Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,187 members, 7,845,898 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Which Softwares Do I Need For Making Scifi Movies - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Softwares Do I Need For Making Scifi Movies (730 Views)

Guidelines For Making Software Development Easier / NL Weeking Meeting: Encouraging The Need For Community / Young Nairalander Just Created An Android App For Making Prank Calls In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Softwares Do I Need For Making Scifi Movies by Unicorno: 2:59pm On Apr 05, 2020
I was going to post this in movie section buh I just had this intuition that I people here would be more capable to give me answers....

So I'm interested in learning how to make sci fi and action movies but the problem is I don't know where to start from... I already know a bit about gree screen technology but its far from enough... I just need a step by step guide about making scifi/action movies

All my efforts to get answers on goodle proved abortive... It seems they are hiding that particular knowledge on Google... Please help me
Re: Which Softwares Do I Need For Making Scifi Movies by donsheddy1(m): 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2020
Unicorno:
I was going to post this in movie section buh I just had this intuition that I people here would be more capable to give me answers....

So I'm interested in learning how to make sci fi and action movies but the problem is I don't know where to start from... I already know a bit about gree screen technology but its far from enough... I just need a step by step guide about making scifi/action movies

All my efforts to get answers on goodle proved abortive... It seems they are hiding that particular knowledge on Google... Please help me
Nobody his anything from you. There's more to creating a SciFi or actin movie which means that it's not a job for one man. You need to be a good cinematographer to direct your scenes to tell a good story. You also need a good video editor, a great VFX team etc to do this.

So for a one man to achieve these is near impossible but doable if you're doing a 2 seconds video or 1 minute VFX reel.
Re: Which Softwares Do I Need For Making Scifi Movies by Unicorno: 4:06pm On Apr 05, 2020
donsheddy1:
Nobody his anything from you. There's more to creating a SciFi or actin movie which means that it's not a job for one man. You need to be a good cinematographer to direct your scenes to tell a good story. You also need a good video editor, a great VFX team etc to do this.

So for a one man to achieve these is near impossible but doable if you're doing a 2 seconds video or 1 minute VFX reel.

Thanks for your time, I fully understand what you are saying,there's even a department that uses architectural apps to design buildings or machines to be used in movies....to be selective I'm most interested in the VFX thing since I don't want to be a cinematographer or video editor or something like that but I just wanted to know the chain of how everything works, how they are connected
Re: Which Softwares Do I Need For Making Scifi Movies by donsheddy1(m): 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2020
Unicorno:

Thanks for your time, I fully understand what you are saying,there's even a department that uses architectural apps to design buildings or machines to be used in movies....to be selective I'm most interested in the VFX thing since I don't want to be a cinematographer or video editor or something like that but I just wanted to know the chain of how everything works, how they are connected
VFX is also another broad aspect of movie production as there are other things that you still can't master as a VFX artist. For instance you can sculpt a good model and lack the skills to properly animate it. Some peoples jobs is to create digital environment while another takes care of proper lighting of the environment. Some movies requires you to model a replica of your actor just to perform an incredible stunt. If you've seen "Aquaman" you'll understand what I'm about to say here. A team built some amazing models while another was interested in color correcting the models. Another was responsible for the hair in water motion etc.

Know what you want to do and start learning from specific aspects. Know if you want to create human models or buildings or even good at story boards etc. It's a lot to write but good luck. To further help you, go lean hudini 3d, Maya and most importantly Photoshop.

(1) (Reply)

Getting Started With Node: Writing A Simple Server With Node / Learn Spamming To The Core / Learn Web Design, Web Development In Akure, Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.