Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,502 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) (1635 Views)

Wear Face-mask If You Are Over 60 Years, When Going Out - WHO (6 June 2020) / My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car / Policemen Without Face-Masks Try To Arrest Man For Not Wearing Face Mask In FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by wkkwl: 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
(CNN)World Health Organization officials Monday said they still recommend people not wear face masks unless they are sick with COVID-19 or caring for someone who is sick.

here is no specific evidence to suggest that the wearing of masks by the mass population has any potential benefit. In fact, there's some evidence to suggest the opposite in the misuse of wearing a mask properly or fitting it properly," Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO health emergency program, said at a media briefing in Geneva, Switzerland, on Monday.

Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, an infectious disease epidemiologist with the WHO, also said at Monday's briefing that it is important "we prioritize the use of masks for those who need it most," which would be frontline health care workers.
"In the community, we do not recommend the use of wearing masks unless you yourself are sick and as a measure to prevent onward spread from you if you are ill," Van Kerkhove said.
"The masks that we recommend are for people who are at home and who are sick and for those individuals who are caring for those people who are home that is sick," she said.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/30/world/coronavirus-who-masks-recommendation-trnd/index.html
Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by ican2020: 4:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
Tell them, over sabis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by BlackSpanner: 4:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
So true!!! I read that on BBC website two days ago.
Unfortunately some Nigerians take pride in wearing even dirty nose masks and dirty handkerchiefs moving about.

I even saw driving his Jeep with no one with him and was on his nose masks.

What is the essence of wearing these masks and yet still heavily cramped in a market and other public places yet to be lockdown in most crowded cities in Nigeria?

Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by Otuegbe: 4:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ok
Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by austinsmat(m): 4:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
Confusion everywhere I don the suspect this W.H.O for new world order

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by TimmyA: 4:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
Whenever an infected person sneezes into your face ... you will remember that you ought to have protected your self, but it will be too late. Listen to this medics all the time at your own peril

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by vonlogon: 4:36pm On Mar 31, 2020
austinsmat:

Me too, So people should open their nose make Corona enter fa. If the nose mask makes you feel secure why not. Frankly I don't wear but still don't discourage those that do.
Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by idealogical: 4:39pm On Mar 31, 2020
Please, I repeat, please, do not listen to WHO, they are flat out wrong. The virus is airborne and it's very easy to breathe it in right through your nose if you have any kind of mask, do not leave home without it, but why even leave home in the first place, stay indoors.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by ChristianNorth: 4:46pm On Mar 31, 2020
Listen to WHO at your peril.

Why are doctors wearing them? In fact, majority of them wear the blue nose mask most people are wearing here.

Corona doesn't infect people through direct contact rather through contact with infected droplets.

Nose mask will do these 4 things

1. It is not 100% safe but will protect you when someone coughs directly on you or you come in contact with "free floating" droplets. You only get infected if you fail to disinfect or wash the mask after each use.

2. Nose mask will prevent you from touching your mouth by reflex

3. Nose mask will prevent you from picking your nose.

4. When you wear mask your consciousness is heightened and this means you become aware when you want to touch your eyes

If the masks are not effective, then most of our doctors should have been infected by now.

Fvck WHO

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by ChristianNorth: 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
idealogical:
Please, I repeat, please, do not listen to WHO, they are flat out wrong. The virus is airborne and it's very easy to breathe it in right through your nose if you have any kind of mask, do not leave home without it, but why even leave home in the first place, stay indoors.
Through droplets though some might be floating on air.

If it is airborne, we are all dead or at best 25%
Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by GamalNasser: 4:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
Believe who at you own risk ?

Statistics has shown countries forcing the wearing of mask are more successful in stemming the spread than those who don't ....WHO seems to have an evil agenda with this Covid , we all remember when they decieved people that COVID couldn't be spread from person to person , an announcement that was part of the things that allowed COVID to spread fast

Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by helinues: 4:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
Something wey be say na new fashion style
Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by koffsman(m): 4:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
Why are they confuse no be them say make we use am now they are making U - turn again what's their P gan gan
Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by ChristianNorth: 4:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
GamalNasser:

Statistics has shown countries forcing ymthe wearing of mask are more successful in steaming the spread than those who don't ....WHO seems to have an evil agenda with this Covid , we all remember when they decieved people that COVID couldn't be spread from person to person , an announcement that was part of the things that allowed COVID to spread fast
You are wise.

I don't take those fulls serious.

They deceived us initially with their "COVID don't spread from person to person" and they won't again.

Again, it took them ages to declare the virus a pandemic despite the global plea.

Who is WHO?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by helinues: 4:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
GamalNasser:

Statistics has shown countries forcing ymthe wearing of mask are more successful in steaming the spread than those who don't ....WHO seems to have an evil agenda with this Covid , we all remember when they decieved people that COVID couldn't be spread from person to person , an announcement that was part of the things that allowed COVID to spread fast

W.H.O is now your problem not Buhari again?
Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:54pm On Mar 31, 2020
Whether we wear a face mask or not, may we not be a victim of it.
To those that have been tested positive, i wish them quick recovery.
#StaySafe.
Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by ChristianNorth: 4:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
helinues:

W.H.O is now your problem not Buhari again?

Yoruba Soleimani follower, don't bring politics into this
Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by ivolt: 4:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
Lies.
WHO is telling people not to wear facemasks because they want it exclusively used by medical personnel only
because of shortage in Europe.

Face mask worked in Asia, there is no reason why it wouldn't work elsewhere.
Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
idealogical:
Poverty-stricken or/and homeless people can't remain indoors.
Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by Racoon(m): 4:58pm On Mar 31, 2020
shocked Abeg mask and protect yourself.
Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by wkkwl: 5:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
LOL
Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by culf: 5:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nigerians will not hear, until they cause another problem for themselves.
Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by FUNNYBONE1(m): 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
Believe those idiots at your own peril. Wthesame fools that said covid-19 does not spread from human to human, thesame fools that has bluntly refused to approve hydroxylchloroquine as cure to covid-19 despite its proven effectiveness as attested to by dr Zelenko and co, the idiots rather prefer to tell us not to wear mask, for real? W.H.O I HOPE UNA NO GET ANOTHER PLAN APART FROM NEW WORLD ORDER?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
austinsmat:
Who are very confuse fellow?
Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by sapientia(m): 8:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
Come WHO.

Why speaking both sides of your mouth?

You said those caring for sick ones should wear it, what if don't know the next person's status due to absense of test labs (Nigeria have only 6 nationwide with hope of making it 13 by next week).

This means we have no way of knowing who has it.

If Nigeria mandated wearing of face mask since Jan, we might have low case of coronovirus now since chances of contacting it will be low.

As an Applied Biochemist, I urge you all to disgregard this information and wear your face mask if you have one especially when leaving your house.. Add disposable glove too

Let me repost this pix someone above posted.

Re: COVID-19: Stop Wearing Face Mask If Your Are Not Sick-(WHO) by chi4ik(m): 10:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
List to WHO at your peril. WHO just like UN and amnesty international always like and pray for bad news across the globe because that is what makes them popular. Nonsense.

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19 Dead Bodies, In Black Bags, Taking Away From Yaba Isolation Centre -vid / Cancer Patient Debbie Osarere Idiagbonya Last Moment Photos / Ubth Doctors Begin Indefinite Strike Action Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.