Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,889 members, 7,821,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

My Abs Light Is Always On - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Abs Light Is Always On (5646 Views)

Scan That Car B4 Buying And See Reason Y Your Check Engine Light Is On / Please Help! Abs Light Stays On After Changing Shocks. / Clean Reg Toyota Camry(tiny Light) Is SOLD!SOLD!SOLD! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Abs Light Is Always On by Manzebby: 4:04am On Dec 30, 2010
I recently bought a 1996 Honda Bullet via Cotonou. However since the delivery, the ABS light has been on whenever the engine is started. Any suggestions from the house, please?
Re: My Abs Light Is Always On by Ikenna351(m): 12:36am On Dec 31, 2010
That means the ABS is not functioning. The car break system has gone back to conventional brake. The problem could be the ABS sensors on the 4 wheels. Cleaning them might fix the problem. It could also be the ABS ECU. Meanwhile, I hope yours is not integrated ABS system? To fix that type na wahala! Anyway, check for leakage and also the ABS control Unit. Goodluck.

Ikenna.
Re: My Abs Light Is Always On by mytime2: 7:12am On Dec 31, 2010
Well its funny, in my own case, when the abs light comes on it shows the system is working, and it usually comes on after few seconds of driving the car. if it doesn't come on, my break will be hard and rigid. I use an audi though. Does it affect your breaking system?
Re: My Abs Light Is Always On by Ikenna351(m): 11:09am On Dec 31, 2010
mytime2:

Well its funny, in my own case, when the abs light comes on it shows the system is working, and it usually comes on after few seconds of driving the car. if it doesn't come on, my break will be hard and rigid. I use an audi though. Does it affect your breaking system?

When your ABS lits on your Instrument Panel, it means that something is wrong with the ABS system, not the entire brake. The brake will still function, but as a conventional brake, no longer ABS. It will return to ABS as soon as the problem is fixed.

The ABS lits on the instrument panel only when the Ignition is switched on. Once the engine starts, the light should go off. If it remains on while the engine idles or the car is in motion, then something is wrong with the ABS. Its a warning/check sign.

Your car brake been hard or rigid has nothing to do with the ABS. It is your brake booster that is faulty or about to spoil.
If you want to confirm if your ABS is still working, enter a high way, speed the car upto to 80/90km/h and floor & hold the the brake pedal down. If the wheels do not lock, then the ABS is still intack, but if otherwise, sorry man,you will need to work on the ABS.

Ikenna.
Re: My Abs Light Is Always On by bestakara: 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2010
House i am having a similar issue with my honda academy when i turn the engine on the light of my ABS comes on and goes off, then when i move the car for say 1 or 2 minute the light comes back and never goes off until i put off the engine,and as a matter of fact the ABS has started making noise when i start the engine and even on motion.I need help fast cos most mechanic i meet don"t always have anything to offer.THANKING YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANT.
Re: My Abs Light Is Always On by Ikenna351(m): 5:49pm On Dec 31, 2010
bestakara:

House i am having a similar issue with my honda academy when i turn the engine on the light of my ABS comes on and goes off, then when i move the car for say 1 or 2 minute the light comes back and never goes off until i put off the engine,and as a matter of fact the ABS has started making noise when i start the engine and even on motion.I need help fast cos most mechanic i meet don"t always have anything to offer.THANKING YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANT.

Read my first post on this thread.

Ikenna.
Re: My Abs Light Is Always On by Manzebby: 9:29pm On Dec 31, 2010
Thanks very much. Ogbuefi Ikenna. i will work on it ASAP
Re: My Abs Light Is Always On by EEL: 11:31pm On Jan 02, 2011
The ABS Unit needs to be diagnosed to know the exact cause of the problem.

We offer mobile Diagnostics Service with our Launch X431 Master Diagnostics Machine, we can help you detect and solve what the problem is even at your doorstep.

Thanks and Best Regards.

Eastside Engineering Ltd
Re: My Abs Light Is Always On by DoubleN(m): 12:54am On Jan 03, 2011
I wish this thread was up like 8 months ago. Mine came up after my Mechanic adjusted the Car's steering. Advised me to give it to a car electrician to 'Flash it'. Na so dem flash am o!since then it doesn't even come up when the car is started. DO you think i have lost my ABS?
Re: My Abs Light Is Always On by EEL: 1:02am On Jan 03, 2011
Double N:

I wish this thread was up like 8 months ago. Mine came up after my Mechanic adjusted the Car's steering. Advised me to give it to a car electrician to 'Flash it'. Na so dem flash am o!since then it doesn't even come up when the car is started. DO you think i have lost my ABS?

Your Car's ABS trigger bulb was simply removed. Not too good an idea since it wont update you on your ABS issues again.

Best Regards
Re: My Abs Light Is Always On by DoubleN(m): 1:03am On Jan 03, 2011
EEL:

Your Car's ABS trigger bulb was simply removed. Not too good an idea since it wont update you on your ABS issues again.

Best Regards
Please bros,what do you suggest can remedy this?
Re: My Abs Light Is Always On by EEL: 6:14am On Jan 03, 2011
It depends on how it was removed. If it was the bulb, one can still fix it back but some auto-technicians simply cut the supply of current to that bulb (this is worse).
Whats the Ca make/model in the first place?

Best Regards
Re: My Abs Light Is Always On by DoubleN(m): 8:25am On Jan 03, 2011
Its a 1998 Nissan Primera.

(1) (Reply)

CLEAN TOKUNBO RAV4 (WITH PICS). / 2001 Nissan Pathfinder Le(leather Seats And Interior)full Options / Shipping A Truck From Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.