Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,696 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures (5306 Views)

LUZON Dry Food For Puppies And Adult Dogs Is Available / English Bulldog Puppies And Kangal Puppies Available / Alabai Puppies, Kangal Puppies And Adult Rottweiler Available. All Pedigree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 1:38pm On Apr 04, 2020
See more on on Instagram: mega paws kennel or @puppyhubnaija, for more photos and dogs and or like our page, best dogs in Jos, Nigeria on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/111114983832137?referrer=whatsapp

Like our post and page to know about good dogs and which breed will meet your expectation, purchase from us and we are willing to guide you till you become a good breeder as part of our after sale services.
Check also

https://g.page/puppy-hub-naija?gm

My friend and colleaque in the place of work who had a good history in dog rearing in Jos Plateau State had few puppies that got my interest. The puppies where whelped by his piebald Caucasian which was a strange and uncommon term among dog breeders in Nigeria.
Not until some Russians were invited to Jos to rate and examine dogs, I assumed along with the wrong majority that my dog and her mother were Saint Bernerd/ Caucasian mix despite he kept insisting that the dog is coming from an outstanding imported Pedigree. The dam Name was Arcadia. Her picture is below.

3 Likes

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 1:44pm On Apr 04, 2020
Arcadia is the daughter of late Alpha(sorry I don't have Alpha's picture but that of one of his siblings).

4 Likes

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2020
In other to have a clean line and produce reputable puppies with outstanding features that will complement Arcadia's features, my friend had to go for the best male he could lay his hands on at that time. He used Merlin. Merlin is one of the outstanding sons of Mugabe in Jos. He is monstrous, having a balanced body with big head, big chest, tail and legs to match. No deformities and an outstanding height.
Below is the picture of Merlin.
To find out more about the pedigree of Mugabe whose birth name is Hercules search him on king of sic land. With the name Hercules or Mugabe.

1 Like

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2020
There were only two female among the litter, I bought one and my wife named her gifted. I followed everything he said religiously in feeding and training till the dog came out the best she could. I realized that you need a mentor for you to do well in dog breeding. I took advantage of his experience and knowledge of other animals and dog health and todày I am smiling.
Find below the pictures of gifted. I know many here will still call her saint Bernerd or a mix of it. Sorry to disappoint you, this is a piebald Caucasian. You can search images of piebald Caucasian on google.

2 Likes

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 2:24pm On Apr 04, 2020
Gifted came on heat, we looked for the best stud to do the job. We figured that there are some good features in the Mugabe line that we can take advantage of without causing harm to the puppies that gifted will produce. So we did line breeding by Using one of Mugabe far brother whose name is Bruno.
Bruno is an outstanding imported monster, weighing almost 130kg at times. The look of Bruno alone is intimidating. Crossing her with gifted will magnify the gene of their father whose name is Ali. And we hoped that the looks and features of not just, Magabe, Bruno but that of Ali will be prominent in Gifted litter.
Below is the picture of Bruno and Ali

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 2:32pm On Apr 04, 2020
Now gifted has produced nine puppies, only one piebald, which is not as pronounced as that of gifted. Six are black like their grand father. The size of the puppies legs and head shows that our aim was actualized. The funny thing is that their are only three males that I named
Beaver
Purger
and Bigshow.
Bigshow is the only black among the males. He is the one I intended keeping to see if what we had as good puppies could be translated as perfect adult, if not we will change strategies in our breeding program in the next cross.
I alone know why I gave them those names, you will be surprised that its not what comes to your mind when you hear the names.
But for big show I named him in anticipation that he will grow massive.
Below is the picture of one and the title of the puppies thereof.

1 Like

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 2:38pm On Apr 04, 2020
If by any means you are interested in getting any of these puppies so that we will continue the business of raising top pedigree Caucasian puppies here in Nigeria to compete favourably with what is obtainable abroad. You can reach me with the number below 081**228***024**54. For calls and WhatsApp.

Its not impossible, you can be a top line dog breeder too with the right mentor and your willingness to feed well. Don't hesitate to ask any question.

4 Likes

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2020
If only most dog breeders in nig can tell the stories of the puppies they are selling like this.... we won't have cases of all these low-quality mix-breeds up and down.

6 Likes

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 7:45pm On Apr 04, 2020
Exactly. Most only breed for money not to improve the breed standard and unfortunately most Nigerian dog rearers still think dog breeding is crossing a dog so that they can give birth.

