Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:46 AM

R.i.p Teena Marie - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / R.i.p Teena Marie (697 Views)

Olamide Ft. Vector - R.I.P / R.I.P Nate Dogg / Soul Star Teena Marie Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

R.i.p Teena Marie by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2010
Not sure if you all knew who she was but she was the friend and ex girlfriend of the late Rick James. She boasted a successful career in the music industry as far back as the early 80's and wow'd a lot of black fans for her "black like" voice. Tenna Marie is dead at the age of 54.  undecided
I'm kinda disappointed @ the lack of "reaction" here in America. Even with her "white skin", she defintely inspired a lot of people and shaped R&B, respect is definitely over due  angry I kinda see why she refused to put her picture on her first album *sighs!* R.I.P

[center]

Taken from http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/12/rb-legend-teena-marie-dies-54[/center]

Teena Marie died at her Pasadena, CA home Sunday, RadarOnline.com has confirmed.  The R&B singer was found by her daughter and is believed to have died in her sleep, her rep says.

"We went to her house on Sunday after receiving a field call," Lt. Corral of the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office tells RadarOnline.com exclusively.  "It appears she died of natural causes, however the report is not yet completed."

Tina Marie Brockert, 54, is famously know for her hit songs "Lovergirl," "Portuguese Love," "Ooo La La La," and "I'm a Sucker for Your Love." She was also nominated for four Grammy Awards and dated funk legend Rick James.

Known as the Ivory Queen of Soul, Teena Marie was credited for paving the way for many of today's biggest stars, including Mary J. Blige, and P. Diddy, who expressed their condolences on Twitter.

Blige wrote, "Rest in peace, Teena Marie, My love for u is forever." Diddy tweeted: "R.I.P Teena Marie. God Bless. Damn I just saw her the other day."

Tina Marie had been scheduled to perform in Los Angeles early in 2011.

(1) (Reply)

Jazz Musician/composer From Nigeria By The Name Sheila Ranson? / Donna Diva – Shut Up + The Wire / Yemi Sax - Ile Ijo + Like To Party (sax Version)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.