Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm (2156 Views)

Finally Let Go Of My 2003 Accord! / My 2003 Camry Automatic Gear Problem / I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm by Khalifa99(m): 10:05pm On Apr 02, 2020
It all happened like this

My car gasket got burn due to the fact water went dry in my radiator

I got the gasket fix
After that the car would vibrate while doing slow

So my mech told it was my car coil

We both found out two of the coil was bad

Got it fixed

And the slow was smooth

But now if I try to rev the car it won’t go over 3000 rpm or 2800rpm no matter how hard I push it to the pedal

And also if I rev while driving once it get to 3000rpm it would just go out and I would have to start it again.
Now my mech said It is my injector that I would have to wash it and clean it.That I shd bring it in tommrrow
Please pardon my English
Re: Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm by EkoErrands: 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
Khalifa99:
It all happened like this

My car gasket got burn due to the fact water went dry in my radiator

I got the gasket fix
After that the car would vibrate while doing slow

So my mech told it was my car coil

We both found out two of the coil was bad

Got it fixed

And the slow was smooth

But now if I try to rev the car it won’t go over 3000 rpm or 2800rpm no matter how hard I push it to the pedal

And also if I rev while driving once it get to 3000rpm it would just go out and I would have to start it again.
Now my mech said It is my injector that I would have to wash it and clean it.That I shd bring it in tommrrow
Please pardon my English

My brother pls if you had money to buy Toyota then you should have money to buy a bluetooth OBD scanner for maximum of 5k and download the app on play store and scan your vehicle. It may be your Mass Air Flow Sensor. MAFS.

If it is then you have to clean it with a MAF cleaner...please and please don't use carburetor cleaner to clean your MAFS.

2 Likes

Re: Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm by kernniejay(m): 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
I am sure the car will show a Check Engine light. Go and run a scan/diagnosis on the car to know where exactly the problem is, stop doing guess work or trial and error.

1 Like

Re: Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm by Franzinni: 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2020
air flow meter bros...

case study nah beemer sha...but had same problem ... i changed the airflow meter the beast woke up again!
Re: Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm by Khalifa99(m): 11:59pm On Apr 02, 2020
Where can I get the scanner please?
Re: Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm by Khalifa99(m): 12:03am On Apr 03, 2020
Franzinni:
air flow meter bros...

case study nah beemer sha...but had same problem ... i changed the airflow meter the beast woke up again!

How much did it cost you sir?

And also is the replacement new or tokunbo?
Re: Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm by EkoErrands: 12:28am On Apr 03, 2020
Khalifa99:
Where can I get the scanner please?

jiji

But shine your eyes and make sure it's the bluetooth version you buy. Don't buy the wifi type the stress is too much.
Re: Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm by Khalifa99(m): 12:30am On Apr 03, 2020
EkoErrands:

jiji

But shine your eyes and make sure it's the bluetooth version you buy. Don't buy the wifi type the stress is too much.

Thank you bro
How much is the mass airflow sensor cleaner sold?
Re: Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm by EkoErrands: 12:31am On Apr 03, 2020
Khalifa99:

Thank you bro
How much is the mass airflow sensor cleaner sold?

I also saw it on jiji for 4k or so
Re: Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm by Khalifa99(m): 12:33am On Apr 03, 2020
EkoErrands:

I also saw it on jiji for 4k or so

Thank you so much

I went on YouTube and saw a how to know if the sensor is bad or not..I would check first thing in the morning tommrrow and leave feed back here
Thank you everybody..God bless you
Re: Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm by Franzinni: 3:58am On Apr 03, 2020
Khalifa99:

How much did it cost you sir?

And also is the replacement new or tokunbo?
Tokunbo son need to buy yet if your car can is at the mechanic then I think you can negotiate for your Mech to go get one and test or even clean yours sometimes a little dirt here and there can block the sensor
Re: Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm by Khalifa99(m): 8:41am On Apr 03, 2020
Franzinni:
Tokunbo son need to buy yet if your car can is at the mechanic then I think you can negotiate for your Mech to go get one and test or even clean yours sometimes a little dirt here and there can block the sensor

Thank You
Re: Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm by Khalifa99(m): 8:44am On Apr 03, 2020
Good morning everybody
I saw a video on YouTube on how to know if my Air mass flow is fault or not

I followed the instructions on the video
In the video it was said

I shd keep the car running and then try to remove the cable connected to it
If the air mass flow is Good my car would stop running.And if after I removed it if it is bad it would keep running
And indeed it stopped running

I would be waiting for everybody’s advice before I do a thing then
Thank you all for your swift support
Re: Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm by kaziem(m): 7:52pm On Apr 03, 2020
It is best to get the car scanned especially if it already has the Check Engine light on.

Another thing u can check is the silencer/exhaust. Are u sure it is not blocked (most probably with expired Catalytic converter)? If it is blocked, the engine will not be able to breathe fully thus your rpm will not go up. I have this experience with a 2003 corolla. A quick confirmation of this is to open your hood/bonnet, screw out and remove the O2 sensor from the exhaust manifold (using 22 spanner). The vehicle should sound up with high rpm now if the fault is a blocked exhaust.

I hope this help.

1 Like

Re: Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm by Khalifa99(m): 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
Thank you Everybody

It was my Ignition coil that was faulty

Got my car scanned

Changed the coil and all my 4 plugs

Now my car drives faster than before...lol

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual / Useful Info About Toyota Camry 1997, 1998 And 1999 Model For A First Timer / Russian Student Pimps Her Mercedes With 1 Million Swarovski Crystals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.