Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

What To Do With My Landlord - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What To Do With My Landlord (670 Views)

My Landlord And I / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment / Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do With My Landlord by lytech1(m): 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2020
I av dis troublesome landlord who dictate everything i do.
countless of rules which i ws nt told before entering the house (where i should fetch water,the route i should path,visitors are not allowed to sleep in my house except my approved gf,fixed payment of phcn&security bill,payment of my house rent 1month to expiration)

he always threaten me to vacate his house each time i go against his rules but i always beg to stay.
am to renew my rent on the 29th of feb 2020.
Exactly that day,i got a sms on my phone to vacate my room

the next day,he served me a quit notice stating i shld vacate d room in 3months time(may 31)
i didnt go to him to ask what happened nor plead. 3days later,he called to ask for phcn&security bill. I told him i wil pay wen i av,he want me to be precised,bt i decline.
4days later,he disconnect d electricity entering my room.

i pretend nothing happened.
wit covid19,am nt sure i can raise d money to gt another house by may 31.
pls what can i do shld incase he start his wahala by then
thanx
Re: What To Do With My Landlord by lytech1(m): 12:11pm On Apr 02, 2020
Note: i always pay him as at when due.
Re: What To Do With My Landlord by chatinent: 12:27pm On Apr 02, 2020
You caused it, you started with begging. You pay rents and deserve to be respected. No one should threaten you even if you feel you are less important to them. Strictly tell him you also have your rules. If he threatens you with 'leave my house,' threaten him to paste a quit notice. It fears them, because it must always be a minimum of six months.

1 Like

Re: What To Do With My Landlord by lytech1(m): 12:56pm On Apr 02, 2020
chatinent:
You caused it, you started with begging. You pay rents and deserve to be respected. No one should threaten you even if you feel you are less important to them. Strictly tell him you also have your rules. If he threatens you with 'leave my house,' threaten him to paste a quit notice. It fears them, because it must always be a minimum of six months.
i av 3mnths to vacate the house.
i intend leaving coz am tired of the house,bt this stay at home thing is affecting me.
i jst want to knw wat to do if he lock my room after 3month.,coz as thgs stand,i cant raise money to gt a new apartment 4 nw

(1) (Reply)

For Sale: Building Strictly For Commercial Purposes In Lekki Phase 1, Lagos / Genesis Court Ajah (very Beautiful Residential Estate) / Room And Palor To Let At Akoka Yaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.