Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,896 members, 7,810,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Marry Someone With Glaucoma? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marry Someone With Glaucoma? (1864 Views)

Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / Will You Marry Someone That Cheated On You Twice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by Sapphie12: 8:17am On Apr 05, 2020
It can be hereditary and eventual blindness is possible. How does it affect ones life? We live in the US. Thinking about future children.
Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by thorpido(m): 9:34am On Apr 05, 2020
Is he the only choice you have?
Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by 2dice01: 9:53am On Apr 05, 2020
Sapphie12:
It can be hereditary and eventual blindness is possible. How does it affect ones life? We live in the US. Thinking about future children.
it is not a death sentence

Yes it can be Heredited

With Proper usage of his Prescribed drugs he should be fine

And when you have children with a Good antioxidant you are good to go

2 Likes

Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by Elmojiid(m): 12:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
am a glaucoma patient and am fine with drugs.

4 Likes

Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
thorpido:
Is he the only choice you have?

Please make me understand this post Doc?
cry

1 Like

Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 05, 2020
Sapphie12:

I dare say you are not in love with the man. You showed no concern for the man you are about to marry eg “hey is he gonna die? How can I help him? Must he go blind? He hurts and I am torn apart” and etc....you are concerned about what you said lipsrsealed. The kids have not come oo meanwhile.
This is when people start overcalculating-when they want to marry without love- they start making sure, our stylecheesy
Kindly leave the man alone to marry someone who is ready to live in the now with him, as opposed to residing in the future.
Somebody married Stevie Wonder o...that said, you have a perfect right to your wants and desires, however nobody needs to be a pawn in your plans.

Please allow him to be, and good luck/be happy
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
Elmojiid:
am a glaucoma patient and am fine with drugs.

Yes darling you are, and deserve to be with someone who loves you and knows that you are fine too...
Stay safe

As a rant- those marriage vows are a scamfest angry

1 Like

Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by thorpido(m): 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2020
merahki:

Please make me understand this post Doc?
cry
Glaucoma sure can lead to blindness and it is hereditary.Is she prepared for that future?

2 Likes

Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2020
thorpido:
Glaucoma sure can lead to blindness and it is hereditary.Is she prepared for that future?

And it is that definite and absolute? He can’t die before blindness sets in? She can’t contract same or a more severe disease too? He can’t manage it well and not become blind?
Glaucoma is not a contraindication to marriage or is it?...reading that from a doctor/you really baffled me like no end.
Your second submission is better than that first one which is a total no-no.

3 Likes

Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by Elmojiid(m): 1:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
merahki:

Yes darling you are, and deserve to be with someone who loves you and knows that you are fine too...
Stay safe

As a rant- those marriage vows are a scamfest angry
thank you..we all deserve to be loved...i know it is you. take care and stay safe.

1 Like

Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by teresafaith: 1:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
He might be a good guy but you need to think about the future of the kids
Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by Elmojiid(m): 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2020
am not ashame that i have glaucoma dnt make it look like it is bad am a father and my girl is doing fine.

4 Likes

Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 05, 2020
Elmojiid:
am not ashame that i have glaucoma dnt make it look like it is bad am a father and my girl is doing fine.

There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Just be sure to take your medications. Many people I know have glaucoma and don’t even know they have it. They just take their medications for “eye problem” and for nearly 20 years now.
I am astounded at the comments made on here.
Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by Mizwisdom(f): 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2020
Elmojiid:

Avoid this thread if you don't wanna get hurt. Some people are very wicked and you will see how they will advice her against it while prophesying blindness for the guy. Simply click your ignore mode jare. Speedy recovery to you bro

1 Like

Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by PuZZyNegro: 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2020
merahki:

There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Just be sure to take your medications. Many people I know have glaucoma and don’t even know they have it. They just take their medications for “eye problem” and for nearly 20 years now.

Wow, I'm just knowing that glaucoma patients are always on drugs like HIV patients. I use to think it's a normal eye problem like myopia that requires just an eye glasses and you are fine

Na wa oo
Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 05, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

Wow, I'm just knowing that glaucoma patients are always on drugs like HIV patients. I use to think it's a normal eye problem like myopia that requires just an eye glasses and you are fine

Na wa oo

I would liken them to hypertensive patients because glaucoma means that the pressure inside the eye is high (raised intra-ocular pressure, also called IOP).
The drugs and other measures including regular checks serve to keep the pressure low and reduce the chances of damaging the eye nerve. Damage to the eye nerve leads to blindness.

1 Like

Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by Elmojiid(m): 9:11pm On Apr 05, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Avoid this thread if you don't wanna get hurt. Some people are very wicked and you will see how they will advice her against it while prophesying blindness for the guy. Simply click your ignore mode jare. Speedy recovery to you bro

thank you sis,take care and stay safe...oñe love.
Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by thorpido(m): 9:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
merahki:

And it is that definite and absolute? He can’t die before blindness sets in? She can’t contract same or a more severe disease too? He can’t manage it well and not become blind?
Glaucoma is not a contraindication to marriage or is it?...reading that from a doctor/you really baffled me like no end.
Your second submission is better than that first one which is a total no-no.
It is not definite but I hope you do know that there are hypertensives who are regular on medication and still have a stroke...regular on glaucoma drugs and still end up blind?Life is uncertain.We don't know what the future holds I never said she couldn't marry him but that she should weigh her choice.
We all have one thing or the other we are all dealing with but this is not an emotional comment,it is about reality and choices.
I do not say people who have glaucoma or any other health issues are bad people as some ignorant people have opined here. undecided
Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by Sapphie12: 11:59pm On Apr 05, 2020
2dice01:
it is not a death sentence

Yes it can be Heredited

With Proper usage of his Prescribed drugs he should be fine

And when you have children with a Good antioxidant you are good to go

Hopefully! What do you mean by a good antioxidant?
Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by Sapphie12: 12:03am On Apr 06, 2020
Elmojiid:

Such great news!
Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by Sapphie12: 12:06am On Apr 06, 2020
merahki:

I am just thankful that he was upfront and informed about having glaucoma. Now we can be on the lookout for our possible children. I researched and it has a better outlook when it is caught early. Thanks for your input! smiley

1 Like

Re: Marry Someone With Glaucoma? by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 06, 2020
Sapphie12:

I am just thankful that he was upfront and informed about having glaucoma. Now we can be on the lookout for our possible children. I researched and it has a better outlook when it is caught early. Thanks for your input! smiley

Good luck (and you are right about the outlook)
And, forgive me for judging you (I did question your love for him, that’s wrong)

Glaucoma can lead to blindness yes, but it does not always do so or hundreds of millions would be blind
Just like hypertension does not always lead to stroke even though it can
Health is a combination of a lot of things including a positive mindset
Having said all that, you have a right to marry whoever you want. But if he is a good man that makes your body and heart (even brain) sing? Maybe you should hold on to him...not many people can do this...but either way, it’s your choice
Thanks for your gracefulness
Cheers

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Would You Abort A Kid With Down Syndrome? Why And Why Not. / Marriage Registry Dress Code / My Junior Brother Masturbates (He's Married). What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.