Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

M.i's New Album I Need Your Comments - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M.i's New Album I Need Your Comments (3720 Views)

Poll: HOT OR NOT

YES: 66% (4 votes)
NO: 16% (1 vote)
JUST THERE: 16% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

M.I New Single "APATA" / M.i New Song God Bless You / M.i New Album (talk About It) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

M.i's New Album I Need Your Comments by gohome: 12:36am On Dec 31, 2010
[b][/b]
Generally very solid production, quality sound engineering and mastering…….whoever manned the boards did an excellent jobs. With good speakers/headphones; you can pick out most instruments/synths. Tracks are also complementary to his vocals. MI has very good delivery and solid mic presence.

All the guest rappers are wack. I understand looking out for your boys, however those kids are wack and even more so when compared to you. Next time, please put them all on a mixtape and throw them a bone (verse), just not on your album.

The patois song was a-okay. That was a risk, got the general language structure, but bungled the lexicon and phonology. Also too much code switching between English and “patois”. Big up for the risk though.

The movie theme is horrendous, why in the world is there a Rent-a-Italian who sounds like a Jewish guy that lives in Bay Bridge (BK); fakes a Jersey accent but is really from Connecticut. That was lame. The skits (save the Igbo guy) are very dumb. Cutting those out, the songs featuring your home boys + the Timaya track and a couple of fillers will have given a solid 12-track effort no BS.

Lyrically, no one is touching M.I right now, all you other rappers especially you Yankee repatriates (aka can’t cut it in NY, let me go to Gidi as see if my BS will fly); get your pen and paper and take notes. MI’s vocab is on point, lyrics and flow superb. Excellent delivery, good command of language and commanding mic presence. Again you wannabe rappers (if you rap in English), take some lessons, go to school, study a dictionary or kill yourself. Tired of hearing your wackness on the radio. Dude said ‘am loving all the drama, I’m a thespian’ – None of you touching M.I. right now.

The most impressive aspect of the album is how Nigeria centered it is. Rarely is there a Yankee reference on this album (I do love the line: train these dudes n*cca – grand station). When dude says ‘It’s dark inside my cupboard (notice how he did not say closet) or they can’t keep up, they need glucose; I can relate. Again all you wannabe repat rappers take note, talking about your foreign lives will not get you fans. We don’t care. We are onto your bs, notice how Debanj, TuFace, PSquare(I know they are not rappers) gross the most. It is because we can relate. So keep up your nonsense, your aje-butter fans will come out to Swe and Tribeca but you cannot rock national stadium or get lucrative corporate endorsement. Putting you on how to really eat in this game kids.

Big kudos for addressing the painful religious violence in Jos in Wild Wild West, and other social ills on My belle/head.

Features: Tuface and girl on One Naira, solid on their chorus. Praise(the John Legend sounding dude) was good too. Hope he really just sounds like Legend and not trying to cop Mr Stephen’s style but regardless; he will do well singing hooks
Flavor was the best, dude absolutely murdered his track and MI flow was tight.

Killer Tracks – Epic, Number One
Best Tracks – Wild Wild West, Undisputed, Imperfect Me
Good Tracks – Action Films, Slow Down, Nobody, Beef, My Belle, One Naira, Unstoppable
Gabbage – Anybody, Craze, Represent (MI verse was dope though), Somebody want to die

Re: M.i's New Album I Need Your Comments by yoji: 8:10am On Dec 31, 2010
Very impressive album especially in an era where creativity is being overlooked these days. Rarely will u c a rap album so diverse with sumtin for everyone and yet remain true to its theme of naija hiphop.
He has managed to create a middle gound for nnaija rap music. Before u were either too distanced from d audience cos of xcess yankiness or abstract lyricsm OR too local wit pidgeon littered wackness. But he has found d perfect middleground wit this effort.
Re: M.i's New Album I Need Your Comments by gohome: 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2010
Before u were either too distanced from d audience cos of xcess yankiness or abstract lyricsm [quote][/quote] word!
Re: M.i's New Album I Need Your Comments by MrMurdah: 6:46pm On Dec 31, 2010
M.I.'s album was a dope album.

A show of maturation and lyrical advancement.

Though his concept of calling it M.I.2 The Movie was shoddy, hardly made sense.

Top tracks

1. Action Film

2. Undisputed

3. One Naira

4. Wild Wild West

5. Beef

6. Craze

Best Album of the year alongside Asa's.
Re: M.i's New Album I Need Your Comments by COCCI(m): 6:53am On Jan 03, 2011
meeeeeeeeeen,  I listened to the album once and I got hooked to it,
best for me are:
1. Action film
2.Slow down
3.Number one
4.Nobody
5.Wild wild west
6.My head my belle
7.One Naira
8.Craze,

In summmary its dope and better than his first album cheesy
Re: M.i's New Album I Need Your Comments by Blackteeth(m): 5:00pm On Jan 03, 2011
Abeg is the album fully out in the streets and pirated?
Re: M.i's New Album I Need Your Comments by loomy(m): 12:51am On Jan 04, 2011
D guy stil nd a lot of impruvment in his lyrics,d aspect of makin sense,gud rhymes tho.
da vinci mode is beta.
Re: M.i's New Album I Need Your Comments by alanrewaju: 8:17am On Jan 04, 2011
On point! Undisputed Number1 still Unstoppable.
Re: M.i's New Album I Need Your Comments by Kinezeala(m): 10:36am On Jan 04, 2011
M.i definately the dopest n fliest rapper i've known . .d guy's 2 gud abeg . . .he cn spit and fit in any kinda sng ,if calypso or makosa.
Re: M.i's New Album I Need Your Comments by aiknil: 9:27pm On Apr 13, 2012
I can tell that M.I gets better everyday. I loved the MI2 and he had lines that were award contenders, but then M.I came up with this new track M.I ft Phenom 6 foot 7 foot listen and enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhkI5k1L568
Re: M.i's New Album I Need Your Comments by Stephxoblessed(f): 2:54am On Nov 02, 2014
Re: M.i's New Album I Need Your Comments by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 02, 2014
Mi is d wackest rapper for nigeriaaclick like if u agree

(1) (Reply)

Translation Of Efejoku By Lil Kesh / Any House Music Listeners On Nairaland? / Lyrics:m.i – 6 Foot, 7 Foot Feat. Phenom : >fireeee!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.