Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. (3626 Views)

Surge Vs The Surge 2 Final Boss Fight / Surge Vs Surge 2 Graphics Comparison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by captainking(m): 10:43am On Apr 04, 2020
Hi guys.. I was playing FIFA yesterday when there was high power voltage which burnt my ps4 as smoke started coming out from inside... And it would not power on.. I was told it's the power pack..
Please who knows how much it could be fixed..
It's ps4 superslim....;
Location is ph.. Thanks..
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 04, 2020
Next time get a volt guard, especially when connecting high priority & expensive equipments like gaming console and gaming pcs. it cost less than 2k. it will always automatically turned off when d voltage passes a safe limit, thereby saving u tons of cash.

For the repair, take it to the technician first, cause it depends on damage. But if you are sure, just by d part & replace it urself, it's cheaper

4 Likes

Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by captainking(m): 11:27am On Apr 04, 2020
SpecialAgent:
Next time get a volt guard, especially when connecting high priority & expensive equipments like gaming console and gaming pcs. it cost less than 2k. it will always automatically turned off when d voltage passes a safe limit, thereby saving u tons of cash.

For the repair, take it to the technician first, cause it depends on damage. But if you are sure, just by d part & replace it urself, it's cheaper
You are right.. But I will take it to a technician first.. To identify the part that got burnt.. But from remote diagnosis.. They said its power pack.. And it will cost 25k or more for superslim.... It is well...
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by scoundrel(f): 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2020
Hehehehe, this reminds me of my brother’s PS 2 and Xbox days. The things cost a lot and the new parts will likely keep shorting after a year or two. God knows how many times he kept taking his unit to the technician to clean the CD lens.

1 Like

Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by AyarmBoye(m): 2:21pm On Apr 04, 2020
Bro u sef fvcked up... How can u use Dat delicate console without a ups or power surge protector...... Power surge and outage are the number one cause of ps4 consoles' problems..... Not 25k for repair in dis economy? Damn it.....
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by crafteck(m): 2:52pm On Apr 04, 2020
captainking:

You are right.. But I will take it to a technician first.. To identify the part that got burnt.. But from remote diagnosis.. They said its power pack.. And it will cost 25k or more for superslim.... It is well...

Not your fault, super high current supply rarely happens nowadays, at least for the past 6 years. Reach me, call my engineer, hes in lagos, if he shows you how to id your power supply, he can sell to you for less, like 10k lesser.

1 Like

Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by captainking(m): 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2020
crafteck:

Not your fault, super high current supply rarely happens nowadays, at least for the past 6 years. Reach me, call my engineer, hes in lagos, if he shows you how to id your power supply, he can sell to you for less, like 10k lesser.
You are right bro.. It rarely happens.. This is the first time it's happened in years here.. How do I reach you? Your number is not in your bio.. I am quite familiar with your moniker..kudos to you. You are doing a good job..
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by captainking(m): 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2020
AyarmBoye:
Bro u sef fvcked up... How can u use Dat delicate console without a ups or power surge protector...... Power surge and outage are the number one cause of ps4 consoles' problems..... Not 25k for repair in dis economy? Damn it.....
Bro... In my area in Ph.. We have steady supply of light and it's never been high.. So. Most people here use their electronics direct... Except for a few.. It has happened shaaa and it will be fixed...

2 Likes

Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by captainking(m): 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2020
scoundrel:
Hehehehe, this reminds me of my brother’s PS 2 and Xbox days. The things cost a lot and the new parts will likely keep shorting after a year or two. God knows how many times he kept taking his unit to the technician to clean the CD lens.
Haha haha.. This also happened to me too.. During ps2 days.. Before the time of hacking ps2..once the lens becomes weak... Almost every other month.. We kept taking it to the tech to clean lens.. It was crazy... After watching them do it 3 times.. I learnt it... Lol... And became my own tech

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by crafteck(m): 4:24pm On Apr 04, 2020
captainking:

You are right bro.. It rarely happens.. This is the first time it's happened in years here.. How do I reach you? Your number is not in your bio.. I am quite familiar with your moniker..kudos to you. You are doing a good job..

Thanks. Will pm you
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by iamoyindamola(m): 10:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
crafteck:

Thanks. Will pm you
boss please do you have digital cod ww2 and modern warfare
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by crafteck(m): 5:13am On Apr 06, 2020
iamoyindamola:
boss please do you have digital cod ww2 and modern warfare

At all.
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by captainking(m): 7:20am On Apr 11, 2020
Hello crafteck... Have you used Aliexpress or wish to shop for things online before?
I am thinking of ordering the power pack from there... What do you think.?
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by crafteck(m): 8:22am On Apr 11, 2020
captainking:
Hello crafteck... Have you used Aliexpress or wish to shop for things online before?
I am thinking of ordering the power pack from there... What do you think.?

