Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,811 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Urgent Matured Advice Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Urgent Matured Advice Needed (831 Views)

Needs Matured Advice On This / Please Need Matured Advice: My Parents Are Too Demanding / I Need Matured Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Matured Advice Needed by cunny88(m): 8:13pm On Apr 03, 2020
after loosing a well paid job i was at home for quite a while until a friend secured a job for me at a firm he manages. it was a low level job but I accepted cos I hd no option. after a few months on the job my friend whose also my boss had an altercation with the owner and hd to call it quits. he insisted I leave as well. although we both agreed that the job is only temporal while he works out something beta(he's highly connected and is really close to getting me something beta). now am torn between leaving wot him and loosing further assistance and staying behind against his wish.
Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 03, 2020
Dear cunny88,

If your friend is highly connected and the he's close to getting you something better as you rightly said, then I will advise you leave as well.

Why did i say that?

1. From what you said, "It was a low level job" which I assume is below your expectation. (Just to keep the body and soul busy)

2. Use this as an avenue to show your friend that you're loyal and grateful and not a great fool.

My Wrong Advise.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by MARX77(m): 8:20pm On Apr 03, 2020
Plead with him and make him see reasons why you have to stay. If he's a reasonable person, he shouldn't ask you to leave or deny u further assistance. Talk to him to see things from your perspective

1 Like

Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by overdrive(m): 8:22pm On Apr 03, 2020
Loyalty demands you leave with him, Since you say he is highly connected and will get you something better.

3 Likes

Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by donbachi(m): 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
He who pays the piper,dictates the tunes.

3 Likes

Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by sisisioge: 8:28pm On Apr 03, 2020
Oga leave the job jor. It is kukuma a low level job. Leaving it in solidarity of your friend will even prompt him to do a better job of getting you another job.

Know where your loyalty lies.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by Wisebird22(m): 8:33pm On Apr 03, 2020
Since he is highly connected, and he is trying to fix a better job for you and the present job isnt paying well I would advise you remain loyal to home and quit.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by madridguy(m): 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2020
My brother, you need to follow your friend's step and hope for the best from God Almighty.

3 Likes

Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by thorpido(m): 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2020
Can you tell your friend you will quit as soon as he gets something else for you?

Man is not God.Only God doesn't fail,man does.

4 Likes

Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by mignone(f): 9:33pm On Apr 03, 2020
Is there a means to keep body&soul together, pending when he'll get you a new job?
If not, plead with him to allow u keep d job till he's able to get u another.
If there isn't more to it, he should be reasonable &mature enof to reason along wif u.
Note: Never put your trust in man
All d best!

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by xtivin2: 9:44pm On Apr 03, 2020
Please leave the job, the truth is the owner will soon fire you too, he is waiting for the slight opportunity grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 04, 2020
Get the other job first

1 Like

Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by GboyegaD(m): 2:21am On Apr 04, 2020
OP,
Try make him see reason otherwise, leave the job only if your heart feels so and not on some promise you are not so sure of. He is a good friend and has done well however, his connections might fail. Ever asked yourself why he had to work where he connected you to at first?
Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by cunny88(m): 8:02am On Apr 04, 2020
GboyegaD:
OP,
Try make him see reason otherwise, leave the job only if your heart feels so and not on some promise you are not so sure of. He is a good friend and has done well however, his connections might fail. Ever asked yourself why he had to work where he connected you to at first?
he managed the firm so of course he was well paid
Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by MrJaay(m): 8:48am On Apr 04, 2020

1 Like

Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by mankettle(m): 8:56am On Apr 04, 2020
Bros I will advise you leave the job. Not becuase of loyalty but becuase the owner may want to get back at your freind through you.
If the freind gets u another job so be it. Both don't risk your future career there.
Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 04, 2020
According to you, he got you the job, and now he insists that you quit the job...meanwhile he is highly connected and really close to getting something better.
Now why are you at a crossroads?
If you believe he wants good for you...quit.
If you think he's only egoistic and selfish...you can stay.
However if I were you ..I would choose what will give me peace of mind.
Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by GboyegaD(m): 11:51am On Apr 04, 2020
cunny88:
he managed the firm so of course he was well paid

He managed the firm and couldn't seek a better negotiation for you, oga, hold into what he has helped you with in the mean time ooo. A bird at hand...

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Matured Advice Needed by ceeceeuwa: 4:10pm On Apr 04, 2020
overdrive:
Loyalty demands you leave with him, Since you say he is highly connected and will get you something better.
If he was highly connected he would have got you a better job when you lost the first one. He should let you manage that one until he gets you a better job with his connection.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Men: How Do You Feel When Your Partner Is Thanking You During Love Making / Polygamist With 151 Children From 16 Wives Has Reveals Plan To Take The 17th One / Thank you

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.