Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:27 AM

300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? (1984 Views)

How To Send Free Messages On MTN / How To Send Free Messages On MTN / Get Free 500MB Data For All Mtn Subscribers, Activate Yours Now, 2018. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 03, 2020
So yesterday I discovered I could send 300 free messages on MTN. And I was like seriously?

My first surprise was the fact that MTN did not even send messages to subscribers about the offer. An act I believe was meant so a lot of people won't which will reduce usage.

Again, why give free SMS in this era of Social Media? Even a 50MB free data a day would have made more sense.

So what's your thought?

Shouldn't we call MTN out?

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun

2 Likes

Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by Hero10001: 11:58am On Apr 03, 2020
Very bad. 1 still have 293 left.

2 Likes

Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by joeferrari(m): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2020
That's to tell you that these telcos don't think of their consumers, how many people still uses sms in this Era of social media, and mostly in this time of locked down. I believe they can improve on it

1 Like

Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
smiley
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by new2012: 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
Things are hard. Life is hard.. But why do we always expect free things from others.

What's have we given to those we are better than?

This is not compulsion, its free will. No company owe you, no artist owe you, u don't own them either

If the company, that is equally suffering under the issue chose to give or not, its at their prerogative.

When we expect things from others compulsorily, ain't that theft?

3 Likes

Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by samsard(m): 2:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
Entitlement mentality

1 Like

Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by edoairways: 3:54pm On Apr 03, 2020
So yesterday I discovered I could send 300 free messages on MTN. And I was like seriously?

That offer is fair enough
[quote]My first surprise was the fact that MTN did not even send messages to subscribers about the offer.
MTN had sent messages informing them of this offer.
An act I believe was meant so a lot of people won't which will reduce usage
What do you mean?.

Again, why give free SMS in this era of Social Media? Even a 50MB free data a day would have made more sense
SMS is still relevant because not all Nigerians are using smartphones. Aside that you have free access to NCDC website
So what's your thought?

Shouldn't we call MTN out?[/
No
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by Flashh: 4:06pm On Apr 03, 2020
MTN isn't the cause of Convid-19, and not the one who said you shouldn't go out to work for the money to buy data.

Stop being ungrateful.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2020
new2012:
Things are hard. Life is hard.. But why do we always expect free things from others.

What's have we given to those we are better than?

This is not compulsion, its free will. No company owe you, not artist owe you, u don't own them either

If the company, that is equally suffering under the issue chose to give or not, its at their prerogative.

When be expect things from others compulsorily, ain't that theft?

So the companies elsewhere in the world that have done it for the citizens of their host country owe the citizens?

1 Like

Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
edoairways:
It's obvious you work for MTN.

1 Like

Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by edoairways: 4:32pm On Apr 03, 2020
Awol1:

It's obvious you work for MTN.
I don't work for them. Mind you airtel is offering the same package
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by new2012: 8:41pm On Apr 03, 2020
Awol1:

So the companies elsewhere in the world that have done it for the citizens of their host country owe the citizens?

It's their choice to.. People like you want to force others to give you stuffs they own.

Its freewill, not debt. Because others are doing it doesn't mean they must do it.

Canadian govt is giving out 4kCAD to citizens out of job per month, why didn't the US follow suite at same value? The US chose to do 1k USD. Your govt choose to do 80USD to the poor as claimed.

Get over it. Nobody owe you nothing in this life, create your path
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by new2012: 8:45pm On Apr 03, 2020
edoairways:

I don't work for them. Mind you airtel is offering the same package

I'm legit scared for our society. Teenagers believe others owe them.

Why we believe others owe us because they are doing well scares me shirtless.

Even if they choose to do nothing for anybody, we can't complain.. They pay tax, the govt hound them.. So they owe nobody, they pay their bills too.

I fear for our society, the youths believe those doing well owes them, that's the first ingredient for theft and kidnappings, our society looks doomed

2 Likes

Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by edoairways: 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2020
new2012:

I'm legit scared for our society. Teenagers believe others owe them.

Why we believe others owe us because they are doing well scares me shirtless.

Even if they choose to do nothing for anybody, we can't complain.. They pay tax, the govt hound them.. So they owe nobody, they pay their bills too.

I fear for our society, the youths believe those doing well owes them, that's the first ingredient for theft and kidnappings, our society looks doomed
Hmmm!
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 04, 2020
new2012:

It's their choice to.. People like you want to force others to give you stuffs they own.

Its freewill, not debt. Because others are doing it doesn't mean they must do it.

Canadian govt is giving out 4kCAD to citizens out of job per month, why didn't the US follow suite at same value? The US chose to do 1k USD. Your govt choose to do 80USD to the poor as claimed.

Get over it. Nobody owe you nothing in this life, create your path

You think it's about me?

You think I beg?

Or that I've got entitlement mentality?

Are you any different from Buhari zombies who think everyone opposing Buhari is corrupt?

It's a fallacious conclusion my dear.

