Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,535 members, 7,816,305 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order (72020 Views)

In Nigeria; Ghost (masquerade) Arrested For Not Following Social Distance[VIDEO] / Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down / Masquerade Falls Into A Drainage While Walking On The Road (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by larryplaytv(m): 5:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
A colourful masquerade has been arrested by the police for defying the government’s directive on mass gatherings.

The masquerade after being arrested, couldn’t hold back tears after realizing the problem he has entered.

Ogun state had effected stay-at-home measures as part of measures to stop the spread of coronavirus.

The masquerade was apprehended after it confronted the policemen and threatened to deal with them if they dispersed his followers.

The arrest was contained in a statement on Monday by Policeman spokesman, Abimbola Oyeyemi.

The said masquerade was nabbed at Ijeja area of Abeokuta following a complaint from residents.

Oyeyemi noted that:-

“Upon the report, policemen from Ibara Division moved to the area and warned the people to disperse but the masequrade confronted the policemen and threatened to deal with them if they insist on dispersing his followers.

“The masequrade was subsequently arrested and taken to the station where he was warned to be law-abiding before he was released to a reliable surety”, he added.

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by CoronaVirusPro: 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
It's finished!

What an insult.

Diluted masquerade who is only out for profit making.

If it were my ancestors masquerade, would have used the police force and military combined for circus.

How dare you challenge the great ones that protected you even before you got your Western religion.

He should be made to face the law for impersonation. And traditional rulers need to face-out all this powerless masquerades as they are insulting the tradition.

179 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by Juell(m): 5:58pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ha! Ancestor is just a boy O!

214 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by Garrieveryday: 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ancestor is not afraid of Corona Virus.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by Shellsploit: 6:00pm On Mar 31, 2020
Finally egungun don cross third mainland bridge.
That masquerade looks like a famous Nairaland moderator.

403 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by GOFRONT(m): 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
The kind of calamity wen dey befall our Egungun nowadays, Even Egungun sef dey surprise.

Egungun wen nor dey hear word......

We don tell am, him no hear

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by RiyaGoddess(f): 6:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
Hahahahaha police jam egungun for express
When I was a child/teenager, my age mates and I saw egungun as a small god and we were always afraid of them. I can never forget one egungun that chased me with his cane till I fell into the gutter.
Years passed & what we have today on the street is hustling egungun going about begging for money.
Oh one cool egungun stopped my friend and I at Onitsha drinks market. He spoke so well that we gave him something...

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by Inzaghi19: 6:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
True definition of "Egungun becareful "

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by larryplaytv(m): 6:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
Inzaghi19:
True definition of "Egungun becareful "

Abi

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by iamDrRhymes(m): 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2020
and the gods wept

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by ainas247: 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
undecided Egungun be careful na express you dey go
Egungun be careful na express you dey go
Motor Go Jam yOu
Edon Happen
I don Tell am

Edon FINALLY Happen

----------
Lets customer find you on Google
I do Pro SEO for a website and I teach SEO
chat me up

7 Likes

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by sotall(m): 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
grin
Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by Onyekachi419(f): 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
Motor don jam this one grin

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by VillageHead: 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by DriggityDre: 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
It's finished!

What an insult.

Diluted masquerade who is only out for profit making.

If it were my ancestors masquerade, would have used the police force and military combined for circus.

How dare you challenge the great ones that protected you even before you got your Western religion.

He should be made to face the law for impersonation. And traditional rulers need to face-out all this powerless masquerades as they are insulting the tradition.
Because nothing happened to them, he is fake. Call your ancestors' own, they will be detained and whipped alongside him

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by sam4noow(m): 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
w
Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by Astrologyfact: 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
grin
Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by MelesZanawi: 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
Motor don jam am...

1 Like

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by Olanrefront3355(m): 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
E don happen grin

Motor don jam am grin
Olopa don carry am grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by istina: 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
Egungun be careful

Na corona lane you dey!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by NightFood: 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
Egungu wasn't careful at all now they have stripped him naked. Motor go really jam you today

13 Likes

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by jimmyolasun: 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
egungun
Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by Eagleboney(m): 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
Taboo!
Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
Hahaahaa, Egunegun started crying? I used to be so scared of them as a child

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by CoronaVirusPro: 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
DriggityDre:

Because nothing happened to them, he is fake. Call your ancestors' own, they will be detained and whipped alongside him

Okay.
Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by mayklef(m): 7:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
Egungun wasnt careful afta Obesere's Warmning
Hit like if u believe Mother Nature cud'nt withstand Liverpoolwining d EPL so d only solution Covid19

1 Like

Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by david22uu(m): 7:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
Egungun be careful na express you dey go
Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by tempem: 7:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by 1beat(m): 7:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
bad Market
Re: Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order by linearity: 7:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
I hope his surety was also a masquerade from the spirit world?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oluwo Of Iwo And Queen Firdaus Step Out Together For The First Time (Pics) / Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.