Im scared of ali express, its only amazon i can vouch for. Even if you aint ripped off, you would probably get fake of fake. It might be a component on board not power pack itself.... Audio bridge or something, if you have to repair at least do it where it would work before you pay.. Bought parts cant be returned ooo
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by captainking(m): 10:14am On Apr 11, 2020
crafteck:

Im scared of ali express, its only amazon i can vouch for. Even if you aint ripped off, you would probably get fake of fake. It might be a component on board not power pack itself.... Audio bridge or something, if you have to repair at least do it where it would work before you pay.. Bought parts cant be returned ooo
you are right.. I have to take it to the repairer first to look at it.. Thanks for your advice..
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by captainking(m): 1:04am On Apr 16, 2020
Update update... I have fixed the game... I changed the power pack in ph as well as changed the analogy for one of my controllers for 21k...
I feel lucky.. Cos this corona virus thing made a lot if items scarce...
Now I will be more careful with my console...
Thanks crafteck and other..

1 Like

Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by crafteck(m): 8:38am On Apr 16, 2020
captainking:
Update update... I have fixed the game... I changed the power pack in ph as well as changed the analogy for one of my controllers for 21k...

Uw bros
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by AyarmBoye(m): 9:22am On Apr 16, 2020
captainking:
damn it.. 21k.....w much.... Please get a ups.... It's safer Dan power surge sef for ps4.. Or inverter if u v d money...even power outage can cause harm to the hdd.....
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by captainking(m): 9:51am On Apr 16, 2020
AyarmBoye:
damn it.. 21k.....w much.... Please get a ups.... It's safer Dan power surge sef for ps4.. Or inverter if u v d money...even power outage can cause harm to the hdd.....
you are right bro... Will do that...
Thanks
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:24am On Apr 16, 2020
captainking:

Bossssssss
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by TissuePaper: 11:41am On Apr 16, 2020
captainking:
you are right bro... Will do that...
Thanks
hope sey dat gay guy no dey worry u again
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by captainking(m): 12:08pm On Apr 16, 2020
TissuePaper:
hope sey dat gay guy no dey worry u again
which gay guy? i know no gay guy disturbing me....i have a tendency for breaking their bones if they try that shit..

Oh yes...i recall.....that NL gay dude?

Let me catch him in person first... smiley grin grin grin grin
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by captainking(m): 12:09pm On Apr 16, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
Bossssssss
big guys....anything for me now?
Just be patient a bit oo....
i will come through
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by Sunisonflex39(m): 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2020
captainking:
big guys....anything for me now? Just be patient a bit oo.... i will come through
ok boss its me the woji guy
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by TissuePaper: 1:29pm On Apr 16, 2020
captainking:

which gay guy? i know no gay guy disturbing me....i have a tendency for breaking their bones if they try that shit..

Oh yes...i recall.....that NL gay dude?

Let me catch him in person first... smiley grin grin grin grin
lol they really deserve lynching cheesy
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by Sunisonflex39(m): 12:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
captainking:
Hi guys.. I was playing FIFA yesterday when there was high power voltage which burnt my ps4 as smoke started coming out from inside... And it would not power on.. I was told it's the power pack..
Please who knows how much it could be fixed..
It's ps4 superslim....;
Location is ph.. Thanks..
Bossman good morning..
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by Olayetan(m): 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
captainking:

Take it to engineer, they will give you other options instead of buyer the whole power pack, they maybe able to change what actually got burnt in the power pack which will cost less...

The rest of this lockdown go dey tiring as this ps don Bleep up like this o
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by captainking(m): 12:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
Olayetan:

Take it to engineer, they will give you other options instead of buyer the whole power pack, they maybe able to change what actually got burnt in the power pack which will cost less...

The rest of this lockdown go dey tiring as this ps don Bleep up like this o
the engineer told me same,,,, but advised its always best to change it esp for ps4 slim. He gave reasons which sounded reasonable to me though..
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by captainking(m): 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
Bossman good morning..
good morning sir..how are u today
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by Sunisonflex39(m): 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
captainking:

bossman hunger one kill me....i used to do Student-Photography over in school at federal poly nekede,thats what been sustaining me....
Pls 07064390960 chat me up on whatsap lets talk..
and besides am not sir...am just a young guy
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by Sunisonflex39(m): 7:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
captainking:

boss,u just forgot me ...i v not been having data to contact u
Re: Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. by Sunisonflex39(m): 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2020
captainking:
boss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wwe 2k24 Ppsspp Iso File Download Highly Compressed / Official:pes 2017 Download Demo And Release Date Announced. / PC Games For Sale/swap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.