Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,023 members, 7,849,116 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:49 PM

How To Motivate Yourself To Study In Times Like This - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Motivate Yourself To Study In Times Like This (230 Views)

As Undergraduate Student, Your Phone Gallery Is Filled With Something Like This / 50 Inspirational Quotes To Motivate You / 11 Steps To Motivate Yourself..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Motivate Yourself To Study In Times Like This by starryadmin: 9:20am On Apr 06, 2020
It is actually difficult to study in the midst of this pandemic the world is
currently experiencing. The News you see on almost all TV stations is
always negative because they are mostly about COVID-19.
The thought of the news can send negative thought to your mind.
The negative feeling can discourage you from revising for your ICAN exams.
The iron of everything is that, when this pandemic is over, ICAN will announce the new exam date,
They will not cancel the exam because you were not motivated to study.

So it better to put aside the worries that we face now and focus more on the task ahead,
I know it is not easy but it is very possible.

What do you do when you literally have no motivation to study.

• USE REWARDS AND TREATS TO MOTIVATE YOURSELF

I remember when I was preparing for a professional exam,
I had to buy myself a nice wrist watch for finishing the syllabus in a month.
I actually gave my wife the money to buy me the wrist watch if I succeed,
but if don’t, she can keep the money. I actually passed the exam at one sitting.
Rewards are powerful motivators. They train you to delay gratification in
order to get something important done.
If you’re literally struggling so hard that you can’t make it through one page of reading
without getting distracted, then start with a reward per page.
For example, after finishing a page or 2, buy yourself what you love as a reward.

Something I like about the use of a reward system is that it gives you that first
little kick-start to start studying, which could really increase.
You might force yourself to do that first few minutes of study for a small reward.
Your rewards will kick-start momentum.

The reward needs to be hard to obtain, though. It needs to be something that you will be genuinely proud of achieving.
It also needs to be something that you’re genuinely willing to deny yourself
if you don’t reach the goal. If you just throw in the towel and buy the reward even
if you don’t make it to the goal, then what’s the point?

• WRITE DOWN THE REASONS WHY DOYOU WANT TO STUDY WELL.
Writing down your goals and reasons why you want to study hard can encourage and increase your motivation in finishing your tasks. Post this on the wall of your bedroom or your study area so that you can see and always be reminded of why you are studying hard.
For ICAN exams, write down for PROMTION at work and for a BETTER job offer.

Get ICAN video lecture that will that will ease your learning and make you pass ICAN exams with ease.
Call Starry Gold Academy on 09076786154, 07038174484, 07086810335, 08074460975, 08023428420, 08085378906, 08123189141
Or click here to chat with admin on Telegram https:///starrygoldacademy

P.S: Sometimes you just have to persuade yourself to study even when
you don’t feel like to study. ‘You can’t get much done in life if you only work on the days you feel good’ – Jerry West

Click here to join our FREE ICAN Telegram Classes NOW
http://starrygoldacademy.com/members/ican-telegram-class/
Re: How To Motivate Yourself To Study In Times Like This by dawnomike(m): 9:33am On Apr 06, 2020
You have made salient points

(1) (Reply)

Scholarship: SOAS Postgraduate Funding For Nigerian Students At University Of Lo / Mathematics Home Lesson. Oke Ira, Ogba / Illicit Use Of Toxic Drugs Among Youths In The Fct Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.