Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Alibaba And The 500 Ventilators. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alibaba And The 500 Ventilators. (345 Views)

COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister / COVID-19: Innoson Ready To Produce Ventilators & Medical Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alibaba And The 500 Ventilators. by Ekpeitut: 9:49am On Apr 03, 2020
Apologies to die hard Buhari fans but this is beyond partisanship I believe Nigeria (which sadly is my country too) is truly a laughing stock and the butt of every joke in the 21st century. I mean how can a country that isn't self sufficient despite being endowed with enormous natural and human resources be so wasteful?

You spend so much to service a recurrent expenditures budget that isn't taking the nation forward. One would have thought in perilous times as these the elites/president/senators/reps members would have pushed for severe cost cutting measures/ policies like reducing the amount used to service our "democracy" i.e paying thieving politicians.

Imagine a whole ministry of finance Alibaba of the "giant of Africa" begging Elon musk of Tesla for 500 ventilators (imagine the foolishness as in ehn the guy would laugh and roll on the floor)when they just took delivery of over one hundred 2020 exotic cars and have no concrete plan or strategy in place to expend all the billions received in donations from businessmen and cooperate bodies in Nigeria.

Our politicians think they are very smart, see ehn Elon musk wouldn't send a finger battery to Nigeria when he knows it will surely end in the pocket of one corrupt official. Other countries like the EU and USA are only donating to Nigeria because we are seen as an unnecessary burden and for posterity's sake should things spiral out of control with covid 19.

Aso rock can't boast of a single functional hospital to cater for the needs of these greedy and backward thinking lot. If this isn't a wake up call to all the leaders to change their ways then I believe there is something fundamentally wrong with Nigeria.
Re: Alibaba And The 500 Ventilators. by ehbellsho(m): 10:12am On Apr 03, 2020
will they ever learn?

(1) (Reply)

Coping With Covid-19 The Akwa Ibom Way / Anambra Woman Develops COVID-19 Cure / A Coronavirus Survivor's Story: 'I Touched Death'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.