1 Like

Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by new2012: 8:49am On Apr 04, 2020
Awol1:

You think it's about me?

You think I beg?

Or that I've got entitlement mentality?

Are you any different from Buhari zombies who think everyone opposing Buhari is corrupt?

It's a fallacious conclusion my dear.

Bro, you're very far from understanding.

What has Buhari got to do with this? So for any argument you have to bring Buhari into it.. Can't you have a discourse without bringing Buhari that isn't even there? No leadership clue and no physical presence but he's the only defence you've got. Shame on you.

If you believe someone doing well owes you because you ain't doing well, then you are a thief.. Period!

The company you abhor has done what they deem fit. They don't owe u, they have competition, if you hate them, use their competitor.

Someone like you will do nothing for people you're better than but curse, insult and attack people better than u for not doing anything for u.

1 Like

Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by bmdmixer: 11:39am On Apr 04, 2020
wat else u want? gullon alert
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2020
new2012:

Bro, you're very far from understanding.

What has Buhari got to do with this? So for any argument you have to bring Buhari into it.. Can't you have a discourse without bringing Buhari that isn't even there? No leadership clue and no physical presence but he's the only defence you've got. Shame on you.

If you believe someone doing well owes you because you ain't doing well, then you are a thief.. Period!

The company you abhor has done what they deem fit. They don't owe u, they have competition, if you hate them, use their competitor.

Someone like you will do nothing for people you're better than but curse, insult and attack people better than u for not doing anything for u.

Lol.

Let me spread this sheet for you.

I don't beg. Never. Not even for penny.

I do not think anybody doing better than I am owes me jack. I should work my f**cking a55 off for the things I want. The world owes me nothing. Not even my father nor my siblings. If anybody does anything for anyone it is purely out of benevolence.

I understand these...

But it doesn't justify MTN giving us 300 free SMS in an era of WhatsApp, Facebook and their likes. Who still sends SMS? You wanna remind me of those who do not have those apps? The question therefore is, should they focus on pleasing the village or poorer population of the divide who constitute a very infinitesimal amount of revenue to their overall gross earnings or shouldn't they rather work to please the urban population who recharge heavily and also subscribe to data?

Now, when juxtaposed with what telecom companies elsewhere in the world have done, even in some African countries, you would realize how shameful it is to argue for them except you were paid to do it.

Granted, MTN as a private organization that pays its tax, owes the govt nothing, but does owe its subscribers that demonstration of care in this trying time. It's a motivation for customers. That they care. Why not give bonuses especially for data. We are in a digital age for crying out loud, while MTN decided to give us analogue bonus, yet you come to defend them?
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by new2012: 5:52pm On Apr 04, 2020
Awol1:

Lol.

Let me spread this sheet for you.

I don't beg. Never. Not even for penny.

I do not think anybody doing better than I am owes me jack. I should work my f**cking a55 off for the things I want. The world owes me nothing. Not even my father nor my siblings. If anybody does anything for anyone it is purely out of benevolence.

I understand these...

But it doesn't justify MTN giving us 300 free SMS in an era of WhatsApp, Facebook and their likes. Who still sends SMS? You wanna remind me of those who do not have those apps? The question therefore is, should they focus on pleasing the village or poorer population of the divide who constitute a very infinitesimal amount of revenue to their overall gross earnings or shouldn't they rather work to please the urban population who recharge heavily and also subscribe to data?

Now, when juxtaposed with what telecom companies elsewhere in the world have done, even in some African countries, you would realize how shameful it is to argue for them except you were paid to do it.

Granted, MTN as a private organization that pays its tax, owes the govt nothing, but does owe its subscribers that demonstration of care in this trying time. It's a motivation for customers. That they care. Why not give bonuses especially for data. We are in a digital age for crying out loud, while MTN decided to give us analogue bonus, yet you come to defend them?

I don't know what you're abt. You buy data from them, they sell. Its a buyer and seller relationship. U pay for service they render. Neither the seller nor the buyer owe the other after transaction is completed. This covetousness is scary, they gave free SMS, but its data u want and you're now the mouthpiece of her subscribers.

They slash data cost, its not enough.. U want them to give it free.. Mtn shares is rated junk in SA right now, they are struggling as much as you are.. Why should they then give u anything free. Have u no conscience? I do believe u were among those who were heavily excited when mtn was fined by the govt unjustly.

If telcos doing well in the developed world give whatever free, does that mean mtn Nigeria must?

Canada is willing to pay her citizens 4k CAD monthly for 4 months.. What can your govt afford?

Stop this unwholesome comparison. Even the companies are struggling.

1 Like

Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
new2012:

I don't know what you're abt. You buy data from them, they sell. Its a buyer and seller relationship. U pay for service they render. Neither the seller nor the buyer owe the other after transaction is completed. This covetousness is scary, they gave free SMS, but its data u want and you're now the mouthpiece of her subscribers.

They slash data cost, its not enough.. U want them to give it free.. Mtn shares is rated junk in SA right now, they are struggling as much as you are.. Why should they then give u anything free. Have u no conscience? I do believe u were among those who were heavily excited when mtn was fined by the govt unjustly.

