Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? (3126 Views)

Tecno Camon 15 Vs Infinix Note 7 Lite: Which Should You Buy? W/prices / TECNO Camon 15 Premier (N95,000) Vs Camon 12 (N53,500) Speed Test (photos) / TECNO Spark 4 (N34,500) Vs Camon 12 Air (N42,500) Speed Test Comparison (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by andelawhite: 9:10am On Apr 04, 2020
Tecno Camon 15 and Camon 12 are two android smartphones that share lots of similarities in their specifications. However, a close comparison of both devices reveal Camon 15 to have some upgraded features from what we saw on any of the mobile phones in the Camon 12 series. This post highlights some of those major upgrades alongside their price in Nigeria.

Having done excellently well on the market with Camon 12, one would have easily expected Tecno to begin a new series with Camon 13. But instead of doing that, the company took a major jump to Camon 15. With that leap also came some upgrades which you will find on this page as you read on!

Design and Display Compared
In our bid to find out about the changes and similarities between both smartphones, we checked the design and display of Tecno Camon 15 vs Camon 12, and here’s what we discovered:

While Tecno Camon 12 sports a 6.52-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, with a resolution of 720 X 1600 pixels and 269 PPI density, Camon 15 features a 6.55 inches IPS LCD display, with 720 X 1600 pixels in screen resolution and 268 PPI density.

Both smartphones come with a plastic build except for the Front where they are both covered with Glass. That means both the Back and Sides of the two devices are made of plastic.

The upgrade from the display size we saw on Camon 12 to the bigger one on Camon 15 is definitely a good one, especially for video streaming and gaming. You get a better viewing experience on the device.

So, though both mobile phones look almost the same in their design, there is a noticeable difference in their display size when put side by side with each other.

Camera and Battery Compared
On the imaging and power, the changes made by the company in the making of the latest Camon 15 are quite obvious. Transsion once again proved that delivering better camera quality and long-lasting batteries in their midrange devices has always been their goal.

On its arrival, Tecno Camon 12 featured a 16 MP triple camera at the rear. While the 16 MP is the primary sensor in the setup, it is joined by an 8 MP ultra wide-angle lens and a 2 MP depth sensor.

At the Front, the smartphone is paced with another 16 MP camera for selfies. To make images appear better, the camera supports artificial intelligence (AI) beautification.

For that of Camon 15, a 48 MP quad-camera gloriously adorns the back. Supporting the Primary sensor in the setup are three other sensors pegged at the sizes: 5 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP.

In terms of the selfie camera, you will be getting a 16 MP punch hole camera when you buy the mobile phone. In the Tecno Camon 15 Pro variant, users will be getting a motorized pop-up camera at the Front.

Supplying electricity to the Tecno Camon 12 is a 4000mAh non-removable Li-Po battery that can last a full day usage without charging. While that battery size is a bit okay for the average smartphone user, the company raised the bar a little higher in featuring a 5000mAh battery on Camon 15, putting the phone on par with Samsung Galaxy M30, Realme 5 and Xiaomi Redmi 8A in terms of battery capacity.

Configurations Compared
On the operating system, Tecno Camon 12 runs on HIOS 5.5 based on Android 9.0 Pie, powered by MediaTek Helio P22 chipset. At the memory angle, it is built with a 4 GB RAM and 64 GB of internal storage. This is expandable to 256 GB with the use of a MicroSD card.

Speaking of Camon 15, the smartphone runs on HIOS 6.0 based on the latest Android 10.0 powered by MediaTek Helio P35 chipset, clocked at 2.35GHz. As for its memory capacity, the mobile phone also features a 4 GB RAM and 64 GB of internal storage which is expandable to 256 GB to accommodate more files.

Apart from having the same RAM and ROM size, both mobile phones also share other similarities like 4G LTE, dual SIM slots, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and Face ID for security, Bluetooth V5.0, and many other features.

Price
In terms of the market, Tecno Camon 12 price in Nigeria currently stands at N45,000 while that of Camon 15 ranges from N45,000 to N50,000 currently.

Both smartphones are currently available for purchase and can be gotten online on Jumia, Konga, and SLOT. If you intend to buy any of them offline, you can get it from any major smartphone store in Nigeria.

In Conclusion
Comparing Tecno Camon 15 vs Camon 12 is kind of tricky since both smartphones share a few similarities both in the design and other areas. However, looking closely, we see the major upgrades the company made in Camon 15 which is the latest between the two. These upgrades are mostly seen in the operating system, camera, display size, battery specifications, and processor.

