Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers (48432 Views)

Coronavirus: We Will Release Policy On Face Masks This Week – NCDC DG / Sex Workers Evicted From Benin Hotel Over Fear Of Spreading Coronavirus / Coronavirus: "We Are In Uncharted Territory" - Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by msmon(m): 10:40pm On Mar 31, 2020
The National Coordinator, Nigeria Sex Workers Association, Amaka Enemo, says sex workers in the country have been forced to suspend activities, especially in Lagos and Abuja due to the lockdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Enemo told The PUNCH on Tuesday that although sex workers offer “essential services” they will remain indoors because their services involve “substantial bodily contact”.

She said the association had been able to sensitise its members to the dangers of COVID-19.

The national coordinator said, “There is sensitisation across the country including within our network. Sex workers also offer essential services. However, there is no way sex workers can do their work without body contact. So, they are staying at home to watch what happens.

“The government has announced a lockdown and as law-abiding citizens, we will not flout the law. If the government says sit at home, we will all obey because nobody wants to die.

“We fall under essential services but ours is peculiar because of the nature of body contact. You cannot compare it to doctors because the doctors are not making full body contact with people the way we do.”

When asked whether only ‘street operations’ had been suspended and if private home services could continue, Enemo said the decision of the association was that “all activities be put on hold”.

The national coordinator said, “The lockdown affects street workers and those at home equally. For the sake of their health, they should all stay at home and avoid bodily contact. So, we stay at home but we are sharing materials that will keep them safe.”

When asked to evaluate the financial impact of the lockdown on sex workers, Enemo said it was the same effect artisans were facing.

She, however, said it was better to protect one’s health.

Enemo added, “Of course it is going to affect them financially but sex workers are not the only ones that make money on a daily basis. It is the same for commercial drivers. Of course, they might have their savings but that does not mean it will not affect them. It is affecting everybody so sex workers are not exempted.”

The national coordinator said her association would accept donations from the government or private sector as this would reduce the impact of the lockdown on members.

“If they are willing to help, we will accept it. It is lockdown. Our business is affected,” Enemo added.

https://punchng.com/covid-19-were-suspending-services-for-now-sex-workers/?amp=1

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 31, 2020
grin

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by msmon(m): 10:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
Enemo told The PUNCH on Tuesday that although sex workers offer “essential services” they will remain indoors because their services involve “substantial bodily contact”.

This part for me rolling �

Kindly follow me on Twitter @officialMON33!

18 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by ValCon888: 10:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
Even olosho dey close shop.
Nothing Corona no go see for virus.

255 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by Iyiataata92: 10:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
As a mum, how would you feel if you hear that your daughter is the national coordinator of Nigeria Olosho Association?
I'm serious oo

384 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by GamalNasser: 10:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
The first time in human history Olosho is suspending service

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by Chidexter(m): 10:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
Its terrific news, giving rest to your Privates from the natural stuff, thereby leading to the restoration of its default settings. This is however dependent on the ability to abstain and not seek unnatural forms of pleasure.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by joelbooks: 10:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
msmon:
Follow me on Twitter @officialMON33!

Follow you on Twitter...for what? Nairaland is the playground for real men not Twitter beggers for giveaway

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by dawnomike(m): 10:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
No please don't suspend it... continue till you catch the virusgrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by inoki247: 10:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
Dem get spokesperson

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by Iyiataata92: 10:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
inoki247:
Dem get spokesperson
Dem get 'national coordinator'
Dem get 'network'
But my problem is that they should ''stay at home''. Which home? The roadside, brothel or the customer's home?
I don't understand

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by Ezemust: 10:54pm On Mar 31, 2020
Atumungege

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by Beckysexy(f): 11:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
ValCon888:
Even olosho dey close shop.
It's time to work from home grin

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by Beckysexy(f): 11:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
dawnomike:
No please don't suspend it... continue grin
Why? grin
Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by ValCon888: 11:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
Beckysexy:

It's time to work from home grin
Whose home grin
Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by bestpunterever: 11:36pm On Mar 31, 2020
And who said ibo people have been marginalized?
Amaka Enemo is the National cordinator of sex workers.

280 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by Hyperchi(m): 12:02am On Apr 01, 2020
ValCon888:

Whose home grin

Ur House da free, and tell that gal WA u carry last night say make she no go out,
I know you go like am
Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by gabi98(m): 12:37am On Apr 01, 2020
coronavirus na real spoiler
Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by Ruggedniggaone: 12:50am On Apr 01, 2020
Igbo amaka,awon developers na them dey develop Lagos with thier Lagos Ibadan express way pussyy

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by sammyj: 12:54am On Apr 01, 2020
Una for konrinu Koro knows no one ooo!!! grin
Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by Burchester: 12:54am On Apr 01, 2020
Lol
Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by CrudeSon: 1:48am On Apr 01, 2020
And all of you believed this trash as real news,this is fake

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by exclusive2019: 2:21am On Apr 01, 2020
You should have continued to spread the virus, STUPID ASSOCIATION

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by inoki247: 2:39am On Apr 01, 2020
Iyiataata92:

Dem get 'national coordinator'
Dem get 'network'
But my problem is that they should ''stay at home''. Which home? The roadside, brothel or the customer's home?
I don't understand

Lol dem fit stay for where the Lockdown lock dem e fit b client house cool sad

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by DriggityDre: 3:03am On Apr 01, 2020
So enemo na the National p!mp?
Mad o

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by jericco1(m): 3:23am On Apr 01, 2020
People still patronise sex workers? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by oboy81: 4:20am On Apr 01, 2020
i hear You
Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by helinues: 6:02am On Apr 01, 2020
Don't suspend it..

Mumu people
Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by Assonite(m): 6:22am On Apr 01, 2020
Which branch is suspending it... or is it nationwide?��...... How will my friend Monday survive this sexual lockdown ��‍♂️

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: We Are Suspending Services – Sex Workers by temptnow: 7:59am On Apr 01, 2020
What's worse than the STD you people are making men pay for

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Docs Please Help What Is Happening To Me / Shehu Sani: If Kano Is Not Safe, No State Is Safe / 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.