1 Like

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Romanoff(f): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
Do you sell?
Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 10:34pm On Apr 06, 2020
Yes, the will be ready for new home before this week end. You can reach me on WhatsApp for more details
Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by rastaLivity: 2:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
I love dog breed from jos

1 Like

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by dexpee4life(m): 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hello House, I am looking for who would exchange a good pure breed female puppy for a breedind stock of grasscutters in Port Harcourt. If interested, contact me For More Negotiations on
Zero. Eight. Ten. Eleven. Five. Five. Seven. Seventeen
Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by IamAnderson(m): 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
this thread is impressive, you actually gave us a well detailed history. well done sir

1 Like

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
Thanks
Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by vincentjk(m): 5:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
Acjohn:
Exactly. Most only breed for money not to improve the breed standard and unfortunately most Nigerian dog rearers still think dog breeding is crossing a dog so that they can give birth.

That's not really true, most times what make breeders produce anyhow quality is just price and market demand. such pups from gifted go for between 250-400k per pup while most people prefer something cheaper, that's just the case
Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
You have a point but that doesnt still rule out the fact that most Nigerian dog breeders don't know how to cross dogs with an opposite sex that will complement the lapses of their dog.

They unfortunately don't even know what a breed standard is, so how can they know what opposite sex is best to produce better Puppies.
So we see ourselves producing puppies just because that's what we need and not to improve the breed. So you see a pedigree gene watered down the line as a result.

The way some persons price puppies at times is quite insulting but that doesn't mean one should give up on his or her pursuit of producing good Caucasian dogs with out standing qualities that can adapt better to our environment.
Its still possible

1 Like

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 6:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
vincentjk:

That's not really true, most times what make breeders produce anyhow quality is just price and market demand. such pups from gifted go for between 250-400k per pup while most people prefer something cheaper, that's just the case
Even though I have responded above but let me add that Market demand wouldn't make IPhone produce phones of Techno standard. They are the bar and want to remain there.

1 Like

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by cool318(m): 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
I love Dogs but am really very confused about this particular breed call Caucasian because of its Massive body size.
Is it a security dog or a herder or just a Pet.
Really need to classify it based on it's traits.
Thanks for explaining
Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by IamAnderson(m): 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2020
cool318:
I love Dogs but am really very confused about this particular breed call Caucasian because of its Massive body size.
Thanks for explaining
it's a security dog and also a pet dog
they are very good security dogs and they are good at attacking intruders but they are also affectionate with family members so they can serve as pets too
Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
cool318:
Thanks for explaining

Its more like a security dog and some ppl may regard it as a pet but cannot be a herd dog.
Cannot be a herd dog because Caucasian are very had to train. When a Rottweiler for example is responding up to about 70% in training, a Caucasian hovers around 30%.
So some people feel it can easily pass for a pet because of the fluffy hairs, that's because it has a main coat and an undercoat to protect them from snow and frost. But the fact that they shed a lot of hair is still a turn off for some people.
The main reason why people keep Caucasian dogs in the regions where they originated is help fight of wolves and bears and not to herd sheep's or cows.
There ears are chopped off because they can easily be infected from frost bites if the ears remain and its may be their weak point when fighting other animals.
Caucasian are good dogs they play a lot, you hardly hear of them attacking their owners and I like the fact that their sizes are intimidating.
If you must get one you must be ready to feed them well and provide them with a good cold environment if not the frustration from the weather can affect their growth and looks. You must also be careful with their environment because they are prone to mange.

1 Like

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by vincentjk(m): 7:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
Acjohn:

Even though I have responded above but let me add that Market demand wouldn't make IPhone produce phones of Techno standard. They are the bar and want to remain there.

So should everyone start going for iPhones and abandon techno and infinix Android phones so to make it look like we like quality but can we afford it in this part of the world?

Had it been techno didn't flood the gsm market with their cheap products many of us wouldn't have used smartphones so early, I started running Instagram in 2014 and that's because I got a tecno p3 for 12k in 2013.

I'm a big fan of quality and pedigree dogs btw, Just hope you get my point
Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 7:23pm On Apr 09, 2020
vincentjk:

So should everyone start going for iPhones and abandon techno and infinix Android phones so to make it look like we like quality but can we afford it in this part of the world?

Had it been techno didn't flood the gsm market with their cheap products many of us wouldn't have used smartphones so early, I started running Instagram in 2014 and that's because I got a tecno p3 for 12k in 2013.