So if you are stuck between choosing either of the mobile phones, I hope that wouldn’t be so much of a problem now based on this comparison of both devices.

https://www.latestphonezone.com/tecno-camon-15-vs-camon-12-what-has-changed/

Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by nnaomaog(m): 9:25am On Apr 04, 2020
Increase in the camera MP...which is a plus

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by drjprince: 10:17am On Apr 04, 2020
nnaomaog:
plus in what sense

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 04, 2020
even Tecno fan's are finding it difficult to defend camon 15

15 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by edoairways: 10:56am On Apr 04, 2020
Good job
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by Tallesty1(m): 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2020
samyd1:
Tecno itself will find it difficult to defend Camon 15

11 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 04, 2020
The later is like the former, both trash.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by nnaomaog(m): 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2020
drjprince:
plus in what sense

In the addition, I can use more brighter camera for my business.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by drjprince: 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2020
nnaomaog:

In the addition, I can use more brighter camera for my business.
higher mega pixel doesn't mean brighter camera or better camera oga, that scrap will only give you overexposed pictures

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by Mohbola(f): 7:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
A lot of similarities, what changed is the battery and camera upgrade.
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by DaInferno(m): 9:35am On Apr 05, 2020
am annoyed by this phone, nothing changed really them just add money anyhow. I will wait for xiaomi 9s instead
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by seunfly: 12:06pm On Apr 05, 2020
nnaomaog:

Bro increase camera MP is a scam because that Mediatek P22 did not support more than 21MP single or 13 +8 MP double camera and Mediatek P35 does not support more than 25 MP single and 13 + 13 MP for double camera. Any contrary claim by tecno is a big lie.

This link may clear your doubt if u still believe tecno lies.

https://www.mediatek.com/products/smartphones/mediatek-helio-p22

https://www.mediatek.com/products/smartphones/mediatek-helio-p35

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by Guadiol104(m): 9:04pm On Apr 06, 2020
U said it all grin grin grin
samyd1:

Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by Sunkanmiwise(m): 9:18pm On Apr 06, 2020
This is eye opening. I think TECNO is doing a lot of work at making more better product.
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by Bestchild: 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2020
Introduction of pop-up camera.. that's a big plus
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by tafat: 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
so many specs to love on this camon 15
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by Nellsworld(m): 6:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
tafat:
so many specs to love on this camon 15
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by ZesusHVWritter(m): 8:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nellsworld:

No usb type c.
No glass protection.
Plastic build.
No fast charge support.
Poor ui and software management.
Poor developer support.
Outdated mediatek lowend chipset.
Fake camera modules with unverified mp counts.
Poor eMM 5.1 storage read/write.
All this deficiencies for 95k... What's there not to like?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by Nellsworld(m): 9:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

No usb type c.
No glass protection.
Plastic build.
No fast charge support.
Poor ui and software management.
Poor developer support.
Outdated mediatek lowend chipset.
Fake camera modules with unverified mp counts.
Poor eMM 5.1 storage read/write.
All this deficiencies for 95k... What's there not to like?
95k can get someone galaxy S9plus snapdragon even the exynos variant is mile beta than this crap
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by tafat: 9:17pm On May 01, 2020
like the RAM and Battery not to even talk of camera
Nellsworld:

Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by skywalker240(m): 4:54pm On May 04, 2020
Still the same rubbish.
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by Nellsworld(m): 6:49pm On May 04, 2020
tafat:
Pls use device info and check any tecno or infinix phones and screen shot it, no infinix or tecno camera is up to 30mp
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by Randerl: 7:05pm On May 04, 2020
A Lizard in Nigeria Cannot Automatically Become A Crocodile In America, UK or Canada
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by NightFood: 9:42am On May 17, 2020
tafat:

State what the battery is like. Example, how long it can last from 100% to zero.
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by tafat: 12:20pm On May 30, 2020
why will i have too use that, i would rather just get the device and experience the camera myself
Nellsworld:

Pls use device info and check any tecno or infinix phones and screen shot it, no infinix or tecno camera is up to 30mp
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by tafat: 12:21pm On May 30, 2020
the camon 15 premier comes with a 4000 mah battery like the camon 12 air, i may not have used it but the 4000 mah on the camon 12 air lasts very well
NightFood:

State what the battery is like. Example, how long it can last from 100% to zero.
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by Breastfeed: 2:20pm On May 30, 2020
tafat:
the camon 15 premier comes with a 4000 mah battery like the camon 12 air, i may not have used it but the 4000 mah on the camon 12 air lasts very well
You didn't answer thebqu3on how long it lasts from 100% to zero
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by MayenKudi: 8:29pm On May 30, 2020
lol, true that, experiencing it peronally is the only way to know for sure how it is
tafat:
why will i have too use that, i would rather just get the device and experience the camera myself
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by Badb0y4lyf(m): 2:28pm On May 31, 2020
This review isn’t complete there are trades off I think the Camon 12 has in screen finger print and amoled screen which the Camon 15 is lacking the Camon 12 has 6gb ram while Camon 15 has just 4 I think the Camon 15 only shines in battery life, camera, and slightly processor
Re: Tecno Camon 15 Vs Camon 12- What Has Changed? by perssurprobe198: 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2023
Tecno Camon mobile phones are becoming increasingly popular in Nigeria, and it's no surprise why. If you're looking for a budget-friendly phone with great specs, then a Tecno Camon phone might be the perfect choice for you. In it, you'll find all the information you need about specs, features, and prices. We hope it helps you in making an informed decision!.

In it, you'll find all the information you need about specs, features, and prices. We hope it helps you in making an informed decision!.

We hope it helps you in making an informed decision!.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confession From A ‘samsung Enthusiast’ / Unlock Your 3g Huawei Modem / Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.