to try to walk back the narratives.

The world media will cleverly deviate from COVID-19 reporting in about two weeks from now.

China is responsible for this virus, but the media which made all efforts to get early reprieve by demonizing efforts to try various therapies should be held responsible also. They are complicit.
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Gullah: 8:18am On Mar 31, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

The respect is long gone, that's why their ratings are in the gutters. Go and compare CNN's ratings with other major News media and you'll see how low CNN has fallen

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:18am On Mar 31, 2020
:-
vibre:

Shut up and stop talking nonsense

Shut up too.
CNN remains one of the best media outlets world wide.Genuine news of all time.
Stop listening to Lying Trump you all were loving CNN before he became president and lied to you all.
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:22am On Mar 31, 2020
Gullah:

The respect is long gone, that's why their ratings are in the gutters. Go and compare CNN's ratings with other major News media and you'll see how low CNN has fallen
People still watch it.worldwide only Trump worshippers don't watch it and other liberal outlets but the fact still remains that CNN remains a respected media outlet and some of it's journalist are among the best and respected worldwide.
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Zuorom: 8:23am On Mar 31, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

By who?
Anybody who is an avid news follower will easily tell you that CNN has lost it. I can't even keep count of the number of times they've been caught lying in the past few years because it's too many for a news org that wants to be taken seriously.
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:26am On Mar 31, 2020
Zuorom:

Anybody who is an avid news follower will easily tell you that CNN has lost it. I can't even keep count of the number of times they've been caught lying in the past few years because it's too many for a news org that wants to be taken seriously.
I am an avid news follower and CNN has not lost it.It is because of lying Trump and his followers that are trying to discredit CNN because they know that the news media has a large audience.When Trump leaves all these brainwashing BS talk that CNN is fake news will subside.T here is no media that has not made some mistakes but to then say that they are fake is extreme because lying Trump said so.
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Gullah: 8:27am On Mar 31, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

People still watch it.worldwide only Trump worshippers don't watch it and other liberal outlets but the fact still remains that CNN remains a respected media outlet and some of it's journalist are among the best and respected worldwide.
I didn't say that no one watches CNN but when a network falls from having millions of viewers watching their news programs to thousands, are they gaining respect or losing it?
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:28am On Mar 31, 2020
Gullah:

I didn't say that no one watches CNN but when a network falls from having millions of viewers watching their news programs to thousands, are they gaining respect or losing it?
Evidence or keep quiet.

Post verifiable facts
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Gullah: 8:32am On Mar 31, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

Evidence or keep quiet.

Post verifiable facts
Just do a Google search for " latest Nielsen's ratings for TV programs" or "latest Nielsen's rating for cable news" and see how pathetic CNN has become, even food Network and cartoon Network are rated ahead of them.
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:34am On Mar 31, 2020
Gullah:

Just do a Google search for " latest Nielsen's ratings for TV programs" or "latest Nielsen's rating for cable news" and see how pathetic CNN has become, even food Network and cartoon Network are rated ahead of them.
Is Nielsen neutral or bends to the right?
Is the ratings global or for the USA alone
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Mysticwebb: 8:35am On Mar 31, 2020
sapientia:

Is neem tress same as dongoyaro.

If it is.

Its no longer yours
grin
Yes, it is dogoyaro
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:36am On Mar 31, 2020
Gullah and co see what I saw from Nielsen
Just lastweek CNN second after Fox news

Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Gullah: 8:39am On Mar 31, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

Is Nielsen neutral or bends to the right?
Is the ratings global or for the USA alone
Nielsen's aren't political, they just give you the raw data of the number of viewers watching a particular network. I just did a Google search of "CNN losing viewers" and it's really bad. Just do it and see for yourself. People are jumping ship from CNN in huge numbers
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:40am On Mar 31, 2020
Gullah:

Nielsen's aren't political, they just give you the raw data of the number of viewers watching a particular network. I just did a Google search of "CNN losing viewers" and it's really bad. Just do it and see for yourself. People are jumping ship from CNN in huge numbers
See what I saw

Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Gullah: 8:43am On Mar 31, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:
Gullah and co see what I saw from Nielsen
Just lastweek CNN second after Fox news
You can't see the irony in what you posted? If That figure posted by CNN represented a 151% jump in their viewership, what does it tell you about how far their viewership fell? A 151% increase in their viewership was only good enough for them to place 2nd behind Fox news And bet me, as soon as the coronavirus crises is over, they will be back to their medicre level
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:47am On Mar 31, 2020
Gullah:

You can't see the irony in what you posted? If That figure posted by CNN represented a 151% jump in their viewership, what does it tell you about how far their viewership fell? A 151% increase in their viewership was only good enough for them to place 2nd behind Fox news And bet me, as soon as the coronavirus crises is over, they will be back to their medicre level
Judging by March 2020 CNN ratings it is high.Fox na Trump people Trump is the president let them enjoy.
Some Americans lean to the party of their President once Trump is out the fake news narrative about CNN will fade.The ratings for CNN currently remains high and will keep soaring.So worry not.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Megatrix: 7:30am On Apr 03, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

CNN used to be number one in the world but they have turned themselves into a joke. If people want propaganda, they can tune to Fox or MSNBC. CNN used to be the go to for unbiased news and that's why they were at the top but now they have turned into a pathetic fake news Network with little credibility.
Re: Covid-19: Death Rate Lower dan Previously Report but 7times deadlier dan flu-CNN by Megatrix: 7:36am On Apr 03, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

Judging by March 2020 CNN ratings it is high.Fox na Trump people Trump is the president let them enjoy.
Some Americans lean to the party of their President once Trump is out the fake news narrative about CNN will fade.The ratings for CNN currently remains high and will keep soaring.So worry not.
CNN's ratings are not high at all, you only posted the ratings for newscasting during a coronavirus bump , this is the ratings of the top cable programmes for the 1st quarter of 2020 and CNN doesn't have a single programme in the top 20. It's embarrassing, CNN has become a joke

https://www.scribd.com/document/454237396/Basic-cable-ranker-Q1-2020-Total-Viewers

(1) (2) (Reply)

WHO Confirmed Corona Virus Airborne, As Studies Show's 8 Hours In Air / How My dad died / Closed Vagina! Please Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.