Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief (365 Views)

This Is Our Rating Of Nigeria's Response To Coronavirus - UN / UN Chief Hails Nigeria’s Response To COVID-19 / Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Coronavirus Outbreak In Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Dotng: 11:09pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nigeria’s response to coronavirus remarkable – UN chief

The United Nations Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, has commended Nigeria’s response to the coronavirus pandemic in the country.

Guterres, who spoke at a virtual news briefing in New York, the United States on Thursday, singled out Nigeria as one of the developing countries that have “shown a remarkable capacity to respond to the coronavirus.”

“I have to say this; some of these developing countries have shown a remarkable capacity to respond.

“I was quite impressed to see, for instance, Nigeria putting in place and immediately establishing a hospital.

“And I saw difficulties in countries that are much more developed to do quickly the same.”

Nigeria currently has 190 cases of COVID-19 with two deaths. (NAN)

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/nigerias-response-to-coronavirus-remarkable-un-chief/amp/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by ferdvict2(m): 11:12pm On Apr 03, 2020
They should wake up and don't relax over applause.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Shelumiel: 11:17pm On Apr 03, 2020
Does the UN chief now know the current number of covid-19 cases in Nigeria? Mtchww...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by rusher14: 11:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
Shelumiel:
Does the UN chief now know the current number of covid-19 cases in Nigeria? Mtchww...

I'm sure he know just over 200 from 200 million people.

That is 1 in a million Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Nbote(m): 11:28pm On Apr 03, 2020
Na lie oooooo..... Where did we put in place and immediately establish a hospital

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by OperaNewsHubNg: 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
They first praise you then they go for the kill. Don't trust them Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by dangermouse(m): 11:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
They have started again...its too early for this.
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Nbote(m): 11:31pm On Apr 03, 2020

for instance, Nigeria putting in place and immediately establishing a hospital.

Should we tell him grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by brodalikeme(m): 11:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
This kind compliment naim dey make billions loss
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by yanabasee(m): 11:45pm On Apr 03, 2020
Wait oh.....

Who's idea is it to invite a team of Chinese medical experts to Niger? Is it because of Abba Kyari

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by ambivert27(f): 11:53pm On Apr 03, 2020
Not when China medical team is coming to Nigeria, the story will change now.
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Montlab25: 12:24am On Apr 04, 2020
I knew people will criticize any commendation for Nigeria or the government. If he had lambasted the country, they would have been happy. We all know we have leadership problems in this country but we equally have problems with the attitude and sanity of followers at times. Just as the citizens are not always bad, the government should not always be castigated Everytime.
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Charmingrascal(m): 12:51am On Apr 04, 2020
To be sincere NCDC director and health workers deserve medals.
God bless Jagaban for always giving Lagos State working Governors
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Charmingrascal(m): 12:54am On Apr 04, 2020
To be sincere NCDC director and health workers deserve medals.
God bless Jagaban for always giving Lagos State working Governors

(1) (Reply)

Gateman Who Traveled From Lagos To Kaduna Via Public Transport, Tests Positive / Why Do I Get Constant Headaches When My Hair Grows? / “our Situation In Kano Is Now Terrible”Ganduje Lament Over New Cases Of Covid-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.