Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,914 members, 7,852,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:22 PM

How COVID-19 Patient Died In Our Custody - LUTH Explains - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How COVID-19 Patient Died In Our Custody - LUTH Explains (677 Views)

How COVID-19 Dead Bodies Are Buried By NCDC Officials (Video) / Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check / First COVID-19 Patient In Oyo Discharged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How COVID-19 Patient Died In Our Custody - LUTH Explains by Okoyeaniche(m): 3:16am On Apr 05, 2020
Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi-Araba, has released a statement on Saturday narrating how a COVID-19 patient died within the hospital on Friday.

The authority stated that the patient recently returned home from Holland and was tested positive of COVID-19.

In a statement released by the Chief Medical Director of LUTH, Professor Chris Bode through Prof. Wasiu Adeyemo, Chairman, Medical Advisory Committee (CMAC), said the person was brought unconscious to LUTH Emergency late within the evening of Wednesday, April 2 by his friend.

Adeyemo said, “Although, they denied any history of recent travel, his presentation strongly suggested COVID-19.

"He was handled professionally by the Infectious Diseases Consultant and his team without unduly exposing LUTH staff to danger. He died a couple of hours later.

“Further investigations later revealed he had earlier performed a test at Yaba soon after he travelled back to Nigeria from Holland and therefore the test was...SEE MORE HERE

1 Share

Re: How COVID-19 Patient Died In Our Custody - LUTH Explains by AgentNairaland(f): 4:33am On Apr 05, 2020
How many now
Re: How COVID-19 Patient Died In Our Custody - LUTH Explains by Sanchez01: 5:36am On Apr 05, 2020
AgentNairaland:
How many now
One. A man, actually. He returned from the Netherlands, breezed past the thermal scanner at the airport, knowing he had tested positive before leaving the Netherlands for Nigeria. His family knew and even knew his travel history but lied at LUTH, possibly to get treated on time.

Unfortunately for him, he had a renal transplant not too long and I guess that aggravated his condition.

There have been people calling for the prosecution of his family for not only lying but endangering the lives of innocent people, mostly medical professionals.

Inside sources gist...

https://m.guardian.ng/news/luth-confirms-death-of-covid-19-patient/
Re: How COVID-19 Patient Died In Our Custody - LUTH Explains by Iyiataata92: 6:09am On Apr 05, 2020
Nigeria have recorded 4 deaths from cornavirus. We know 3 of them, remaing one.
Abba Kyari has been missing for a while now and no official statement on his whereabouts.
I'm not assuming anything, I'm simply asking, 'where is Abba Kyari'?
Re: How COVID-19 Patient Died In Our Custody - LUTH Explains by seunlayi(m): 6:17am On Apr 05, 2020
I won't blame him, I will blame those that allowed travelers into Nigeria
Re: How COVID-19 Patient Died In Our Custody - LUTH Explains by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 05, 2020
The family is at risk too,that's my fear about Nigerian's, always hiding, let him go and lie in anywhere he finds himself

(1) (Reply)

Covid19: Igbo Man Donates 1 Million Bags Of Rice To His Community / 313 New Cases Cases Of Covid 19, 5 deaths 24th may 2020 / How I Lost 10kg To In 1 Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.