Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,401 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life (1431 Views)

I Find Violent And Authoritative Women Very Attractive. / Lady Hails Father Who Lost His Hands But Still Works As A Builder (Photos) / What Do You Do To A Father Who Batters And HumiliatesYour Mum In Front Of You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by Yemialade(f): 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hello my fellow nsiraland members, j need your advice and I will be glad for the opinion each of you contribute
Am a fresh graduate and planning for my life so I started reading financial books to develop myself .my father saw me reading and was like are u preparing for exam that you will be reading, he told me that those financial book written is useless that am just wasting my time reading it.
This same father wants to control my financial life saying I must be a tailor by force. And I don't want that.he even threatened me to lesve his house if am angry.
please help me.
Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by dawnomike(m): 1:33pm On Apr 07, 2020
I can understand what you are facing... Be patient and avoid any form of confrontation. Get something started for yourself be it a job or business while you plan on getting your your apartment ASAP!
I left home at the age of 19 to avoid your type of experience and start my life as an undergraduate... But ensure you leave in peace and not at war!

5 Likes

Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 07, 2020
Move out ASAP
Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by DonBenny77(m): 1:35pm On Apr 07, 2020
dawnomike:
I can understand what you are facing... Be patient and avoid any form of confrontation. Get something started for yourself be it a job or business while you plan on getting your your apartment ASAP!
I left home at the age of 19 to avoid your type of experience and start my life as an undergraduate... But ensure you leave in peace and not at war!
You are Male she is female, she can't just leave her father's house easily

1 Like

Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by Yemialade(f): 1:37pm On Apr 07, 2020
Thanks, it's just frustrating, i always end up fighting with him
Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by coolcharm(m): 1:40pm On Apr 07, 2020
Endure till you go for service. Then use that as a lunch pad.

Note: Avoid shallow and useless friends in the form of slay queens and No future ambition boys, you guys are not running the same race.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by donbachi(m): 1:41pm On Apr 07, 2020
But,ur music dey pay u na...with endorsements here and there.
Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by leathalbeast: 1:45pm On Apr 07, 2020
Sorry for your frustrations but what stops you from persuing both careers ?
Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2020
i suggest you listen to your father until you are financially independent so that you can get your own place and do what you desire.
Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by bukatyne(f): 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
Yemialade:
Hello my fellow nsiraland members, j need your advice and I will be glad for the opinion each of you contribute
Am a fresh graduate and planning for my life so I started reading financial books to develop myself .my father saw me reading and was like are u preparing for exam that you will be reading, he told me that those financial book written is useless that am just wasting my time reading it.
This same father wants to control my financial life saying I must be a tailor by force. And I don't want that.he even threatened me to lesve his house if am angry.
please help me.

This one is strange to me.

Your father should be happy you are reading something useful. I believe his problem is that the reading drives you away from his goal: You becoming a tailor.

Why does he want you to be a tailor?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by Munzy14(m): 2:02pm On Apr 07, 2020
Yemialade:
please help me.
Economic situation is a big deal..Which is y it is common to see girls marry from school.

With full support from her parents.

I think your dad is telling u to get practical and start earning...You need to learn a skill...And make money.

Book worm no deh pay.

Acquire a skill before u frustrate him to grave on time please.
Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by chii8(f): 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
Good tailors are making money ooo....
Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by Mariangeles(f): 2:24pm On Apr 07, 2020
Yemialade:

Be patient with him.
He loves you and will always want what is best for you.
Acquire the skill he wants you acquire, at the end of the day, no knowledge is a waste.
Do it, even if it is to make him happy and keep him off your back. You can always do what you want after that.
Once you make up your mind to stop resisting, you'll see there's nothing to it.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by Fhemmmy: 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2020
Yemialade:
please help me.

Being angry or confronting him isn't the best way to deal with this, however, you know your father more than we will do based on few lines of post
My advice will be for you to sit him down to understand what in tailoring that makes him to want you take it up.
Talk to him to educate him about what exactly you want and let him see and understand why you were reading what you were reading.
Communication is the only way to go and if you move out prematurely, you might regret it.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by YourCoffin: 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2020
Na third class you get? This your father wants make you become tailor after after graduation?
Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by Yemialade(f): 4:05pm On Apr 07, 2020
I wanted to use my nysc service as my freedom ticket to get away from that house, I would be financially independent by that time and have my own business.
but the problem is will I tell my father through the phone like Hello father I want to live an independent life, m old enough to make decisions for my self,m too busy that j can't come home. blah blah,
I just want my FREEDOM...
Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by babythug(f): 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2020
Yemialade:
I wanted to use my nysc service as my freedom ticket to get away from that house, I would be financially independent by that time and have my own business.
but the problem is will I tell my father through the phone like Hello father I want to live an independent life, m old enough to make decisions for my self,m too busy that j can't come home. blah blah,
I just want my FREEDOM...

You don’t have to tell him anything! Once your visits to the house become few and far between he will get the message.

Our parents can only steer us in the directions that they know or that life has taken them through.

If you’re not interested in tailoring see if you can negotiate for a trade you enjoy.

Read your books but not when he’s in your immediate vicinity or when there are chores to be attended to.

Maybe that’ll be a starting point.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by Mindlog: 5:38pm On Apr 07, 2020
OP, I guess what you meant to say he is an authoritarian father. The attached image reflects the 4 parenting style.

Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by Dtruthspeaker: 5:42pm On Apr 07, 2020
If you are able to use your spirit, you would see that your father is afraid of your success. Saw the same too and all praises to God, I beat them all, with the knowledge and strength of Christ.

Now, they hate me but I'm smiling in Victory!

Christ is what you need and all you need!
Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by Saintmary(f): 8:49am On Apr 08, 2020
Yemialade:
please help me.
Don't allow hatred or anger to cloud your heart, in your bid to get out of that house fast, watch your steps and make sound decisions to avoid future regrets.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by frozen70(f): 4:21pm On Apr 08, 2020
Yemialade:

I will suggest you relocate to any of your relatives who will be willing to accommodate you

But bear in mind to assist them in e every where you can at home and be so useful that your exit will cause wahala to the entire family

While you ate there, respect yourself and start thinking of what to do

In the absence of non, go for the tailoring practice, you must not practice it buy you will have the experience that will help you in your matrimonial home
Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by cooooooks(m): 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2020
Start working or/and doing enough business to be independent.

That's your only hope.
Re: Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life by ymstar(m): 11:06am On Nov 19, 2020
Sorry

(1) (Reply)

She Wants Someone That Will Adopt Her Baby / Christmas Giveaway / Being So Desperate To Have A Baby Even As A Single Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.