I'm a big fan of quality and pedigree dogs btw, Just hope you get my point

I understand your point very well but I am only concerned about how it has affected the breed integrity in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by cool318(m): 7:26pm On Apr 09, 2020
Acjohn:

Its more like a security dog and some ppl may regard it as a pet but cannot be a herd dog.
Cannot be a herd dog because Caucasian are very had to train. When a Rottweiler for example is responding up to about 70% in training, a Caucasian hovers around 30%.
So some people feel it can easily pass for a pet because of the fluffy hairs, that's because it has a main coat and an undercoat to protect them from snow and frost. But the fact that they shed a lot of hair is still a turn off for some people.
The main reason why people keep Caucasian dogs in the regions where they originated is help fight of wolves and bears and not to herd sheep's or cows.
There ears are chopped off because they can easily be infected from frost bites if the ears remain and its may be their weak point when fighting other animals.
Caucasian are good dogs they play a lot, you hardly hear of them attacking their owners and I like the fact that their sizes are intimidating.
If you must get one you must be ready to feed them well and provide them with a good cold environment if not the frustration from the weather can affect their growth and looks. You must also be careful with their environment because they are prone to mange.

Thanks for the detailed narrative, the height is always a big turn on for me.
The cold environment however, so it can't survive in some states cos of hot weather?
Because I know that Jos is Nigeria's Europe
Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by cool318(m): 7:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
IamAnderson:

it's a security dog and also a pet dog
they are very good security dogs and they are good at attacking intruders but they are also affectionate with family members so they can serve as pets too

Thanks for the exposition, I was looking at the size, if it can perform manoeuvering like some Security dogs because of their Agility.
Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2020
cool318:

Thanks for the exposition, I was looking at the size, if it can perform manoeuvering like some Security dogs because of their Agility.
Their size doesn't affect their agility. They are smarter than as you think. Imagine a dog that can fight off a bear despite their claw and teeth. One good Caucasian can fight off three to four wolves at the same time if not more. That's why their size is their selling point.
One of the large breeds that are super aggressive, with gigantic size and yet smarter than they look that I think may be better than the Caucasian dog is the Tibetan mastiff. I doubt if we can have a good one around here.
Apart from the Tibetan Mastiffs I doubt if any of these other large breed can outsmart or be agile than a Caucasian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by cool318(m): 8:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
Acjohn:

Their size doesn't affect their agility. They are smarter than as you think. Imagine a dog that can fight off a bear despite their claw and teeth. One good Caucasian can fight off three to four wolves at the same time if not more. That's why their size is their selling point.
One of the large breeds that are super aggressive, with gigantic size and yet smarter than they look that I think may be better than the Caucasian dog is the Tibetan mastiff. I doubt if we can have a good one around here.
Apart from the Tibetan Mastiffs I doubt if any of these other large breed can outsmart or be agile than a Caucasian.

Hmmmm, Tibetan Mastiffs, that dog is a Fierce looking Cannivore. Big head with tongue the size of a village Cutlass.

But you didn't say anything about the environment
Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
cool318:

Thanks for the detailed narrative, the height is always a big turn on for me.
The cold environment however, so it can't survive in some states cos of hot weather?
Because I know that Jos is Nigeria's Europe
They will survive but won't do well because of their coat
Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 9:20pm On Apr 09, 2020
cool318:

Hmmmm, Tibetan Mastiffs, that dog is a Fierce looking Cannivore. Big head with tongue the size of a village Cutlass.

But you didn't say anything about the environment

Cold weather is always a key to their doing well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by IamAnderson(m): 5:05am On Apr 10, 2020
cool318:

lol don't be deceived by the size, that big body you're seeing, they can carry it well.
they are agile for their size and very strong and aggressive to intruders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by IamAnderson(m): 5:10am On Apr 10, 2020
Acjohn:

They will survive but won't do well because of their coat
I just saw pictures of your dogs on my phone now cheesy
I think we've talked before, I was pricing a pup from you some weeks ago, we met on canine education group on WhatsApp
Re: My Piebald Caucasian, History, Puppies And Pictures by Acjohn(m): 6:14am On Apr 10, 2020
IamAnderson:

I just saw pictures of your dogs on my phone now cheesy
I think we've talked before, I was pricing a pup from you some weeks ago, we met on canine education group on WhatsApp
Yes that's me I believe. If you are still interested let's discuss on WhatsApp

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buy Caucasians, Mastiff Puppies And Adults Etc In PH, Can Send It To U, C Pics / Meet The Hyena Men Of Nigeria (pictures) / *THREAD CLOSED*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.