If telcos doing well in the developed world give whatever free, does that mean mtn Nigeria must?

Canada is willing to pay her citizens 4k CAD monthly for 4 months.. What can your govt afford?

Stop this unwholesome comparison. Even the companies are struggling.

So because my govt is not giving me anything, then MTN shouldn't?

In other way round, your argument is that we should all be bad in Nigeria since the govt is bad?
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by Tolu131: 6:34pm On Apr 04, 2020
samsard:
Entitlement mentality
zombie man
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by Tolu131: 6:46pm On Apr 04, 2020
Zombies are defending network that has been milking them since time immemorial.
Network that deducts your subscription in triple.

We are entitled to have free subscription, we made this Networks tillionaires.

Zombies keep on defending PEOPLE WEY NO SEND YOUR WELFARE.
instead of you guys to come together to form #TAG on twitter for free browsing.
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by samsard(m): 6:55pm On Apr 04, 2020
Tolu131:
zombie man
GTFOH with your entitlement. No one owes you shit. Goan work
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by samsard(m): 6:57pm On Apr 04, 2020
Tolu131:

Because your father owns the company, right? Or because you gave them capital to start the business? Apple is worth about a trillion dollars yet don't randomly decide to do mass giveaways. Don't go and work, be there waiting for freebies because of your 1k a month sub
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by new2012: 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2020
Awol1:

So because my govt is not giving me anything, then MTN shouldn't?

In other way round, your argument is that we should all be bad in Nigeria since the govt is bad?

They don't owe u.. Not giving u anything doest make them bad. What sort of entitlement mentality have u got at people's property.

Why should MTN give u anything? U work for them? They owe you?

Covetousness! Its stealing mentality. Expecting free gift forcefully? Come on man, you're not a kid i suppose
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by Tolu131: 7:27pm On Apr 04, 2020
samsard:
Because your father owns the company, right? Or because you gave them capital to start the business? Apple is worth about a trillion dollars yet don't randomly decide to do mass giveaways. Don't go and work, be there waiting for freebies because of your 1k a month sub
a fool like you should know 1k sub doesn't last for a week anymore
An average nigerian spend less than 3k on sub for a month so i don't know where you got that 1k mentality maybe you use 1k on sub..

I don't know why you are defending MTN, maybe you work there anyway ADIOS zombie.
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by new2012: 7:27pm On Apr 04, 2020
Tolu131:

Bros if u feel they're milking u, switch to their competitors that won't milk u. Its not by force na
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by new2012: 7:29pm On Apr 04, 2020
Tolu131:
a fool like you should know 1k sub doesn't last for a week anymore
An average nigerian spend less than 3k on sub for a month so i don't know where you got that 1k mentality maybe you use 1k on sub..

I don't know why you are defending MTN, maybe you work there anyway ADIOS zombie.

Can't u have a discourse without foul language? Ain't you matured to have a conversation without insults?

Mtn isn't the only provider, switch to airtel, glo, even spectranet, cobranet, etc.. Why single out a company and attack because they didn't give u free gift and then insult everybody that has a different opinion?.. Do grow up!

This life, nobody owe u shit!

1 Like

Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by Tolu131: 7:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
new2012:

They don't owe u.. Not giving u anything doest make them bad. What sort of entitlement mentality have u got at people's property.

Why should MTN give u anything? U work for them? They owe you?

Covetousness! Its stealing mentality. Expecting free gift forcefully? Come on man, you're not a kid i suppose
shush zombie

Na this kind comment dey give them(mtn) mind to holdback

Don't you know all these network officials read comments on nairaland, if they see this your comments they will have more mind to holdback.

Zombies.
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by Tolu131: 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2020
new2012:

Can't u have a discourse without foul language? Ain't you matured to have a conversation without insults?

Mtn isn't the only provider, switch to airtel, glo, even spectranet, cobranet, etc.. Why single out a company and attack because they didn't give u free gift and then insult everybody that has a different opinion?.. Do grow up!

This life, nobody owe u shit!
i am calling all network here.
Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by new2012: 7:32pm On Apr 04, 2020
Tolu131:
shush zombie

Na this kind comment dey give them(mtn) mind to holdback

Don't you know all these network officials read comments on nairaland, if they see this your comments they will have more mind to holdback.

Zombies.

Bros, type without insult, you're not a kid.

They don't owe u, if they want to owe back, it make no difference.. Its theirs anyway.

You can't force someone to give u his property as gift and by force.. That's stealing!

U should be more interested in affording your needs without begging ppl for handouts and gifts

1 Like

Re: 300 Free Messages: Is That All MTN Could Do? by new2012: 7:33pm On Apr 04, 2020
Tolu131:
i am calling all network here.

Because they owe you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Android Phone Between #70,000 To #90000 / How Much Is Iphone 14 Currently? / Phone Secret Codes For Major Brands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.